Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

FC Porto (a) 5-0 loss post-match thread

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I'm absolutely spitting feathers, I am kicking the animals and shouting at the missus for no reason - is this what football can do to you? I am sorry guys I am so angry with this clueless bunch. Every City fan deserves an explanation but we won't get one. The best answer is to put in a performance on Saturday. A performance please - I am not too bothered about the result but let's have the effort and get rid of the #fearless tag it's no longer appropriate. We have more fear than a chicken with a fox in the coop. 

Round my way 'spitting feathers' means thirsty.

Walsh was good.... But let's look at it closely... Mendy seems ok, ....but musa is rubbish not worth 6 million let along 16. Hernandez rubbish. Chigwell should have been sent to Liverpool. Slimani is ok not worth 30 would rather have paid 30 million for deeney.

Amartey is a failure regardless of how old he is.

Walsh wasn't that special

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I'm absolutely spitting feathers, I am kicking the animals and shouting at the missus for no reason - is this what football can do to you? I am sorry guys I am so angry with this clueless bunch. Every City fan deserves an explanation but we won't get one. The best answer is to put in a performance on Saturday. A performance please - I am not too bothered about the result but let's have the effort and get rid of the #fearless tag it's no longer appropriate. We have more fear than a chicken with a fox in the coop. 

Dude, seriously... If watching football makes you hurt innocent and defenceless animals i would consider therapy. No offence

1 minute ago, portofan said:

Hey guys. I wasn't expecting this result, but in the end, both games between Porto and Leicester were fun to watch. I hope you enjoyed Porto as much as I enjoyed Leicester (had never been there) and good luck to the Premier League! I hope you get better and start pushing up the table!

Thank you portofan - it is very much appreciated. I hope this is true too 

2 minutes ago, portofan said:

Hey guys. I wasn't expecting this result, but in the end, both games between Porto and Leicester were fun to watch. I hope you enjoyed Porto as much as I enjoyed Leicester (had never been there) and good luck to the Premier League! I hope you get better and start pushing up the table!

Yeah, about as fun as sticking my balls in a bear trap. 

Fortunately I had a work meeting and missed this shit shower.

i can't speak on the match then but I'll interject with this: teams win through superior talent or superior systems.

Organizations with mediocre talent beat talented organizations all of the time, if their system proved superior.

Coaches and managers are responsible for overseeing talent and systems. I don't think we are devoid of talent, but we're certainly devoid of a system. 

8 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

You shouldn't call your kids animals, but its ok to kick them if it makes you feel better

I've been given a bit of stick for offering a different viewpoint. Yes, I'm not a top fan. I was a season ticket holder in the 90s but now that I live in London I'm only a gold fox member. I was lucky enough to go to Copenhagen but didn't go tonight. Still, as poor as tonight was (I watched the game), I think some of the ire on the team is a bit harsh. Porto are an established Champions League team who had a lot to play for. This was a friendly to us. And, as I said, we WON THE GROUP which is phenomenal.

Did we really turn down 12 million for Schlupp and 10 Million for Chilwell?.  

If this was a result and performance which was a one off then fair enough it would still feel bad but it isn't. It is just synonymous with the general malaise and incompetence which has been offered up for most of this season.

There is so much to fix and I don't think Ranieri can do it.

This was a totally disgraceful performance. Absolutely no professional pride on display at all. 

5 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Fortunately I had a work meeting and missed this shit shower.

i can't speak on the match then but I'll interject with this: teams win through superior talent or superior systems.

Organizations with mediocre talent beat talented organizations all of the time, if their system proved superior.

Coaches and managers are responsible for overseeing talent and systems. I don't think we are devoid of talent, but we're certainly devoid of a system. 

What was the works meeting about? Might be more interesting.

2 minutes ago, Chown said:

I've been given a bit of stick for offering a different viewpoint. Yes, I'm not a top fan. I was a season ticket holder in the 90s but now that I live in London I'm only a gold fox member. I was lucky enough to go to Copenhagen but didn't go tonight. Still, as poor as tonight was (I watched the game), I think some of the ire on the team is a bit harsh. Porto are an established Champions League team who had a lot to play for. This was a friendly to us. And, as I said, we WON THE GROUP which is phenomenal.

Sorry some of these players are the ones that should be pushing for a regular starting place. Not only did they not look very good but they didn't seem to even try. That's the very least I expect. I've seen some right dross supporting Leicester but very few times where the players didn't seem to care. I saw that tonight and I've seen it a few times this season. It isn't acceptable.

When Wasyl gives a half-hearted performance, then something is very wrong if not downward ****ed. Being past prime is one thing, playing like he was forced to do it is another. Whaaaat the **** is going on in that Leicester locker room?

'We didn't show our character'

"I have a clearer idea about my players now," said Ranieri afterwards.

"We wanted to see something different, but it was too easy for Porto. We didn't make them fight to score.

"We can lose, but I want us to show our character and our strength. We didn't do that well enough."

yeah they are all shit

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

That's the way I see it. The players are being accused of a lack of effort, this may be true to an extent but 18 months in and they also look completely at odds with what they're being asked to do.

I don't see Claudio changing anything and sadly at the moment only see this going one way.

Archived