Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

51 minutes ago, matty98 said:

As someone who watches Norwich a lot, i cant believe people want us to sign Robbie Brady, he's an above average championship player at best

Can fill in about 9 positions, knows how to take a set piece, has captain's experience, won't mind not starting every game, won't cost the earth, young ish, Premier League experience and plays with the same intensity and desire that saw little old Leicester become Champions of England.

He wouldn't be an exciting signing but it would be like having another Albrighton and that can't possibly be a bad thing.

We all know how short of depth we are here. He'd be a good buy.

10 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Keane or Sakho (attitude might be a problem)

Schneiderlin

Kondogbia  Supposedly Inter dont want to take a loss on the 30m euro they paid but willing to loan until end of season with option to buy didn't he play under Ranieri at Monaco when they finished 2nd?

Depay?

Isco. Spurs are meant to be in for him. We can compete with them on wages but league position would make this extremely unlikely.

Please tell me you're joking.....

Kondogbia, Depay and Isco signing for us?

May as well stick in a bid for Messi while we're at it

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Can fill in about 9 positions, knows how to take a set piece, has captain's experience, won't mind not starting every game, won't cost the earth, young ish, Premier League experience and plays with the same intensity and desire that saw little old Leicester become Champions of England.

He wouldn't be an exciting signing but it would be like having another Albrighton and that can't possibly be a bad thing.

We all know how short of depth we are here. He'd be a good buy.

As a winger i could see it potentially but we already have enough wingers, at full back he isn't good enough for the premier league, gets caught out too often and struggles to track runners

Guest CityFan 06

I've warmed to Brady over time because I feel we could do with another left sided wide man who can cross on his natural foot. Fuchs can cross in some sumptuous balls at times, and if Brady can do similar with his left peg he may well be effective for us. I'm assuming here but he seems a hard worker with good intensity in his play. Our system functions when we're playing as a team and I feel Brady would slot into that with his work rate. If Schlupp is moving in January, I can see the Brady deal happening, but if not Brady I think we'll still see another winger coming in, judging from reports.

VfL Wolfsburg's Julian Draxler has been benched since the start of December after he publicly announced he wants to leave the club.

Tidy player. And just what we'd need in a CAM role. However, I wonder whether this type of player is part of Ranieri's plans...

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

VfL Wolfsburg's Julian Draxler has been benched since the start of December after he publicly announced he wants to leave the club.

Tidy player. And just what we'd need in a CAM role. However, I wonder whether this type of player is part of Ranieri's plans...

No chance we'd get him

24 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

He's going to cost at least £45-50m and £150k/wk, way, way out of our league. Arsenal fans have been pining over him like a love sick teenager.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned him but we should stick a bid in for Rondon. Improvement on Ulloa I think. Seems to have more ability and physicality than him. 

Good shout but I don't think he'd leave unless it was a top 6 side unfortunately.

Recently I've heard a lot of people saying we need 'Premier League proven' players.

In midfield especially you'll find most of the best players in each club didn't have prior 'proven' Premier League experience and they performed well quickly....just a few names for instance - Mane, Dier, Hazard, Ali, Coutinho, Firminho, De Bruyne, Wanyama, Herrera, Dembele, Payet, Kante, Mahrez, Cazorla, Silva, Tadic. The list goes on...

Premier League experience invariably means huge transfer fees and wages as they'll already be on higher incomes compared to most European leagues. You can intice top talent from Europe simply because we can double (and sometimes triple) their current pay. For example Ilicic is on around £30k/week (19k after tax), he's been compared to Sigurdsson who's earning in the region of £70k+ a week.

Archived