Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

28 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

This version is so hard. There's no magical formation that seems to work. You'll win a few on the bounce and think you even figured it out and then go on a 8 game winless streak and miss every peno you get. 

Sigh.

Find 2 formations that work, when you go 2-0 up with 20 too go, switch defensive formation, keeps the AI guessing. try a brand new one when you play a ge you know will lose, and it tricks the ai into thinking you changed. my 4-1-4-1 formation won me the league, used 442 and 4411 a handful of times

10 hours ago, Uncle Monty said:

This version is so hard. There's no magical formation that seems to work. You'll win a few on the bounce and think you even figured it out and then go on a 8 game winless streak and miss every peno you get. 

Sigh.

I'm still using @Wookie formation from page 14 I think it was. I think getting your players familiar with the formation in pre-season and training them right, with the correct player traits is key. Obviously it's not 100% 'magical' as I still lose games but it's vastly successful for me. 

9 hours ago, Beliall said:

Find 2 formations that work, when you go 2-0 up with 20 too go, switch defensive formation, keeps the AI guessing. try a brand new one when you play a ge you know will lose, and it tricks the ai into thinking you changed. my 4-1-4-1 formation won me the league, used 442 and 4411 a handful of times

Switching to defensive isn't a wise move but obviously in all scenarios though. I don't think trying to 'trick' the AI works. You do what's best for your team and sometimes going too defensive, especially if your players aren't familiar with that mindset, isn't always profitable.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm still using @Wookie formation from page 14 I think it was. I think getting your players familiar with the formation in pre-season and training them right, with the correct player traits is key. Obviously it's not 100% 'magical' as I still lose games but it's vastly successful for me. 

Switching to defensive isn't a wise move but obviously in all scenarios though. I don't think trying to 'trick' the AI works. You do what's best for your team and sometimes going too defensive, especially if your players aren't familiar with that mindset, isn't always profitable.

My tactics are either control or attack. thats as defensive as i get

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think it was Donut's system you started using?

Games these days, the programming is too clever to allow a fair crack of the whip. Ive seen scripting get worse and worse over the past 15 years or so. 

I recall one football manager event, cant remember the version but if any one remembers it was the one where Seth Johnson and Kevin Street were awesome. So going back a bit. I recall taking over Leicester and avoiding relegation in the first season. In the second season I challenged for the title and was a point behind Man Utd with one game left, at home...vs man utd.

Now i replayed that game over 75 times with different formations, players, tactics. I had disallowed goals, red cards, you name it everything. I never did win it. 

My point is rather than allowing me to win it on merit and on the basis of how well i was playing, it decided that i was not destined to win it as i was only in my second season.

48 minutes ago, somebum said:

Games these days, the programming is too clever to allow a fair crack of the whip. Ive seen scripting get worse and worse over the past 15 years or so. 

I recall one football manager event, cant remember the version but if any one remembers it was the one where Seth Johnson and Kevin Street were awesome. So going back a bit. I recall taking over Leicester and avoiding relegation in the first season. In the second season I challenged for the title and was a point behind Man Utd with one game left, at home...vs man utd.

Now i replayed that game over 75 times with different formations, players, tactics. I had disallowed goals, red cards, you name it everything. I never did win it. 

My point is rather than allowing me to win it on merit and on the basis of how well i was playing, it decided that i was not destined to win it as i was only in my second season.

Wrong. The match engine can't differentiate between the AI and humans, your tactics are just not good enough. There is no 'scripting' or 'destiny' in the game whatsoever.

23 minutes ago, rmahrez said:

Wrong. The match engine can't differentiate between the AI and humans, your tactics are just not good enough. There is no 'scripting' or 'destiny' in the game whatsoever.

@Ricey

I'm sure there will be to some extent just like the files about FIFA being scripted got released.

Just now, Ashley said:

@Ricey

I'm sure there will be to some extent just like the files about FIFA being scripted got released.

SI, the makers of the game, have stated hundreds of time otherwise, that the match engine is completely objective. There's no way to know for certain but I doubt very much that such a large lie would be reiterated so many times to so many people.

Just now, rmahrez said:

SI, the makers of the game, have stated hundreds of time otherwise, that the match engine is completely objective. There's no way to know for certain but I doubt very much that such a large lie would be reiterated so many times to so many people.

I'm sure EA have said the same but Google - Reddit FIFA Momentum.

Just now, Ashley said:

I'm sure EA have said the same but Google - Reddit FIFA Momentum.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/308777-scripted-results/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/379194-why-is-football-manager-so-rigged-scripted/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/320322-are-away-games-scripted/

Threads and threads on the SI forums on why the match engine isn't scripted.

Being fair, FIFA and FM are completely different games with engines that couldn't be more different. FIFA is almost soley based around the graphical side and appealing to its wide consumer base with fads like ultimate team, while the FM engine and FM as a whole has the purpose of being the most realistic football sim possible. I'm nearly 100% sure that games are not scripted whatsoever, as this is the polar opposite to realism.

Anyone ever just focused on youth? Like buying young players who have half decent potential for the under 18s let them win things young and hopefully break through to the first team? I.e. Germany a few years ago? With neur, Ozil etc?

On 12/02/2017 at 23:46, somebum said:

Always one, ay hahaha

More than one sadly. There are absolutely thousands of you plonkers with fragile egos and confirmation bias crying about the game being rigged.

Funny how my copy never is.

I suppose my success is just down to, what, I'm lucky?

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

More than one sadly. There are absolutely thousands of you plonkers with fragile egos and confirmation bias crying about the game being rigged.

Funny how my copy never is.

I suppose my success is just down to, what, I'm lucky?

Yes. 

or

better at scouting and using you transfer business to build a great squad. I have had season where I never had to change at all as we were so dominant, and others where we were noot so good and had to make a lot of changes to stay competitive.

It's all very well saying

Wow. I'm answering the wrong question. the game isn't rigged, i agree. now, I need coffee. Sorry Finners

Archived