Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

On 22/02/2017 at 02:42, Walkers said:

Started a new game and returned to my spiritual home of Czech Republic as manager of Viktoria Zizkov in the 2nd division!

Promoted first season! Unexpected since this is our first year at this level as we were just promoted from Div 3. Went up with a pretty rubbish squad though, most of my players were out of contract so I began pre-season with only 13 players. Managed to build a decent team in the space of two weeks ready for the season which starts in one week lol

Czech league is such a breeze. One cup competition, no silly play offs or league split like in Belgium/Scotland. Just a simple 30 game season with a 14-16 week winter break and 8 week summer break with barely any mid-week league games. My team is also entirely Czech but for a Brazilian and a Serbian. My wage budget went from 10k to 32k and also had about 500k to spend. Spent a good bit of time trying to improve coaching for the senior and u19 squad

On 25/02/2017 at 03:36, Walkers said:

Promoted first season! Unexpected since this is our first year at this level as we were just promoted from Div 3. Went up with a pretty rubbish squad though, most of my players were out of contract so I began pre-season with only 13 players. Managed to build a decent team in the space of two weeks ready for the season which starts in one week lol

Czech league is such a breeze. One cup competition, no silly play offs or league split like in Belgium/Scotland. Just a simple 30 game season with a 14-16 week winter break and 8 week summer break with barely any mid-week league games. My team is also entirely Czech but for a Brazilian and a Serbian. My wage budget went from 10k to 32k and also had about 500k to spend. Spent a good bit of time trying to improve coaching for the senior and u19 squad

Halfway through the season and somehow i'm 4th, 3 pts off the top with the Champions Sparta Prague struggling 2pts above the drop zone. I lost 3 of my first 4 but i'm unbeaten since including a convincing 3-0 win away at Sparta and a 2-1 win at home to surprise leaders Teplice. My u19 team, all of which was last seasons youth intake are doing brilliantly at the top of their best youth division. Most of my intake were very very highly rated but i'm not sure just how good they will turn out to be because my scouts aren't the greatest.

Update is out.

N'Didi (was really poor at Genk) Chilwell and Barnes are our only players that have received significant boosts to their attributes, everyone else relatively unchanged .

On 27/02/2017 at 03:15, Walkers said:

Halfway through the season and somehow i'm 4th, 3 pts off the top with the Champions Sparta Prague struggling 2pts above the drop zone. I lost 3 of my first 4 but i'm unbeaten since including a convincing 3-0 win away at Sparta and a 2-1 win at home to surprise leaders Teplice. My u19 team, all of which was last seasons youth intake are doing brilliantly at the top of their best youth division. Most of my intake were very very highly rated but i'm not sure just how good they will turn out to be because my scouts aren't the greatest.

I finished 6th which on the whole is brilliant, however I won only about 2 of my last 15 games, drew about 7 of them. Continued to try and improve my team with other top division out of contract rejects. Also spent a total of 500k on 3 or 4 players.

Did I read on here someone say they always see the top team in a country fall from grace? Sparta Prague were 14th (/16) at Christmas but hired Manuel Pellegrini obviously and they recovered to 5th.

17 hours ago, Wookie said:

Update is out.

N'Didi (was really poor at Genk) Chilwell and Barnes are our only players that have received significant boosts to their attributes, everyone else relatively unchanged .

Are Leicester manager-less in the update?

Looking for inspiration for a new game please. Current thoughts are one of:

• Leicester
  • Fleetwood/Bradford or other random League 1 team
  • Lower end La Liga team - Las Palmas could be a shout with Jese
  • Lower end Serie A team - Chievo/Empoli/Genoa standing out
  • Bundesliga 2 sleeping giant - TSV 1860/Kaiserslautern/Dusseldorf/Arminia Bielefeld maybe.

It's usually about this time of year I find my long term save, so left of field suggestions welcome :).

4 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

• Leicester
  • Bundesliga 2 sleeping giant - TSV 1860/Kaiserslautern/Dusseldorf/Arminia Bielefeld maybe.

It's usually about this time of year I find my long term save, so left of field suggestions welcome :).

My current save is with Sampdoria. Their history speaks for itself and they're currently a real mess on fm.

Loads to do in terms of shipping players out and trying to get some cheaper players in that make a difference due to the tight budget.

I also had MK Dons on the go. Some good youth prospects and of course are own Harvey Barnes is there (will be now because of the update).

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Ndidi looks unreal on the update 

Even though I'm not playing as Leicester I updated Ndidi myself as I felt I couldn't let him be left that shit. Haha.

Screenshot his new profile so I can compare? 

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Even though I'm not playing as Leicester I updated Ndidi myself as I felt I couldn't let him be left that shit. Haha.

Screenshot his new profile so I can compare? 

If you can wait until around 10 after I finish work il put one up.

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

• Leicester

Torn between continuing my FC Wil game in 2022 (I've taken them as far as I can, getting bored of winning the league and getting knocked out of the CL in the group stages, so I'm looking for a new job.)

Or starting a new 'sleeping giants' game.

1860 Munich and Dusseldorf are good shouts. Maybe Strasbourg Alsace in Ligue 2.

Or Parma?

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

WilfredNdidi_zpslowgdjif.jpg

@Finnegan

Turns out to be one of the best in the game.

Which facepack is that mate? I'm on the megapack from the start of the season, is it an updated version of that or a different one?

Archived