Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

Anyone ever just focused on youth? Like buying young players who have half decent potential for the under 18s let them win things young and hopefully break through to the first team? I.e. Germany a few years ago? With neur, Ozil etc?

never solely on youth but I'll always have a few scouts scouring nations/regions for players around 16-18 years old. Regardless of if they win things I don't put them in the first team if they're not ready but I'll still track the best ones.

It also helps if you're a big club in European competition if you get a youngster at 16 (or even 15 if you're lucky), who has very high potential but becomes ready at about 18 or 19 for the first team. Not only does it help that they're good enough but they massively help with homegrown quotas once over 21. 

The annoying thing is if you try and get a youngster from a decent sized club and they won't sell unless you can afford something like £30m+. Getting a gem from a small club is significantly easier.

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

Anyone ever just focused on youth? Like buying young players who have half decent potential for the under 18s let them win things young and hopefully break through to the first team? I.e. Germany a few years ago? With neur, Ozil etc?

Focusing on youth is a big interest of mine but it also broke the game a little for me.

They've improved it a little bit now but it used to be far too easy to go through the academies of clubs with good youth systems just after regen day, poach their kids for compo and build a world class team on a shoe string budget.

You'd then end up having too many and selling some of them with even your rejects going for like 40+ mil.

Development of technicals and mental isn't as quick now as it was and it's harder to poach regens but it's still pretty easy to buy low and sell high by targeting South American, French and Slavic clubs who can't afford to hold on to their kids.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

More than one sadly. There are absolutely thousands of you plonkers with fragile egos and confirmation bias crying about the game being rigged.

Funny how my copy never is.

I suppose my success is just down to, what, I'm lucky?

I won everything on the game mate easy on the insults pal just because you disagree but i believe certain events on the game were rigged thats all try not getting too upset over it

21 minutes ago, somebum said:

I won everything on the game mate easy on the insults pal just because you disagree but i believe certain events on the game were rigged thats all try not getting too upset over it

Who's upset? lol

I'm not the one fessing up that he tried to cheat seventy five times and still couldn't win the league.

another close title race!

I've been 2nd to West Ham since mid January, before that floated between 3rd and 4th.

Penultimate game of the season against West Ham with them having a superior GD by 2. They're in good form and my record away to them is poor (They have Origi who always loves a goal against me). So I think I'm gonna be losing to them and handing them the title in their own back yard.

They played against Monaco in the semi-final of the CL and won that in mid-week whereas I've had a week for my players to rest. Quick team-meeting in midweek to psyche them up and telling them I we've been in good form and one last push for the title.

I win 2-1 and now we're level with exact same W/D/L record and just different individual figures for scored and conceded.

I've got Palace at Home; they've got Wolves away. 

58a2e954b8a84_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-5.thumb.png.ef1c35a1097baca82a8573985e4f536e.png

2nd with Rangers in a bizarre season. I've had 20 games and still not drawn. I'm doing pretty badly though, 12 wins and 8 defeats. Aberdeen top and Celtic 8th lol

Every time we go a goal down, we crumble. I'm 2nd, but goal difference is -1! Awful luck with injuries too. 5 key players out for 5 months+ 

Kenny Miller has decided to retire as he won't come back from his. 

Barton, McKay, Halliday and Forrester still set to miss vast majority of the season.

I've decided to start a new save at Sampdoria as I'm kind of bored after 5 seasons at Leverkusen.

Throughout pre season it was a complete clear out job.

The amount of crap hanging around the club was far fetched.

Generated around 5 mill in sales to add to my transfer budget of 4 mill which enabled me to sign defensive midfielder Andre Cubas from Boca for 6 million whilst also adding Boshilla on loan from Monaco.

I have a few promising youngsters such as rb Pedro Pereira and Croatian striker Budimir.

Hopeful of a mid to top table finish but the lack of CB's at my disposal could hurt me.

3 games into the season have seen an opening day 2-0 defeat away at Napoli, followed by a 1-0 home win over Palermo and finally a Lloyd Dyer 0-0 away at Empoli.

Not overly convinced we're going to score enough goals to have a good season but I'm confident of keeping the goals out at least! 

Anyone know when the official transfer patch is out? Looking to start a new save but not sure whether to hold off? Had a great save with RB Leipzig, but after 10 years enough was enough. Not sure whether to hold out until the patch is out...

41 minutes ago, Adam. said:

Anyone know when the official transfer patch is out? Looking to start a new save but not sure whether to hold off? Had a great save with RB Leipzig, but after 10 years enough was enough. Not sure whether to hold out until the patch is out...

I think last year it was at the end of February 

Still really struggling, tried donuts tactics and lose 3-4 games on the trott, switch back to 41221 and draw a few. Reckon it's because kapser is getting on a bit (3 seasons in) so buy donnarumma but still concede a shit load and can't score. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

Still really struggling, tried donuts tactics and lose 3-4 games on the trott, switch back to 41221 and draw a few. Reckon it's because kapser is getting on a bit (3 seasons in) so buy donnarumma but still concede a shit load and can't score. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Post a picture of system, roles, duties, team instructions etc etc

15 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

for a start, stop swapping systems every two minutes.

More fool me for thinking Ferencvaros would go down. They're now absolutely flying and I can see them pinching the title. Irritatingly with MTK and Videoton starting so far ahead, we're going to be the ones who drop out.

I've dropped too many points that I shouldn't have. Absolutely dominated both MTK and Videoton at home yet only had one point to show for it.

Relying on the cup if I want Europe, and it's achievable as most of the better sides are out. Only 4 of the last 8 are top tier and the likes of Ferencvaros are out.

We're a bit of a nearly side.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

More fool me for thinking Ferencvaros would go down. They're now absolutely flying and I can see them pinching the title. Irritatingly with MTK and Videoton starting so far ahead, we're going to be the ones who drop out.

I've dropped too many points that I shouldn't have. Absolutely dominated both MTK and Videoton at home yet only had one point to show for it.

Relying on the cup if I want Europe, and it's achievable as most of the better sides are out. Only 4 of the last 8 are top tier and the likes of Ferencvaros are out.

We're a bit of a nearly side.

What country are you managing in?

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

What country are you managing in?

Hungary. Had a thought to try and build up a struggling league. What better than the once brilliant Hungary. Truth be told this is going to test my patience. It's a way behind even the likes of Romania.

30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hungary. Had a thought to try and build up a struggling league. What better than the once brilliant Hungary. Truth be told this is going to test my patience. It's a way behind even the likes of Romania.

Cool, I might have a look at that. I managed in sweden early n my save, didnt like the format much

37 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I was pissing around last night as I don't want to start a proper game until the new update comes out... you can sign Donnarumma at Leicester in the first season for around £12m. Wow.

Really??? I've made a bid for him at every save i've done so far and it's come back as £70/80m minimum lol 

On a network game with 3 of my mates.

I'm QPR. The other 3 are Reading, Forest, Leeds. All teams got picked randomly.

First season - 3 of us got sacked lol. I was a few games unbeaten but 14th in the league. Board meeting and I asked to give me more time to improve; 1 month given. I carried on unbeaten and beat Newcastle & Brighton away (they were top 3). Still ended up getting sacked So we all became new managers at the same club as agreed at start of the season if we did get sacked. Lasted the season. 

Second season has gone much better. 10 games gone, top of the league, scored about 40 goals and have a GD of 30+ lol. My board sold Tjaaron Chery for £10m. Reinvested that in signing Tom Lawrence, Matty James. Got Utd as a feeder club so signed Andreas Pereira & Sam Johnstone on loan. Also Chilwell and Enzo Zidane on loan.

Find the networks game vastly more enjoyable sometimes than my own game!

Archived