Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

FC Porto (a) 5-0 loss post-match thread

47 minutes ago, Monk said:

Don't even know where to start with that. The hardest thing to take was the players not looking like they gave a damn. Just desperately poor. Having seen the owners treatment of Sven I'm not sure Claudio will get much past New Years if this continues. 

I'm not sure. They stuck with Pearson through four months of being bottom, and of course Sven didn't win the title and qualification from the Champions' League group stages.

That said, we are now Champions. And, unlike a couple of years ago, we look seriously uninterested - throughout the whole squad - in playing for the manager. 

3 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Barnes don't hold your breath their gave it away 3  times first 3 touches nearly leading to goals. It was totally depressing!

Tbf must have been hard for him to have to get up to speed in a game in which the rest of the team where playing poorly in. Would like to see him again in the cup against Everton.

10 minutes ago, Burmesefox said:

Steve Walsh. There's your answer. 

steve walsh.... the guy who got Amartey in? musa?

Slim is ok...but for 30 million we could have got Deeney who is English and would put some of these soft touches to shame. Deeney wouldn't walk off the pitch without clapping the travelling support. Some of these players are a disgrace

6 minutes ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Slim is ok...but for 30 million we could have got Deeney who is English and would put some of these soft touches to shame. Deeney wouldn't walk off the pitch without clapping the travelling support. Some of these players are a disgrace

It's interesting that transfer targets which came around when it was Walsh+Pearson were so much better than those which came around when it was Walsh+Ranieri.

That's not an anti-Ranieri or a pro-Pearson argument, by the way, just an observation that one combination seemed to work better in the market than the other.

14 minutes ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

We did try didn't we, with multiple increasing bids? I don't think Watford even wanted to sell so that's a non starter really, couldn't have got him in... same with Keane

Don't worry

a certain percentage of our away support sing every game that goes unnoticed

every away game and if you don't then don't worry about ir

remember Chelsea and Tottenham and fooking hell sing or wait for something to happen on the pitch but some of us sing regardless so sing or fook off

Come off it lads really lol

i mean our domestic form is a shambles but let's not make out tonight was anything it wasn't. Leicester city B in a city where much better defending champions than us have come and lost.

Squad had the chance and didn't take it, half you lot wanted the likes of Hamer Grey and Mendy playing as it couldn't "be any worse"

Hopefully a few lessons learnt tonight for fans and management 

46 minutes ago, awaydays said:

Don't worry

a certain percentage of our away support sing every game that goes unnoticed

every away game and if you don't then don't worry about ir

remember Chelsea and Tottenham and fooking hell sing or wait for something to happen on the pitch but some of us sing regardless so sing or fook off

Good input pal

WHAT A DISGRACE, even a pub side would have played better than that. some one on here said that there must be a rift in the team, dressing room well I think it is there for all too see, something is terrible wrong. some players need to be shown the door and here's a couple.

1) chillwell is the worst fullback I think I have ever seen, he was like a turnstile all night and has no ball skill at all.

2) hernadez is not much better than chillwell.

3) mendy I thought he was playing for us, but all his passes went to porto players, he is no kanta, players in the English 3rd div better than him.

4 musa they said he had pace and great control my grand mother has better pace and more control than him.

5) gray he might be a great attacking weapon in the making but his defence and man marking is non existence. 

6) the boss  iam all for giving him support but when u turn a side out like that it shows that the players have lost all respect for u, and iam sorry but its time to go.

well who ever we get in the next round must be rubbing the hands together knowing that they have a clear run to the next round.

if the boss stays and we don't buy at least 10 players ( lol) in the next window we will be playing in the championship next season as sure as night follows day.

THE ONE RAY OF LIGHT WAS ULLOA, he was great showed fight and how to hold onto the ball, great effort.  

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I know tonight was meaningless but there was just not effort from anybody even the manager I'm afraid, not fair on the supporters that travelled. You don't mind losing 0-2 or 0-3 provided your team's had a go. I can understand why changes were made but it was like a reserve team being sent! bringing on a young lad for his debut when we we're already 0-4 down was bizarre, what can that poor lad learn from that. Felt sorry for Hamer aswell he's miles better than the german goalkeeper just unfortunate he was put in a game where the team consisted of a few reserves and fringe players. I seriously think the club should consider refunding the fans that travelled or offer them something. Not right they paid all that money to watch Leicester youth. This is not going to do any favours for Claudio, the owners will not be impressed.   

Ranieri was right to put in the fringe players.For that he was not at Fault..!!!

Again his players let him down...Fearless has left the club, and players..

Thailand are in the Final of the Suzuki South East Asia Cup.  Get some of their team over here supplemented by a couple of monks in holding midfield roles.  That should do it.

Well at least we have clarity. We already knew that the first team are shit, and now we know that the second team are as well. Kinda makes sense I suppose.

There seems to be a common theme of shitness running through both, with players unable to find each other. Suggests coaching/tactical problems. I'm not sure Claudio has what it takes to bring us out of this tailspin.

There's always hope I suppose, but I'm having difficulty identifying any reasons for optimism.

I really do feel sorry for the fans who travelled all that way. I know it was the C team, but the lack of interest and desire was seriously disgraceful. To be hammered 3 or 4 times already this season is seriously worrying, I really am starting to question whether something is going on behind the scenes. Something just isn't right, these aren't the players we know and love at all, they are a shadow of last season. It is seriously worrying. 

Right now we look like Pompey after they had won the FA cup. Relegation this season would be devastating for us, our overheads would be sky high and we would be penalised heavily by FFP. The better players would leave and the ones left from the champ season 2 years ago will be reaching the end of their careers. Claudio needs to do something quickly.

Unprofessionalism is disgusting in all career paths but to be paid millions of pounds a year and still show such lack of desire, is really just quite emberrassing. 

I'm normally positive. But today I am really quite embarrased by our title defence and some of our displays.

5 hours ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Steve Walsh is a fantastic coach and is great at man managing the players. We seriously miss his input. Him and Pearson demanded 100% all of the time and kept players minds in the right place. The management of Albrighton for example, patient with him, supported him out of the lime light and then reintroduced him slowly. 

We just look like were clutching at straws right now and some of hardest workers have turned into billy big balls who think their entitled. 

5 hours ago, inckley fox said:

It's interesting that transfer targets which came around when it was Walsh+Pearson were so much better than those which came around when it was Walsh+Ranieri.

That's not an anti-Ranieri or a pro-Pearson argument, by the way, just an observation that one combination seemed to work better in the market than the other.

It's also not true. You're cherry picking the best of Walsh-Pearson and focussing on the worst of Walsh-Ranieri.

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

In other shock news this morning - Leicester City's 3rd team consisting mainly of kids and surplus squad players aren't ready to play in the Champions League.

Except the centre mid which was our 1st choice pair and up front with Shinji and our expensive signing Musa 

Archived