Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

FC Porto (a) 5-0 loss post-match thread

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd genuinely like to see Morgan dropped.

Walking off the pitch without even looking at us was ****ing outrageous. Who does he think he is?

Plus he played dog turd and has for weeks. 

However Claudio has dug himself a hole with not keeping benny involved so he is at least match fit 

Poor team performance but made worse by a couple of completely awful performances. Schlupp and Musa just were so bad. Others were out of their depth and thrown into a game they were not prepared for yet, Gray and Chilwell.

I actually thought Mendy showed some promising signs and I'll look forward to seeing him return to the team for the relugation battle ahead!

Well, Ranieri started the game with the players that the local fanboys have been asking for for months. What happened at the end? a historical defeat. Of course, the said fanboys wouldn't recognize that they know $hit when it comes to football. 

13 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Well, Ranieri started the game with the players that the local fanboys have been asking for for months. What happened at the end? a historical defeat. Of course, the said fanboys wouldn't recognize that they know $hit when it comes to football. 

Even if there is some truth in your post, your phrasing lacks somewhat class.

19 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Tbf I don't think anyone has ever even considered asking for schlupp at right wing.

4 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

I feel sorry for the fans who travelled to Porto for that.  Maybe the club could refund the tickets?

Never going to happen though is it or the players should stump up for it.

What it did so was spoil a nice day out in a beautiful city. A turd of a night it was.

Sending out a reserve side when fans have paid hundreds to travel and support the team. Thank you.

we've gone from the team that people were rooting for and everyone was inspired by last season to pretty much a laughing stock and everyone is left wondering and scratching their heads how we can be so bad this season. it cannot be just because one player left it must run so much deeper

4 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

we've gone from the team that people were rooting for and everyone was inspired by last season to pretty much a laughing stock and everyone is left wondering and scratching their heads how we can be so bad this season. it cannot be just because one player left it must run so much deeper

I see what you are saying but it must be the main reason, specially when the midfield has not been beefed up/upgraded.

2 hours ago, MattCan said:

By that logic, Ranieri knows shit about football too. 

Why snap at other fans in this case though? Nobody has singled out Mahrez in this thread. 

5 hours ago, shiv said:

I hate this whole "it was our B team" nonsense. I'd say Hamer, Wasyl, Chilwell and Ulloa were our only "B Team" players in our starting XI. The rest have been pushing for starts/coming off the bench. Wouldn't class them as B Team.

Anyway, regardless, that was shambolic. Bring on City on Saturday :(

Hernandez is fringe at best as is grey as is musa,  schlupp shouldn't still be at th club and Mendy hasn't kicked a ball since September, even Shinji has been in and out all season. Blatantly nothing approaching our first team.

we certainly need a young but experienced dynamic defender that can either partner Huth or Morgan. one experienced and one mobile enough to do the donkey work. two aging defenders playing week in week out is just not working for us.sad to say but time and the years have caught up with Huth and Morgan and at best they have maybe two years left and we need to build for that

16 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hernandez is fringe at best as is grey as is musa,  schlupp shouldn't still be at th club and Mendy hasn't kicked a ball since September, even Shinji has been in and out all season. Blatantly nothing approaching our first team.

Hernandez has been 1st choice in the CL, Schlupp didn't get sold because Ranieri saw him in his plans and Mendy/Musa cost over £30M combined. And Shinji? Come on mate he's been a regular for a few weeks now lol 

Just now, shiv said:

Hernandez has been 1st choice in the CL, Schlupp didn't get sold because Ranieri saw him in his plans and Mendy/Musa cost over £30M combined. And Shinji? Come on mate he's been a regular for a few weeks now lol 

I said even shinji has been in and out obviously I appreciate in recent weeks he's been in getting more pitch time. 

You know full well danny Simpson is first choice rightback, schlupp hardly ever starts, Mendy clearly going to be off the pace as he ain't kicked a ball for months, musa's price tag is irrelevant he again rarely starts.

Ranieri has even come out and stated he fielded a team full of players who are not getting frequent starts and they failed to take their chance. 

29 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I said even shinji has been in and out obviously I appreciate in recent weeks he's been in getting more pitch time. 

You know full well danny Simpson is first choice rightback, schlupp hardly ever starts, Mendy clearly going to be off the pace as he ain't kicked a ball for months, musa's price tag is irrelevant he again rarely starts.

Ranieri has even come out and stated he fielded a team full of players who are not getting frequent starts and they failed to take their chance. 

No I get that, but the point I was making is that these guys aren't "B Team" players. People making it sound like we fielded a bunch of kids with no experience. When in reality they were all players who are part of the first team squad who have been pushing for starts all year round. 

6 minutes ago, shiv said:

No I get that, but the point I was making is that these guys aren't "B Team" players. People making it sound like we fielded a bunch of kids with no experience. When in reality they were all players who are part of the first team squad who have been pushing for starts all year round. 

100% correct.

If we fielded a bunch of kids then you could argue that a 5 nil defeat would be justified. The players that were on the pitch  have been pushing for starting places or have sporadically started games i.e. Musa (who also cost a fortune).

You can forgive Mendy for being off the pace as he's been out for so long but lets face it, I think out of the current crop of CM's at the club, you would say they are the number one pairing.

Okazaki is a player that usually makes us look a lot better.

The players on the pitch were more than capable of putting up a better fight than they did. Key word there is 'fight.' Sadly they didn't show any at all.

31 minutes ago, shiv said:

Granted but they aren't good enough are they? Obviously if you weaken every area of the pitch with players who on a normal week would probably be on the bench/literally just come back from injury it has a cumulative affect as oppose to when one or two are coming in around the likes of vardy mahrez slimani Fuchs etc.

I think the players already mentioned are the ones that were completely out their depth though, seems clear chilwell not ready for a game like that, and much as I love him think Marcin really needs to call it a day in June.

4 hours ago, shen said:

By that logic, Ranieri knows shit about football too. 

Why snap at other fans in this case though? Nobody has singled out Mahrez in this thread. 

No, Ranieri had his reasons, which are kinda obvious. The reason of your reaction to my post is obvious as well. You see, I say it like it is. I'm not here to win popularity contests.

Archived