Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

6 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Colley CB for Genk. Better than Acerbi, faster, more physically imposing and is used to linking up well with Ndidi. Southampton have been scouting him as a Van Dijk replacement.

Like the sound of that. Where did you hear that Saints were looking to replace Van Dijk with him?

Guest CityFan 06
7 hours ago, foxes21 said:

We need a player with similar defensive qualities to Albrighton. I know Brady's been mentioned, I think he's a good fit.

We can then rotate between Mahrez/Albrighton and Brady/Gray.

Like the sound of this, we could do with another left sided midfielder, who can cross on his natural foot. At the moment, Fuchs is our only regular option who can cross from the left side, on his natural left foot. If Brady came, we'd have another option similar to Fuchs in that respect. 

Over time I've warmed to the idea of Brady, I feel he would fit us well. 

34 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Like the sound of this, we could do with another left sided midfielder, who can cross on his natural foot. At the moment, Fuchs is our only regular option who can cross from the left side, on his natural left foot. If Brady came, we'd have another option similar to Fuchs in that respect. 

Or we could just play Mahrez down the left and Albrighton on the right. Then neither would have to cut in.

Guest CityFan 06
15 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Or we could just play Mahrez down the left and Albrighton on the right. Then neither would have to cut in.

True. Albrighton on the right wing is something I've advocated for a while. Not sure how effective Mahrez would be on the left, but certainly something to think about. 

7 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

True. Albrighton on the right wing is something I've advocated for a while. Not sure how effective Mahrez would be on the left, but certainly something to think about. 

Even get them to swap over every ten mins. The extra man they put on Mahrez would be lost. We play very predict able football start to mix it up keep teams guessing.

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

I think it'll allow us to give Gray more game time too. Mahrez/Gray playing at the same time will just leave us even more exposed defensively. Both of them need a defensive winger on the opposite flank.

Guest CityFan 06

Let's say we need a CB, wide man, CDM and CAM in January. I'd be looking at these sort of deals if they would work for both parties:

Chris Smalling - Would be an excellent signing at CB, proven at this level and not being played much at Man Utd. 

Memphis Depay / Anthony Martial - Apparently both could be on their way out, we're in for a winger so maybe we could look at either of these two? I'd be very happy with either to be honest, very good players. I can see us looking at Martial more than Depay as Ranieri has coached with Martial at Monaco I believe.

Robbie Brady - Naturally left footed midfielder who can operate on the left wing. We could do with another player of that ilk, especially if Schlupp is moving on in January. We've all seen the crossing ability of Fuchs on that left flank, Brady could add to that in a similar style. Brady would fit our system, hard working player but enough quality to do a job for us. 

Bojan - Could be moving on from Stoke, quality player. Affordable and proven in the Premier League. If we are signing Ndidi that gives us 3 CDM's (Ndidi, Amartey and Mendy) and 3 CM's (Drinkwater, James and King). This outlines the CAM area, which we are lacking in at the moment. We need a creative type player to add to our midfield ranks.

16 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Let's say we need a CB, wide man, CDM and CAM in January. I'd be looking at these sort of deals if they would work for both parties:

Chris Smalling - Would be an excellent signing at CB, proven at this level and not being played much at Man Utd.

Memphis Depay / Anthony Martial - Apparently both could be on their way out, we're in for a winger so maybe we could look at either of these two? I'd be very happy with either to be honest, very good players. I can see us looking at Martial more than Depay as Ranieri has coached with Martial at Monaco I believe.

Robbie Brady - Naturally left footed midfielder who can operate on the left wing. We could do with another player of that ilk, especially if Schlupp is moving on in January. We've all seen the crossing ability of Fuchs on that left flank, Brady could add to that in a similar style. Brady would fit our system, hard working player but enough quality to do a job for us.

Bojan - Could be moving on from Stoke, quality player. Affordable and proven in the Premier League. If we are signing Ndidi that gives us 3 CDM's (Ndidi, Amartey and Mendy) and 3 CM's (Drinkwater, James and King). This outlines the CAM area, which we are lacking in at the moment. We need a creative type player to add to our midfield ranks.

Martial? Yeah I'm sure that is going to happen..........

19 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

It's a good job we've got 150m lying about.

16 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Literally there is zero chance of any of these players being at City at the end of January.  Well except Brady and he's pretty pap.

Archived