Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

The big catch for us now is that a lot of teams, like Swansea, Burnley, Middlesbrough etc... aren't going to sell to us. Swansea are fighting relegation, selling their best player to us under any circumstances would be absolute insanity.

We've got to have a few gems lined up. That's how we'll get back on track.

It would be good if we had a RB who can play with the ball, and gets tight on 1-on-1s, Simpson sits off and allows the cross to be delivered - Trippier, Pekarik (Hertha Berlin)

CB is a must - Should have gone all out for Keane in the summer. Jansson from Leeds, Kevin Wimmer (Very unlikely), Cacares could be a punt. Do people really believe Kurt Zouma will want to join Leicester....

CM again is another area that needs recruitment. Ndidi looks a done deal and he sounds promising. - Should have gone all out for Silva back in August. James McCarthy is a good shout. Gylfi Sigurdsson would be class

We certainly need 1/2 CBs and 2 CMs with one being a creative midfielder.

Be realistic with who you think we are capable of signing. There is no chance we will be signing the likes of Zouma, Martinez or Sule

On 30 November 2016 at 21:12, Lcfcrory said:

CB:Keane/Zouma/Toprak/Sule/Sakho/

Kolodziejczak/Tah

CM: Allan/N'zonzi/Danilo Pereira/William Carvalho/Schneiderlain/Guilavoigui/keita/Coquelin/Bender/Camacho/Adrien Silva/Mousa Dembele/Goretzka

think any of them would do

No chance of Zouma, Toprak, Sule. Keane also very unlikely

No chance of Allan, N'zonzi, Pereira, Keita, Coquelin, Bender, Dembele

They would be class, but I just don't see it

1 hour ago, OllieLodge96 said:

It would be good if we had a RB who can play with the ball, and gets tight on 1-on-1s, Simpson sits off and allows the cross to be delivered - Trippier, Pekarik (Hertha Berlin)

CB is a must - Should have gone all out for Keane in the summer. Jansson from Leeds, Kevin Wimmer (Very unlikely), Cacares could be a punt. Do people really believe Kurt Zouma will want to join Leicester....

CM again is another area that needs recruitment. Ndidi looks a done deal and he sounds promising. - Should have gone all out for Silva back in August. James McCarthy is a good shout. Gylfi Sigurdsson would be class

We certainly need 1/2 CBs and 2 CMs with one being a creative midfielder.

Be realistic with who you think we are capable of signing. There is no chance we will be signing the likes of Zouma, Martinez or Sule

Heard rumours conte was looking to shift him in the summer, add to that they went in for kouabaly and the young lad for ac Milan whilst signing Luiz I wouldn't say it was as unrealistic as you're making out, Granted there'd be decent teams in for him but good old Rudkin could sell sand to an Arab :whistle:.... van Dijk on the other hand is definitely a pipe dream we have zero chance of signing

Caceres would be on my list, too. Currently keeping fit with a personal trainer in his native Uruguay, in Montevideo:

http://www.tenfield.com.uy/exclusivo-martin-caceres-celeste-cueste-lo-que-cueste-seguro-pero-seguro-vuelvo-en-marzo-ante-brasil/

However, my guess is he's off to a "bigger" club, either in England, Spain or Italy (two bigger Italian clubs, one of them surely AS Roma, and two further Spanish clubs are mentioned in the article above).

It would be quite the coup to secure his services, but I don't see the likelihood as given.

Still think Felipe Santana could do a job, as would Yohan Tavares.

And weren't we linked with Kevin Constant before? Left-back is an area we could use some back-up.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Caceres would be on my list, too. Currently keeping fit with a personal trainer in his native Uruguay, in Montevideo:

http://www.tenfield.com.uy/exclusivo-martin-caceres-celeste-cueste-lo-que-cueste-seguro-pero-seguro-vuelvo-en-marzo-ante-brasil/

However, my guess is he's off to a "BIGGER"club, either in England, Spain or Italy (two bigger Italian clubs, one of them surely AS Roma, and two further Spanish clubs are mentioned in the article above).

It would be quite the coup to secure his services, but I don't see the likelihood as given.

Still think Felipe Santana could do a job, as would Yohan Tavares.

And weren't we linked with Kevin Constant before? Left-back is an area we could use some back-up.

Spurs it is then! 

Think we will struggle to attract the same quality we could of in summer.

id like Ndidi, Schneiderlin on loan and a cb but really don't see Keane joining us, id personally go for sakho from Liverpool, again on loan

Guest CityFan 06

I've said it previously before, I do not feel our squad needs wholesale signings because bar a Kante replacement in the summer I was content with our transfer work, which, I may be alone in saying. So for me it's a matter of just a few key positions that need strengthening, which would potentially make a real difference to the squad. I'm unsure of how much transfer business we will do in January, but in the summer the club will probably reassess the squad anyway to see what stage it is at, and to see who we should buy. I'm hopeful with the arrival of Marcia he might find us a few quality players because I feel he has an eye for talent.

Creative Midfielder - If we sign Ndidi, that gives us him, Amartey and Mendy who are all defensive based midfielders, which is fine but I feel we could do with an additional creative, attacking minded midfielder. I do think however, if utilised, King could be effective in the CAM role because he's a good finisher and can get forward well. A Sigurdsson type player would be ideal.

CDM - At the moment, we have Amartey and Mendy who are CDM's, and King, James and Drinkwater who are CM's. There's a few good options there, but having looked at Ndidi and his stats at just 19 years old, I think he could be a very shrewd signing. He looks very good for his age. Also, if the deal fits, Schneiderlein would be ideal.  

CB - I feel we could do with another CB, as we have Morgan, Huth, Wasilewski, Hernandez and possibly Benalouane. Now, there's a fair few options there, but being as Benalouane doesn't feature for us, and we're unsure of Wasilewski's plans, a new CB or two would be good.

Two CM's and one CB desperately needed.

Would love to spend big on some real quality such as Schneiderlin (reaching...) or at least go into the Loan market and get a top player or two, who is not getting enough football at one of the big clubs.

I think Morgan and Huth need a wake-up call and we need to go out and sign a top CB from Europe, who will come to start and break up this failing partnership. Initially, I wanted to have a young, top talent coming in, who could play a handful of games in preparation for next season, but the more I see of Huth and Morgan, the more I think we need to have someone ready to be a starter CB now.

In midfield, I think King has done as well as he can and we all know he can, which hasn't been enough and unfortunately, Amartey hasn't made the huge step up, we really needed him to. Also, with a big question mark still over Mendy, we have to go out and sign two CM's in this window. Andre SIlva is still the obvious top choice for us, but we then need a top defensive midfielder too as the 4-4-2 is failing badly, and we must move to a 3 man in the centre. 

Other than those 3 key signings, if we can add a RB, then that would be a great window for us. This could be one of the most important windows for us, and especially Claudio, as we have to do something to stop this becoming a disaster. All the players have had more than enough opportunities to put it right and they aren't even putting half decent performances in or showing any glimpses of recovering this downward spiral, so recruitment of fresh faces, could be our only hope and hopefully Claudio knows that.

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not had the best of starts this season but Carl Jenkinson on loan until the end of the season is both realistic and would give Simpson some desperately needed competition.

The guys confidence has been shot to peices, been blamed for poor Arsenal performances and was booed off recently. He's now playing with fear, not sure that would help us. Decent last season though.

Archived