Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

FC Porto (a) 5-0 loss post-match thread

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

In other shock news this morning - Leicester City's 3rd team consisting mainly of kids and surplus squad players aren't ready to play in the Champions League.

This isn't the point. Losing breeds nagativity and negativity leads to loss of morale. It really is becoming a rut now. I'm talking about all season, not just last night. 

4 hours ago, bpfox said:

WHAT A DISGRACE, even a pub side would have played better than that. some one on here said that there must be a rift in the team, dressing room well I think it is there for all too see, something is terrible wrong. some players need to be shown the door and here's a couple.

1) chillwell is the worst fullback I think I have ever seen, he was like a turnstile all night and has no ball skill at all.

2) hernadez is not much better than chillwell.

3) mendy I thought he was playing for us, but all his passes went to porto players, he is no kanta, players in the English 3rd div better than him.

4 musa they said he had pace and great control my grand mother has better pace and more control than him.

5) gray he might be a great attacking weapon in the making but his defence and man marking is non existence. 

6) the boss  iam all for giving him support but when u turn a side out like that it shows that the players have lost all respect for u, and iam sorry but its time to go.

well who ever we get in the next round must be rubbing the hands together knowing that they have a clear run to the next round.

if the boss stays and we don't buy at least 10 players ( lol) in the next window we will be playing in the championship next season as sure as night follows day.

THE ONE RAY OF LIGHT WAS ULLOA, he was great showed fight and how to hold onto the ball, great effort.  

Hi Leo. I think you should've scored that one that hit the crossbar. 

12 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Except the centre mid which was our 1st choice pair and up front with Shinji and our expensive signing Musa 

11 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

This isn't the point. Losing breeds nagativity and negativity leads to loss of morale. It really is becoming a rut now. I'm talking about all season, not just last night. 

7 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Can anyone give me an honest assessment of Barnes? Any potential there?

Can't say much about him. He came in at an awful time. The few of what I saw is positive, considering the situation.

1 hour ago, foxhateram said:

Steve Walsh is a fantastic coach and is great at man managing the players. We seriously miss his input. Him and Pearson demanded 100% all of the time and kept players minds in the right place. The management of Albrighton for example, patient with him, supported him out of the lime light and then reintroduced him slowly. 

We just look like were clutching at straws right now and some of hardest workers have turned into billy big balls who think their entitled. 

lol

Unless you have some inside info that is opposite of what I've heard, that's probably not a good example.

We were able to do that due to earlier good performances. Some of the finishing from Porto was excellent. We owe Copenhagen nothing either, they couldn't beat Porto at home.

Thing I am most worried about is the 10 changes still meant we played our best CM pairing, our up and coming LBack, our best striker currently and a guy who cost £16m. It may have been a second string but should have been capable of much better.

We are currently showing a terrible defence and terrible attack. It's a horrible combination.

1 hour ago, foxhateram said:

Steve Walsh is a fantastic coach and is great at man managing the players. We seriously miss his input. Him and Pearson demanded 100% all of the time and kept players minds in the right place. The management of Albrighton for example, patient with him, supported him out of the lime light and then reintroduced him slowly. 

We just look like were clutching at straws right now and some of hardest workers have turned into billy big balls who think their entitled. 

Hahahahahaaaaa perhaps they should have actually explained that to Albrighton then, as him and his missus were livid with the way he was being treated, so much so she was celebrating on Twitter when Pearson was sacked/re-instated. 

Pearson and his staff usually got it spot on with their man management and the selection of players but they were way too slow to find the right system for us that season and to give Albrighton a run of games.

9 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Considering he made the bench the other week, is it possible that Claudio just doesn't rate him? He's surely fit.

All the people calling for Matty James do none of you really know he wasn't eligible to play because he wasn't named in our European squad, details of which have to be faxed to uefa before the competition begins.  L

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Come off it lads really lol

i mean our domestic form is a shambles but let's not make out tonight was anything it wasn't. Leicester city B in a city where much better defending champions than us have come and lost.

Squad had the chance and didn't take it, half you lot wanted the likes of Hamer Grey and Mendy playing as it couldn't "be any worse"

Hopefully a few lessons learnt tonight for fans and management 

We didn't just lose, we got absolutely humiliated by a seriously average Porto team. I honestly don't think the first team would've come at all close to a result either. Morgan, Drinkwater and Okazaki were poor. 

What's more concerning is how they didn't take their chance, and the current first team who are absolutely woeful don't have an ounce of competition.

I hate this whole "it was our B team" nonsense. I'd say Hamer, Wasyl, Chilwell and Ulloa were our only "B Team" players in our starting XI. The rest have been pushing for starts/coming off the bench. Wouldn't class them as B Team.

Anyway, regardless, that was shambolic. Bring on City on Saturday :(

9 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

We didn't just lose, we got absolutely humiliated by a seriously average Porto team. I honestly don't think the first team would've come at all close to a result either. Morgan, Drinkwater and Okazaki were poor. 

What's more concerning is how they didn't take their chance, and the current first team who are absolutely woeful don't have an ounce of competition.

Porto were good, not average. They were up for it yesterday and combining it with our 'performance' resulted in a tonking. The Corona and Brahimi goals? Just lovely, even if it was all too easy.

I can't be as dismissive as some towards last nights result. Maybe I'm just bitter because I made the decision to go Copenhagen & Porto rather than Brugge :whistle:  

For me there are deeper issues than Claudio making 6/7 changes and us losing to a team that needed the three points. We simply aren't playing well and we haven't been all season. We look so rigid with 4-4-2 with our midfield almost holding hands with the back 4 at times. As for our creativity, well it's non existent.

My fear is that the wider fan base dismiss this result based on the fact we made changes, but I think that's missing the point because the players that came in showed exactly the same performance as what the regular starters do, which to me points to the tactics/training/coaching. 

I dont want Claudio sacked, I don't want Pearson back and I certainly don't expect my money back for last night. I just want some highly remunerated people to take ownership for their actions, from the manager down. 

I really don't mind us losing, what bother me the most is I paid hundreds of £ to see my team played, making all the effort and seeing 90 minutes of shite, players at least put the effort in and for our captain to walk straight down the tunnel and not a knowledge the fans at the end is absolutely disgusting. Him and wasyl disgraceful!

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Can anyone help me out? What was the music that Porto played when they scored?

About the only funny thing about the game was copying it when we won a corner.

The song's called this girl, not sure who it's by though

I have shelled out over a grand to come to watch that performance.  I really cannot remember a more comprehensive defeat.  One corner was it?  One shot (sort of) on target?  The guy next to me suggested that neither keeper made a save all match.  A few changes I expected and would have welcomed, but not that back four.  We are in freefall.

poor performance, poor result and shows we don't have much needed depth in the squad. it was just a shambles and we don't have decent cover in vital positions like defence and midfield. we need to get rid of the dead wood in the squad and buy upgrades. we need more technically gifted players who are comfortable on the ball and show they can make a difference when called upon.

Archived