Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

1 minute ago, Lovejoy said:

Which facepack is that mate? I'm on the megapack from the start of the season, is it an updated version of that or a different one?

I've got one from Sortioutsi also backgrounds pack which is unreal plus all trophies makes the game so much better!! 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

I've got one from Sortioutsi also backgrounds pack which is unreal plus all trophies makes the game so much better!! 

Cool, that's the one I downloaded at the start of the season, will definitely update later on.

I had the backgrounds pack on FM15, is a nice touch, could be tempted to get that again for this years version.

I can't believe what i've just seen lol

Last season before the winter break I was about 4th in the league. My last game before the winter break was away to Viktoria Plzen. I lost 8-0. After that I struggled a lot in the league despite still finishing 6th, this season my struggles have continued and I found myself 15th,albeit it with my form improving heading into the last game before the winter break at home to Plzen. I've just smashed them 8-0 lollollol

So I've become Italy manager. 

Went 4-0 up against Chile by HT in a friendly. Made some changes then lost the lead so it was 4-4 by 85 mins lol. Went overload and won it 5-4.

Glad it wasn't anything like a competitive game or a final. Would have lost my shit otherwise lol 

Just a quick poll on here of people trying Leicester out at the start and now with the update.... are any of you genuinely managing to replicate our own tactics in any way? Because i'm failing miserably to be honest and having to revert to 1 striker tactics that have served me well.... but that means pissing off one of Slim and Vardy.

Also, what on earth has happened to the in match tactics screen on the update, they've squashed one side and I can't see average ratings on the split between players and formation! (See below)

58bc93c52566a_ScreenShot2017-03-05at22_39_00.thumb.png.3054c5ba9a902399e1ce637e4e79decf.png

48 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Just a quick poll on here of people trying Leicester out at the start and now with the update.... are any of you genuinely managing to replicate our own tactics in any way? Because i'm failing miserably to be honest and having to revert to 1 striker tactics that have served me well.... but that means pissing off one of Slim and Vardy.

Also, what on earth has happened to the in match tactics screen on the update, they've squashed one side and I can't see average ratings on the split between players and formation! (See below)

58bc93c52566a_ScreenShot2017-03-05at22_39_00.thumb.png.3054c5ba9a902399e1ce637e4e79decf.png

I have. Drinkwater as a DLP (D) and Ndidi on BWM (S) worked well defensively as a midfield partnership. It looks a bit too attacking for me, maybe drop Gray down to a (S) and the right back should be on a defend duty, otherwise both him and Mahrez will bomb forward and you will have no cover.

I also play Vardy as the AF with Slimani/Okazaki as a DF or TM (S) which works well.

37 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You don't need so many instructions, the fewer the better generally. Mahrez isn't a winger in FM terms, have a look at the player instructions and you'll see that they aren't really suited to a left footer or Riyad.

Defensive Centre Backs just hoof the ball all of the time, I know Huth and Morgan aren't great with the ball at their feet but standard centre back roles would be better. Stoppers are better suited to three at the back as well. 

The midfield pair are too open, an AP isn't very disciplined so I'd recommend a DLP s or a CM s for Drinky.

I'd rather have Vardy as the advanced striker as well so he can run in behind more often.

32 minutes ago, rmahrez said:

I have. Drinkwater as a DLP (D) and Ndidi on BWM (S) worked well defensively as a midfield partnership. It looks a bit too attacking for me, maybe drop Gray down to a (S) and the right back should be on a defend duty, otherwise both him and Mahrez will bomb forward and you will have no cover.

I also play Vardy as the AF with Slimani/Okazaki as a DF or TM (S) which works well.

32 minutes ago, Wookie said:

You don't need so many instructions, the fewer the better generally. Mahrez isn't a winger in FM terms, have a look at the player instructions and you'll see that they aren't really suited to a left footer or Riyad.

Defensive Centre Backs just hoof the ball all of the time, I know Huth and Morgan aren't great with the ball at their feet but standard centre back roles would be better. Stoppers are better suited to three at the back as well. 

The midfield pair are too open, an AP isn't very disciplined so I'd recommend a DLP s or a CM s for Drinky.

I'd rather have Vardy as the advanced striker as well so he can run in behind more often.

Cheers lads the ss was actually to show the tactical screen error lol but appreciate the advice anyway :) was only the CS game so messing around with a few combos but will deffo take the above on board as I'd love to try a 4-4-2! 

As ive mentioned by string suit on FM Is total football 4-2-3-1 tactics but it just doesn't fit the current leicester squad.

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Cheers lads the ss was actually to show the tactical screen error lol but appreciate the advice anyway :) was only the CS game so messing around with a few combos but will deffo take the above on board as I'd love to try a 4-4-2! 

As ive mentioned by string suit on FM Is total football 4-2-3-1 tactics but it just doesn't fit the current leicester squad.

I didn't read your post properly, sorry lol 

Something else to bare in mind is that the wide player (ml/mr/aml/amr) defensive positioning is too wide at times which is a match engine problem however it isn't that bad.

Started a new save as RC Strasbourg Alsace. Gonna bring back the glory days. 

I'm over wage budget and have £0 to spend on transfers or signing-on fees, which is a shame as there's quite a few good free agents on the update.

Managed to bring in a loanee and one LB on a free. My tactic from the last save is working a treat, unbeaten at the top of Ligue 2 after five games. 

Look like my longest save in about the last 4 years of FM is corrupt. Looking to restart with the new update, start unemployed and un qualified. Can anyone suggest leagues to add to the save in countries you found fun? 

7 hours ago, Beliall said:

Look like my longest save in about the last 4 years of FM is corrupt. Looking to restart with the new update, start unemployed and un qualified. Can anyone suggest leagues to add to the save in countries you found fun? 

Scandi.

Just now, StanSP said:

am I being really dumb or is this a new rule for FA Cup?! Extra subs for extra-time and no replays?

facup.PNG.6790f9813e893db238f35d4a95f1a6ea.PNG

That rule was announced in the real world only a week or 2 ago. Top stuff from SI

7 hours ago, Walkers said:

Advice on how not to get every player booked in every game every season?

Don't tackle hard?

I have Krychowyak (sp?) with his ridiculous aggression and he rarely gets booked at bwm. My midfielders rarely get cards, my forwards almost none.

Yet my full backs get ridiculous amounts of red cards and yellow cards. It's odd.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Don't tackle hard?

I have Krychowyak (sp?) with his ridiculous aggression and he rarely gets booked at bwm. My midfielders rarely get cards, my forwards almost none.

Yet my full backs get ridiculous amounts of red cards and yellow cards. It's odd.

I have a walking yellow card at LB and DM. By don't tackle hard I presume you mean the drop down menu in opposition instructions? And not just stay on feet in team instructions?

13 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I have a walking yellow card at LB and DM. By don't tackle hard I presume you mean the drop down menu in opposition instructions? And not just stay on feet in team instructions?

Yeah. 

I rarely apply the tackle hard op instruction and I don't get many yellow cards other than full back.

My full backs aren't aggressive, don't dive in to tackles, don't have hard tackling instructions, they just get crazy amounts of yellows and yellows leading to reds. I assume it's a quirk of the AI. 

Edit: actually, here's a thought. They're instructed to close down a lot and they obviously tackle because they're defenders but their tackling is only about 12/13 because I've got very attack minded FBs. I suppose it's possible their low technical tackling attribute makes them more prone to foul.

Not sure really.

Archived