Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Keith Vaz

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Labour MP Keith Vaz has stepped down as chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee.

It follows newspaper claims he paid for the services of two male sex workers.

He said: "It is in the best interest of the Home Affairs Select Committee that its important work can be conducted without any distractions whatsoever.

"I am genuinely sorry that recent events make it impossible for this to happen if I remain chair. "

Are we sure about this ?? ...   I've heard this since the sh1t hit the fan ...     he's like those bloody barrels in Jaws ..   disappear for a bit then come bobbing back up ! ...

Edited by Countryfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Are we sure about this ?? ...   I've heard this since the sh1t hit the fan ...     he's like those bloody barrels in Jaws ..   disappear for a bit then come bobbing back up ! ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37283328

I'm sure he'll be back as before when he was found guilty of underhand dealings etc.

• Like 1

Glad to see him finally receive some shame, he's deserved it after all these years and as others have said I hope everything comes out.

One drawback of this is he was very good as head of the home affairs committee and will be missed from that, he absolutely tore the coppers to lied about Andrew Mitchell to bits.

Well it's all sordid scandal an all that but if cocaine and prostitution wasn't illegal as it shouldn't be none of this would really matter.

Personally I think the HAC is a toothless joke of a committee anyway it's just a public call to a crap headmasters table. G4S should have been properly sanctioned rather than the joke of the event that Vaz chaired but perhaps couldn't be as the parents in this instance paid the headmasters wages.

18 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well it's all sordid scandal an all that but if cocaine and prostitution wasn't illegal as it shouldn't be none of this would really matter.

Personally I think the HAC is a toothless joke of a committee anyway it's just a public call to a crap headmasters table. G4S should have been properly sanctioned rather than the joke of the event that Vaz chaired but perhaps couldn't be as the parents in this instance paid the headmasters wages.

Prostitution isn't illegal, something i didn't know until i read about Mr Teflon.

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Prostitution isn't illegal, something i didn't know until i read about Mr Teflon.

Whilst that's true, I guess my point is that legalising the activities around prostitution would take away the culturally scandalous element that should only have bearing on his personal life not the fish bowl shock horror and outrage of the nation fed by the press and moral outcry.

57 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Whilst that's true, I guess my point is that legalising the activities around prostitution would take away the culturally scandalous element that should only have bearing on his personal life not the fish bowl shock horror and outrage of the nation fed by the press and moral outcry.

Some are saying on here that this scandal is only the tip of the iceburg.... IF what they are saying is true, and we have no reason to doubt them, then its really a matter of when not if he lost his job as chair of the HAC

Edited by MPH

It really is about time there was a serious investigation into his finances.

He earns £74,000 a year as an MP and on top of that get's 15k from being head of the Home Affairs select committee, it's a lot compared to the average person obviously, but it doesn't make him mega rich. (In the last 16 years he has declared just £16,000 in extra earnings outside of this)

Despite all that he now owns over 4 million quids worth of property, 2 family homes in London (one purchased in 2010 for 1.15 million), 2 in Leicester, his wife bought a £400,000 house in Pimlico last year along with a building worth £450,000, he bought a £500,000 one just six months before that, they also have two kids who go to private school in Hertfordshire where fees are £35,000 a year.

Something really isn't adding up.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

He earns £74,000 a year as an MP and on top of that get's 15k from being head of the Home Affairs select committee, it's a lot compared to the average person obviously, but it doesn't make him mega rich. (In the last 16 years he has declared just £16,000 in extra earnings outside of this)

Despite all that he now owns over 4 million quids worth of property, 2 family homes in London (one purchased in 2010 for 1.15 million), 2 in Leicester, his wife bought a £400,000 house in Pimlico last year along with a building worth £450,000, he bought a £500,000 one just six months before that, they also have two kids who go to private school in Hertfordshire where fees are £35,000 a year.

What job does his wife do?

Although i doubt its enough to pay for all of that....

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

....plus the bill for his extra curricular activities :whistle:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Silly boy ! ...   You forgot all the money he earns selling washing machines !!   :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I should mention that the Labour25 website makes pretty nasty reading - just a warning.

I think it's rather sinister that the website feels the need to label people as 'known Zionist' (Harriet Harman) and 'Friends of Israel'. There is a clear anti-Semitic agenda.

Also, why the need to politicise this? Are there no Tory paedos?

Edited by Buce

19 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think it's rather sinister that the website feels the need to label people as 'known Zionist' (Harriet Harman) and 'Friends of Israel'. There is a clear anti-Semitic agenda.

Also, why the need to politicise this? Are there no Tory paedos?

Yeah, don't hold me accountable, just supplying the reading material. And yes it is sinister but most of the cases on there are ones that have actually been through the courts, it's not just some bloke calling a load of people paedos. Ignore the Zionist bollox. Of course there's Tory paedos, there's Paedos everywhere mate, I could probably name a nasty Paedo living within range of your house due to my work but wouldn't want to worry people with the scale of the problem. Reason a lot of this is politicised is because of the long standing claim that there is a Westminster based ring operating with the help of the law. People in high power pulling the strings, and most of those linked just happen to be Labourites. Let's be honest though, if Vaz had been a Tory MP he would have been hung, drawn and quartered by now. 

Edited by SecretPro

Sorry mods if I've offended. However I haven't posted anything that isn't already out there. People have already faced prosecution for Elm Guest House and even the links with Vaz from his time in Richmond have been widely reported by the mainstream press (guardian have lots on it) for many years. Probably this hushing of anyone that speaks out about it that's meant the sordid **** has got away with it for 30+ years and will continue too. No point having a thread on him if opinion and conjecture isn't allowed. 

26 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Yeah, don't hold me accountable, just supplying the reading material. And yes it is sinister but most of the cases on there are ones that have actually been through the courts, it's not just some bloke calling a load of people paedos. Ignore the Zionist bollox. Of course there's Tory paedos, there's Paedos everywhere mate, I could probably name a nasty Paedo living within range of your house due to my work but wouldn't want to worry people with the scale of the problem. Reason a lot of this is politicised is because of the long standing claim that there is a Westminster based ring operating with the help of the law. People in high power pulling the strings, and most of those linked just happen to be Labourites. Let's be honest though, if Vaz had been a Tory MP he would have been hung, drawn and quartered by now. 

Yeah, but those Old Etonians probably get off on that kind of thing.. :whistle:

I wasn't holding you accountable, mate, merely pointing out the sinister nature of the reporting, which lessens its credibility, imo. As for the rest - Labour or Tory - they all piss in the same pot.

Edited by Buce

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Sorry mods if I've offended. However I haven't posted anything that isn't already out there. People have already faced prosecution for Elm Guest House and even the links with Vaz from his time in Richmond have been widely reported by the mainstream press (guardian have lots on it) for many years. Probably this hushing of anyone that speaks out about it that's meant the sordid **** has got away with it for 30+ years and will continue too. No point having a thread on him if opinion and conjecture isn't allowed. 

None of us mods are legal experts, if it looks dubious we delete it to protect the site.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah, but those Old Etonians probably get off on that kind of thing.. :whistle:

I wasn't holding you accountable, mate, merely pointing out the sinister nature of the reporting, which lessens its credibility, imo.

Yeah that's fine mate, agree with you, the Zionism talk on there is uncalled for but the credibility comes through most of the on there having already gone through the judicial system