Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

FC Porto (a) 5-0 loss post-match thread

1 minute ago, Chown said:

Just out of interest, considering the negative nature of this mental thread (mental because we actually won the league and our champions league group), what were fans expecting this year? I wanted last 16 champions league (accomplished) and premier league top half (not final of course and not looking great but possible.) Jokes/vitriol aside, what are people expecting now?

Relegation! 

30 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think the club should send a formal apology to FC Copenhagen.

Thought I'd have a look at their forum...

"When the disappointment has settled over to Leicester on so abject certain pulled his trousers down, smeared themselves with Vaseline and bent forward in their struggle against Porto, we can rejoice that we are seeded in the Europa League."

lol

13 minutes ago, Chown said:

Just out of interest, considering the negative nature of this mental thread (mental because we actually won the league and our champions league group), what were fans expecting this year? I wanted last 16 champions league (accomplished) and premier league top half (not final of course and not looking great but possible.) Jokes/vitriol aside, what are people expecting now?

giphy.gif

When will people finally let go of last season's title and realize this current team has little to nothing in common with our starting XI that lifted the trophy last May?

Spirit, workrate, effort, passing, precision, tenacity, unity, ... All elements that made us so successful have pretty much completely evaporated in the matter of a few months. Our players look jaded, lacklustre, sloppy, slow, unfocused, disinterested, phlegmatic and a portion of them more apt at chasing after off-field media commitments and Social Media shenanigans than concentrating on their bread and butter.

If you can't see how poorly we fared tonight (as a continuation of our league form) and accept the fact that, apart from the opening Bruges away game, we've been rather terrible and/or lucky in the Champions League (and that in a relatively "easy" group), I salute you for your ignorance. Which one could label equally mental.

I can't believe how bad Chilwell was. I honestly thought he would be a shining light tonight and show us why Liverpool were so keen on him and Huddersfield fan's declared him one of their best ever players. He was the worst player on the pitch, and that took some doing tonight!

Should be nowhere near the first team, if that is what we can expect again. Hopefully, tonight will be a huge lesson for him and he can work on all areas of his game. He has youth on his side. Schlupp can leave with my blessings though! 

14 minutes ago, Chown said:

k.

Where do we even start with that and everything that's going on? I think we need a months ban from every social media outlet to see what happens as it can't get much worse can it and if it does I can't take reading it.

I cannot think of one player other than Barnes when he came on who can come out with any credit there. It was grotesque.

I would be very surprised if we see Schlupp in the first team ever again, barring a freakish number of injuries. Granted, Porto actually played well, but that was just about the single worst performance in a City shirt I've seen in a long while. And I used to really like Schlupp too! Ulloa can go as well. Musa was atrocious again and will be back to "not ready for PL football"® once more. Mendy showed he's not the answer in a 4-4-2 yet. Drinkwater showed a little quality but another brain fart with the penalty.

Gray tried and failed, on every single occasion. Chilwell tried but showed he's far from pushing Fuchs for a place. Morgan continued his best season 14-15 impression. Hamer who? Why did he even play? Seriously, Hernandez is not a right back and Okazaki, our one remote threat lately, will be knackered after playing 90 today.

I haven't seen pre-match team news, but I feel for James. If anyone deserved a cameo in a dead rubber, it was him. Sad he wasn't in the squad.

11 minutes ago, shen said:

I would be very surprised if we see Schlupp in the first team ever again, barring a freakish number of injuries. Granted, Porto actually played well, but that was just about the single worst performance in a City shirt I've seen in a long while. And I used to really like Schlupp too! Ulloa can go as well. Musa was atrocious again and will be back to "not ready for PL football"® once more. Mendy showed he's not the answer in a 4-4-2 yet. Drinkwater showed a little quality but another brain fart with the penalty.

Gray tried and failed, on every single occasion. Chilwell tried but showed he's far from pushing Fuchs for a place. Morgan continued his best season 14-15 impression. Hamer who? Why did he even play? Seriously, Hernandez is not a right back and Okazaki, our one remote threat lately, will be knackered after playing 90 today.

I haven't seen pre-match team news, but I feel for James. If anyone deserved a cameo in a dead rubber, it was him. Sad he wasn't in the squad.

Well that's one hell of an understatement if I ever read one. Granted having Schlupp in front of him didn't help much, but as far as I can remember 3 maybe 4 from the five goals came from his side and was directly responsible for the fifth. He was litterally the target of their attacks. He's nowhere near of the first team. By a fekking mile.

Don't even know where to start with that. The hardest thing to take was the players not looking like they gave a damn. Just desperately poor. Having seen the owners treatment of Sven I'm not sure Claudio will get much past New Years if this continues. 

After reading all the posts, I almost want to watch, just to see how bad we really were.  

Were / are we as bad as when Holloway got us relegated, or Taylor got us from top to bottom and we conceded 9 and scored none in our first two games, and we finished bottom behind Derby?  

I've seen some poor Leicester teams in my time and this is not up there in terms of dross we've been served (Levein, Bassett, Megson FFS).  Then again, maybe it is.  The thing we have now that we didn't have then, is hope.  Hope that this team of champions can prove their worth and can turn it around.  We don't have a De Vries, Josh Low or Junior Effing Lewis in the squad, we actually have some good players.  I know we have to tuck in, get behind them and at best, shoot for top 10.  I think that's achievable, so let's keep the faith.

I'll get my coat now :) 

31 minutes ago, shen said:

Considering he made the bench the other week, is it possible that Claudio just doesn't rate him? He's surely fit.

5 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

After reading all the posts, I almost want to watch, just to see how bad we really were.  

Were / are we as bad as when Holloway got us relegated, or Taylor got us from top to bottom and we conceded 9 and scored none in our first two games, and we finished bottom behind Derby? 

Weird question. You're asking if a team that got beaten in the CL is worse than a team that got relegated from the 2nd division?

Only players I thought played to a decent enough standard were Gray, Ulloa and Albrighton.

Anyone know how Barnes did when he came on, I saw him make a nice tackle and try to make a counter attack at around the 85th minute but wasn't focusing on the game at that point.

Schlupp, liked him before this season, didn't want him to leave but he can get out of the club now. If one player summed up our first half today it was Schlupp. No effort, no product, no intelligence. I remember one point when he was able to start a counter attack with Gray running down the right wing. He didn't try and pass so I thought ok use your pace to get up the pitch and put a cross in. HE BLOODY WALKS UP TO THE SIDE OF THE PITCH AND LOSES THE BALL.

My biggest gripe though is with Ranieri, how on earth does he fail to motivate the second string team which are playing, and making their debuts, in the biggest competition in the world. It was so obvious in the first half the players didn't give a shit.

I don't believe we should fire Ranieri, on the condition that he recognises now that he needs to re-think the system, his transfer strategy and probably a few other fundamentals. The board should be demanding coherent answers from him, because obviously it'd be wrong to give up the future in the name of the past, which is the road we're going down.

That goes for players too. We should be no more ashamed of wanting Ranieri gone that we should be wanting Mahrez, Morgan or Vardy sold (all are legends, surely?), but clearly something's got to give. It might be morally wrong to do it but the alternative could be far more horrible. That's not to say that the time is now because I don't think it is, but it will come - soon - unless things get better.

Tonight was something else, it really was. It proved that the malaise isn't a matter of this guy or that guy, it's a squad-wide sense of apathy and disillusion, and it may well - incredibly - indicate that the dressing room has been lost. Why? god knows. Post-fairytale blues isn't a good enough explanation on its own. Maybe it's the expensive and mostly awful transfer policy that's to blame, or a lack of sensible solutions on the tactical front. Perhaps there have been a lot of raised eyebrows in the dressing room this year - it's not hard to imagine. 

But there's no excuse for tonight. Or Saturday. Or the game before that, while we're at it. I've got an awful feeling that who we get rid of is about to become as important as who we bring in. And it's not going to be easy, not unless you sell people on the cheap / agree to subsidise wages for the contract duration.

And no, this isn't a recently promoted side playing, for the most part, quite well, but still narrowly losing all the time. These are Champions who are performing as awfully as any Champions have ever performed. Expectations have to adjust to reality. We can't expect to replicate our title triumph but neither can we expect to replicate the 'Great Escape'. It has to get better soon.

48 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Well that's one hell of an understatement if I ever read one. Granted having Schlupp in front of him didn't help much, but as far as I can remember 3 maybe 4 from the five goals came from his side and was directly responsible for the fifth. He was litterally the target of their attacks. He's nowhere near of the first team. By a fekking mile.

I agree. I didn't realise until tonight that, if you want two competent players for each position, then we need eight or nine new players. Including a new left back. How depressing.

Well heads up from me and my mrs city fans in with the Porto fans just below city fans. 1) complete dog shite from city with only mendy and drinks coming out with a bit of credit considering the dross surrounding them. 2) Wes, waz look like they are both 40 3) chilwell hopelessly outclassed as was Hernandez. 4) Keeper rabbit in the headlights, grey, musa dross Oka not much but a bit better. Albrighton at least tried and looked ok considering when he came on. Porto fans class sung all night both ends of the ground. Took this piss out of us. Our fans sang a bit but wtf can you do when getting slaughtered!

our hotel is full of city fans but all agree total embarrassment and last season was just a mirage. 

Archived