Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Champions League tifos - Union FS

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well it did, the very fact that a Danish club had been able to compete with a Champions League regular like Porto when their budgets are so different is an incredible achievement. 

I had to listen to some silly Leicester fan getting all billy big mouth in Copenhagen to some FCK fans. By the end I wanted to punch him myself. The financial gap is huge and Copenhagen have fought that this campaign. 

From the people of Copenhagen, that's very much appreciated, thank you for recognizing :thumbup:

Indeed, the financial gap from Danish to English football is enormous. The most expensive player in the Danish league is Cornelius, £3 mill. The most expensive player in the PL is what, 15 - 20 times more?

The TV money is different. No one pays £5 mill for a game between Horsens and Esbjerg (understandably). Maybe 20K if they are lucky :)

With Cornelius and Santander out last night, it was never going to be easy. With no strikers, 0-0 was a disapointing but realistically fair result.

Regarding whether or not it motivated the players and how we often wonder if this stuff gets noticed or not, Copenhagen has just released this video from inside the bus. Looks like they do notice, so that should be the end of that discussion :)

47 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Same as Sektion 12, it's about funding and doing it yourself :)

Liked the banner they hung last night as well, very apt. 

Yes, manpower is usually one of the biggest challenges. But it really seems like the club is interested in this, so if they could sponser some perks or something, it could make it more attractive to people to give a hand.

Are you thinking of the UEFA banner? I enjoyed the whole "sending a message to UEFA-theme" - cleverly done.

Are you in contact with anyone in the sektion?

28 minutes ago, Mr.CPH said:

Yes, manpower is usually one of the biggest challenges. But it really seems like the club is interested in this, so if they could sponser some perks or something, it could make it more attractive to people to give a hand.

Are you thinking of the UEFA banner? I enjoyed the whole "sending a message to UEFA-theme" - cleverly done.

Are you in contact with anyone in the sektion?

Yeah the "Not only UEFA's chosen few" banner. Also saw a big pyro show when the bus arrived last night. :cool:

I reckon the scene in Denmark is as good as it gets in central Europe! 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Balloons are old school English mate! We were doing that at Wembley 20 years ago! :thumbup:

A multi step display would be great, dont think it's been done in the UK before.  

They aren't balloons, that wouldn't be very original lol  Here' s a different angle:

I agree, a multistep or two and you guys could raise some (more) eyebrows over there..!

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah the "Not only UEFA's chosen few" banner. Also saw a big pyro show when the bus arrived last night. :cool:

I reckon the scene in Denmark is as good as it gets in central Europe! 

The beginning of the game, they had a banner covering the whole lower stand. It was an envelope adressed to UEFA in Geneva with 3 stamps, Brugge (stamped 4-0), Leicester (stamped 0-0) and Porto not yet stamped. Around the ground was a banner "Before we send, we need to fix Porto" (porto is Danish for the cost of sending). Then came the message later in the game. Brilliant work.

They must have some very clever people in the sektion, so I was just wondering if they couldn't help you out with a few ideas and such.

I've just posted a video at the top of the page with the pyro when the bus arrived. It seems Copenhagen waited for UEFA to announce, that they wouldn't be opening a case, before releasing it but they actually had it ready. Looks like the game's on!

The unofficial scene is huge in Denmark. Not sure why that is tbf and I really can't explain, why it's like that in such a fairly small and pretty averagedly football talented country. Guess the football on the pitch must have been so rubbish, that people decided to have a party in the stands instead :scarf:

On 11/23/2016 at 22:59, Mr.CPH said:

The beginning of the game, they had a banner covering the whole lower stand. It was an envelope adressed to UEFA in Geneva with 3 stamps, Brugge (stamped 4-0), Leicester (stamped 0-0) and Porto not yet stamped. Around the ground was a banner "Before we send, we need to fix Porto" (porto is Danish for the cost of sending). Then came the message later in the game. Brilliant work.

They must have some very clever people in the sektion, so I was just wondering if they couldn't help you out with a few ideas and such.

I've just posted a video at the top of the page with the pyro when the bus arrived. It seems Copenhagen waited for UEFA to announce, that they wouldn't be opening a case, before releasing it but they actually had it ready. Looks like the game's on!

The unofficial scene is huge in Denmark. Not sure why that is tbf and I really can't explain, why it's like that in such a fairly small and pretty averagedly football talented country. Guess the football on the pitch must have been so rubbish, that people decided to have a party in the stands instead :scarf:

I 've been sufficiently impressed with CPH fans I would be tempted to take in a CPH game...how easy, or not, would it be to get tickets in sektion 12 for a game against Brondby or one of your other big rivals?

36 minutes ago, coolcol said:

I 've been sufficiently impressed with CPH fans I would be tempted to take in a CPH game...how easy, or not, would it be to get tickets in sektion 12 for a game against Brondby or one of your other big rivals?

The only big rival is actually Brondby and those games are full on. Both sides put on a heck of a show and emotions get high.

I must confess, that I don't usually go to Copenhagen games anymore (granted, was there last night, but VIP dinner, seats stuff with work almost doesn't count), so I don't know how difficult it is getting into the sektion.

It will be packed for a brondby game but seats won't be numbered and there is an age limit of 15, so if you get it early days, I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible. 

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Union FS displays from the European games so far.

The amount of work that is put in is amazing and the results are............Fantastic!

Congrats and thanks to all involved

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived