Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Champions League tifos - Union FS

20 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This might be a daft question and apologies if it's been asked before....but what the fvck do you do with the tifo once it's been used?

Do you bin it, recycle it or keep if as a memory? And if you do keep it, who keeps it and where do you keep it?

The thing looks bloody massive, so just wondered what happens to it!

And just tell me to fook off if it's none of my business lol

I heard they sold the "Blue and white, Pure delight" one on the cheap to cov but amended delight to shite.

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

Now please don't shoot me down here but i feel there might be an elephant in this room (thread)

Can someone please explain what it was all about? Who's the bloke supposed to be? 

I'm not slating it or pouring scorn on it, i just don't really get any of it! 

I'll add my humble explanation although I have no part whatsoever in these things. It's massive and it's layers of material on top of another.

It's not like painting a wall you just cant lay the thing flat out. It's paid for and made by average supporters like you and me.

Stand on the pitch you'll see it's impressive held up by thousands of people and the world watching.

It's intimidating to the opposition players and fans and uplifting to our players, like trying to paint a 3 minute picture to inspire our hopes and dreams.

It can't be made overnight and Claudio was only sacked weeks ago. So what could Inion FS do to inspire? They quoted Shakespeare in reference to our new manager and our situation. An immortal Italian Emperor has just been assassinated and we the fans (Mark Anthony in the play Julius Caeser) must incite our players from the brink of relegation to avenge our Champions status.

Behind in this Champions League Union FS quoted Shakespeare as we all wished for "cry havoc" and let slip the dogs of war.

It's was *****n genius in relation to our current plight.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This might be a daft question and apologies if it's been asked before....but what the fvck do you do with the tifo once it's been used?

Do you bin it, recycle it or keep if as a memory? And if you do keep it, who keeps it and where do you keep it?

The thing looks bloody massive, so just wondered what happens to it!

And just tell me to fook off if it's none of my business lol

Allready on it's way to landfill unfortunately! Just too big to keep anywhere really. 

10 hours ago, MattP said:

"The valiant never taste of death but once"

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves"

"They say miracles are past"

"Some are born great, some have greatness thrust upon them"

"It's not that I loved Caeser less, thas but I love Rome more"

or maybe just go with "Chat shit geteth Banged"

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

24 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I'll add my humble explanation although I have no part whatsoever in these things. It's massive and it's layers of material on top of another.

It's not like painting a wall you just cant lay the thing flat out. It's paid for and made by average supporters like you and me.

Stand on the pitch you'll see it's impressive held up by thousands of people and the world watching.

It's intimidating to the opposition players and fans and uplifting to our players, like trying to paint a 3 minute picture to inspire our hopes and dreams.

It can't be made overnight and Claudio was only sacked weeks ago. So what could Inion FS do to inspire? They quoted Shakespeare in reference to our new manager and our situation. An immortal Italian Emperor has just been assassinated and we the fans (Mark Anthony in the play Julius Caeser) must incite our players from the brink of relegation to avenge our Champions status.

Behind in this Champions League Union FS quoted Shakespeare as we all wished for "cry havoc" and let slip the dogs of war.

Bang on. Had to completely re-assess after CR sacked, but given we'd already painted the vast majority (hence Shakey wearing a suit) there was limited scope to change. It was a case of making the best of an awkward situation - hopefully we did that.

Shakey doesn't have many discernible features which made him an awkward dude to draw and paint lol That said, most people seem to have understood it was him and got the reference.

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Allready on it's way to landfill unfortunately! Just too big to keep anywhere really. 

Ah O.K. fair enough. Just seems a shame to chuck it in the bin after all the hard work and effort that went in to it!

But like you say, too big to keep anywhere I guess...

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Ah O.K. fair enough. Just seems a shame to chuck it in the bin after all the hard work and effort that went in to it!

But like you say, too big to keep anywhere I guess...

Positive and negative for me, like you say it's a shame to just bin it all but equally you know all the work went into one specific moment where it all comes together.

Absolutely class. Love how we have a fans group who don't try and be European ultras, like Palace in their black hoodies and attempt to be intimidating, but just take the best elements and pull off some of the best feats seen in English football fan displays.

When our atmosphere is at it's best there's nowhere else in the country that matches it right now.

I've got to hold my hands up and say I got it massively wrong about you UFS guys initially.

I'm still living in the past of my days in Pen 3 at Filbo in the late 80's/early 90's and when I started hearing all this talk of 'ultra's' in English football, I was unfairly critical.

But now, about 18 months later on, I get it. I understand what you're trying to do and I've got nothing but admiration for you. I'm actually really proud as a City fan that we've got a dedicated bunch of supporters who are actively trying to improve the atmosphere at the KP.

Apart from maybe Palace, I can't think of another set of supporters who make this much effort and lead the way in English football.

So my most humble apologies guys. I've gone from being your biggest critic to your biggest fan...

Keep up the good work and keep the blue flag flying high :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've got to hold my hands up and say I got it massively wrong about you UFS guys initially.

I'm still living in the past of my days in Pen 3 at Filbo in the late 80's/early 90's and when I started hearing all this talk of 'ultra's' in English football, I was unfairly critical.

But now, about 18 months later on, I get it. I understand what you're trying to do and I've got nothing but admiration for you. I'm actually really proud as a City fan that we've got a dedicated bunch of supporters who are actively trying to improve the atmosphere at the KP.

Apart from maybe Palace, I can't think of another set of supporters who make this much effort and lead the way in English football.

So my most humble apologies guys. I've gone from being your biggest critic to your biggest fan...

Is right 

9 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Absolutely class. Love how we have a fans group who don't try and be European ultras, like Palace in their black hoodies and attempt to be intimidating, but just take the best elements and pull off some of the best feats seen in English football fan displays.

When our atmosphere is at it's best there's nowhere else in the country that matches it right now.

Hearing & feeling you fella 

52 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Join in mate, its not a closed shop, everyone is welcome in UFS. And dont try playing the "I'm too old" card, I'm probably the oldest in the group, officially an OAP.

4 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Join in mate, its not a closed shop, everyone is welcome in UFS. And dont try playing the "I'm too old" card, I'm probably the oldest in the group, officially an OAP.

Bless ya mate. If I still lived in Leicester and still had my health I would.

Unfortunately I can't get to the KP anymore so watch every game religiously on a stream these days. I miss match days like mad but I had a good 20 years of following us home and away back in the day so I can't complain.

I donated a bit to UFS before the Copenhagen game and I'll donate again to help you produce something for the 1/4 finals.

That's the best I can do these days but it's great to hear that anyone is welcome.

I'm more proud than ever to be a Fox even though I can't experience it in the flesh any more...

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm the same.

I was sceptical because usually people who call themselves ultras are the most stuck up arseholes you're likely to meet. 

Not seen that with UFS.

On 15/03/2017 at 12:57, The soup nazi said:

As they always do Union FS put out a statement before hand giving details of where to stand if you didn't want to miss the players walk out. Keep.your eye out next time if you missed it.

I personally spoke to pretty much all the front row and only had one guy moan a bit. Happy with that 

Ok, thanks for that..will have a look beforehand next time and maybe stand to the side.

Normally not bothered but just got a bit desperate after a few mins LOL! 

REALLY great banner though well done everyone involved. 

10 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I'm the same.

I was sceptical because usually people who call themselves ultras are the most stuck up arseholes you're likely to meet. 

Not seen that with UFS.

to be fair, they don't actually call themselves ultras do they? That's a first tidy step.

16 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Agreed, it was an absolute masterpiece. My donation sent in for the next one, cant wait to see it

4 hours ago, jet64 said:

Ok, thanks for that..will have a look beforehand next time and maybe stand to the side.

Normally not bothered but just got a bit desperate after a few mins LOL! 

REALLY great banner though well done everyone involved. 

I missed the teams walking out because I couldn't take my eyes off the kop!

You were all part of a brilliant piece theatre, be proud of what you helped to achieve.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

to be fair, they don't actually call themselves ultras do they? That's a first tidy step.

Anyone in the UK that genuinely believes their group are 'ultras' are doing the scene on the continent a massive disservice imo, hence why UFS have never done so. 

Guest CityFan 06

Just noticed on the UFS website, the gallery hasn't been updated since last season; could you create a new gallery column for this season (2016/17), including the recent Tifo?

I think it's worth continuing to demonstrate what the group has done this season (Tifo's etc). 

11 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Just noticed on the UFS website, the gallery hasn't been updated since last season; could you create a new gallery column for this season (2016/17), including the recent Tifo?

I think it's worth continuing to demonstrate what the group has done this season (Tifo's etc). 

Yep, that's been discussed recently. Will be updated ASAP! :thumbup:

Guest CityFan 06
15 minutes ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Yep, that's been discussed recently. Will be updated ASAP! :thumbup:

Ah good to hear. Just on this point, on the Facebook page on the 'about us' section, it says 30k crowds are one season events. That needs looking at too if possible? 

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

No, mainly for the reason Sol mentioned, although I do think Green Brigade are on that level.

That said, it's difficult to define what an ultra or ultras group is. You have some groups who are 100% dedicated to vocal and visual support in the stadium and don't have any interest in violence or the one-upmanship that goes with nicking flags/scarves or tagging other group's pubs. Then you have groups that pretty much solely pride themselves on the latter but are happy to contribute to the atmosphere at games aswell (if they're not banned) and groups where hools and ultras are together as one.

I'd argue UFS have some characteristics of an ultras group (tifos, drum, flags, consistent vocal support) and for me that's something to be proud of as that mentality produces displays like Tuesday night. What it doesn't have is the bullshit bravado that some UK groups like Holmesdale Fanatics and Red Faction put on because they think they are moving towards the more 'hooligan' side of things but are actually just a complete embarrassment in the grand scheme of things.

Guest CityFan 06

The key thing Union FS have achieved, which is why they've been successful as a group, is they've stayed in line & in sight with the fans, and not become seperate from the fans/club. It's a fine line and UFS have achieved it. 

Archived