Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

Please no more wingers. LB probably needs cover, I don't think Chilwell is decent enough cover, based on the Porto game?

CB and a creative CM, priority IMO. Shlupp is most definitely on his way out though, demoted to the U23's today is very telling. I think there's a chance Gray might go too, if Everton splash the cash.

Not sure CR would get a left back, since we negotiated to extend Chillwells contract and he's highly regarded by the coaches. 

Definitely need another centre back! Huth and Morgan have played a lot of games and both have definitely got significantly worse this season. Both are aging as well and though I hope both stay with the club through to retirement, we have to think about replacements. Hernandez has not impressed and it looks like Amartey's future lies at CM instead of CB (he played CB for Copenhagen). We missed out on both Keane and Martins Indi during the summer which is frustrating as both have been very good!

I'm really not sure who we could get though. Winter window is notorious for being hard to pick up good players in.

Keane or Sakho (attitude might be a problem) 

Schneiderlin

Kondogbia  Supposedly Inter dont want to take a loss on the 30m euro they paid but willing to loan until end of season with option to buy didn't he play under Ranieri at Monaco when they finished 2nd?

Depay? 

Isco. Spurs are meant to be in for him. We can compete with them on wages but league position would make this extremely unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

YES FOOKING PLEASE!

This Ilicic geezer knows where the net is, Sigurdsson like stats for an attacking midfielder...haven't seen him play but 53 goals in 210 games is pretty tasty.

Has anyone watched him? I think Macia may signed him before when he was at Fiorentina. 

image.png

7 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

This Ilicic geezer knows where the net is, Sigurdsson like stats for an attacking midfielder...haven't seen him play but 53 goals in 210 games is pretty tasty.

Has anyone watched him? I think Macia may signed him before when he was at Fiorentina. 

image.png

Only time I've seen him play was against England a couple of months ago and he bossed it, seemed to work his arse off and was technically very good.... 

3 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Keane or Sakho (attitude might be a problem) 

Schneiderlin

Kondogbia  Supposedly Inter dont want to take a loss on the 30m euro they paid but willing to loan until end of season with option to buy didn't he play under Ranieri at Monaco when they finished 2nd?

Depay? 

Isco. Spurs are meant to be in for him. We can compete with them on wages but league position would make this extremely unlikely.

Depay is trash.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Robbie Brady if Schlupp goes please. Ok, he's no world beater but he's as hard working as Albrighton and his crossing from his natural position would create more chances for Slimani than we currently offer him. Get it done. 

This. We were in for Brady in the summer, wad gutted we didnt get him.

I think Brady/Gray are good rotation options for Mahrez/Albrighton in the 4-4-2. Brady's defensive ability would give Gray more freedom to attack, like Albrighton with Mahrez.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Depay is trash.

I don't think he is and he is still only 22. If played regularly and as long as he has the right mentality could very well become world class. Likely away from Old Trafford though. If Everton sign him let's have this conversation in a years time :) I'll bet he will be rated as one of the best players in the league.

And if Everton sign him and Schneiderlin they will be top 4 next season.

6 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

I don't think he is and he is still only 22. If played regularly and as long as he has the right mentality could very well become world class. Likely away from Old Trafford though. If Everton sign him let's have this conversation in a years time :) I'll bet he will be rated as one of the best players in the league.

I can't see it myself lol

Just now, Simo86 said:

I can't see it myself lol

Walsh didn't do too bad with signings for us tbf and they already have a few very good players. I hope they don't sign Depay and Schneiderlin. I hope that we do but if they do and nick Gray for that matter then they will be up there. 

8 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Walsh didn't do too bad with signings for us tbf and they already have a few very good players. I hope they don't sign Depay and Schneiderlin. I hope that we do but if they do and nick Gray for that matter then they will be up there. 

Yes but it wasn't all Walsh. The whole recruitment team gets credit for our successful signings. The whole reason for our success on and off the pitch was how the club worked together as a team. There was probably some luck involved as well, as no one knew that Vardy, Mahrez and Kante would be as good as they were/are. 

Depay and Schneiderlein would not been Walsh signings anyway. Koeman knows Schneiderlein from Southampton and Depay is his fellow countryman.

Everton need a lot of work before they will challenge Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs

1 minute ago, Simo86 said:

Yes but it wasn't all Walsh. The whole recruitment team gets credit for our successful signings. The whole reason for our success on and off the pitch was how the club worked together as a team. There was probably some luck involved as well, as no one knew that Vardy, Mahrez and Kante would be as good as they were/are. 

Depay and Schneiderlein would not been Walsh signings anyway. Koeman knows Schneiderlein from Southampton and Depay is his fellow countryman.

Everton need a lot of work before they will challenge Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs

Fair enough points. Would still back them for top 4 with those signings next season IMO

44 minutes ago, matty98 said:

As someone who watches Norwich a lot, i cant believe people want us to sign Robbie Brady, he's an above average championship player at best

Agreed, we need oodles of pace on the wings for counter attacks, was supposed to be Musa but he left his first touch in Moscow.

We can do much better than Robbie Brady. Although it could be a crafty ploy to sneak him in as a LB without upsetting Chilwell :ph34r:

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

Every time I've seen him play he's been awful. 

3 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Depay is trash.

Harsh.

He was given the Man United number 7 shirt and cost them an arm and a leg. Big boots to fill for any 21 year old.

He'll come good. A move to a 'lesser' sized club will do him to world of good. Rumours that Everton want him, can see him really shining there.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Harsh.

He was given the Man United number 7 shirt and cost them an arm and a leg. Big boots to fill for any 21 year old.

He'll come good. A move to a 'lesser' sized club will do him to world of good. Rumours that Everton want him, can see him really shining there.

We already have Gray? 

Archived