Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

FC Porto (a) 5-0 loss post-match thread

Just got out and back to hotel. Bit of a nightmare getting in..we were segregated outside for a while before they let us in, with inevitable pushing and panic.

The stadium is fabulous and fair play their fans sang throughout.

Knew we d be beaten but shocked at how atrocious we were. Schlupp and Chilwell were getting killed down our left side. Hamer was terrible, Morgan, Musa and Mendy all ponderous. Okazaki wasteful with fancy flicks. Can't really think of any positives really other than i d never have thought about going to Porto before and it's a great city.

16 minutes ago, portofan said:

Hey guys. I wasn't expecting this result, but in the end, both games between Porto and Leicester were fun to watch. I hope you enjoyed Porto as much as I enjoyed Leicester (had never been there) and good luck to the Premier League! I hope you get better and start pushing up the table!

Thank you and good luck to Porto

To put the disappointment of this result into words is difficult, to express how frustrating the season is becoming is actually painful but to see the so called Champions of England walking off the field smiling after being drubbed 5 to nothing is close to being unforgivable ... I've loved the City for over 54 years, but this is disrespectful to the loyal band that pay their hard earned cash week in week out (... oh I wish I were paid half as much as some of those 'players') and it regrettably makes me feel embarrassed tonight to be a Leicester fan ... I feel like a mug, or at least feel like I've been mugged!!! Sorry, but I'm hurting and I'm pissed off ... and it's clear the players don't care .... ! ... but I really do!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting times.  Not sure what I can say which will throw any light on this utter meltdown from our team. 

Whatever spirit we had appears to have gone. There is no fight and no confidence. Strange for the league champions. Very strange. 

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Interesting times.  Not sure what I can say which will throw any light on this utter meltdown from our team. 

Whatever spirit we had appears to have gone. There is no fight and no confidence. Strange for the league champions. Very strange. 

It is somewhat identical to Chelsea last season. The players don't seem to want to play for the shirt anymore 

RANIERI POST MATCH COMMENTS:

"We wanted to see something different tonight, but it was too easy for Porto," Ranieri said. "We didn't make them fight to score.

"We can lose, but I want us to show our character and our strength. We didn't do that well enough tonight.

"The result is my fault because I decided to change the team. I don't regret it, but some players missed their chance.

"I'm sad for our fans. They deserved more. I didn't see what I have seen in training on the pitch tonight.

"I have a clearer idea about my players now. We need to focus on the Premier League and change our position."

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

RANIERI POST MATCH COMMENTS:

"We wanted to see something different tonight, but it was too easy for Porto," Ranieri said. "We didn't make them fight to score.

"We can lose, but I want us to show our character and our strength. We didn't do that well enough tonight.

"The result is my fault because I decided to change the team. I don't regret it, but some players missed their chance.

"I'm sad for our fans. They deserved more. I didn't see what I have seen in training on the pitch tonight.

"I have a clearer idea about my players now. We need to focus on the Premier League and change our position."

He has a clearer idea... well hopefully that is to replace them all in January 

Schlupp and Ulloa not leaving in the Summer was worst business we did. Those two were pathetic and should have their wages docked. Mendy struggled but it's understandable, Morgan was poor but not as poor as Was. Hernandez and Chilwell got murdered but what worries me the most... Is even Albrighton looked pissed off the whole time. He worked his nuts off last season and yet looked like he's given up tonight. Gray... well he needs to stay the **** off Twitter and moaning after that. 

Claudio on the other hand... Where is this plan B we heard about in preseason? 

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

As tough as it is to accept,  ranieri has lost the dressing room and the plot... It's clear the player's do not want to play for him... Something has gone on behind the scenes that we perhaps don't know about. 

He really does have to go and quickly! Otherwise he's taking us down to the championship.. No question! 

I know tonight was meaningless but there was just not effort from anybody even the manager I'm afraid, not fair on the supporters that travelled. You don't mind losing 0-2 or 0-3 provided your team's had a go. I can understand why changes were made but it was like a reserve team being sent! bringing on a young lad for his debut when we we're already 0-4 down was bizarre, what can that poor lad learn from that. Felt sorry for Hamer aswell he's miles better than the german goalkeeper just unfortunate he was put in a game where the team consisted of a few reserves and fringe players. I seriously think the club should consider refunding the fans that travelled or offer them something. Not right they paid all that money to watch Leicester youth. This is not going to do any favours for Claudio, the owners will not be impressed.   

Only one player comes out of that with a bit of credit in my opinion and that's Demarai Gray, at least he showed effort when going forward. The rest of the team was a fvcking disgrace.

Hamer - We knew what to expect from him, crap.

Hernandez - Positional wise he is diabolical, he is only useful for throw ins and the odd interception.

Wasyl - He is done, I'd be surprised if he ever plays for us again.

Morgan - All over the place in the second half, one moment in particular where he tried to shield the ball, went backwards then fell over, laughable!

Chilwell - Nowhere near ready, send him out on loan.

Mendy - First game back but I can't see him fitting a two, he played in a three for Nice, think that may suit him best.

Drinkwater - Passing was decent at times, from his body language you can tell that he is frustrated because he has to do most of the work.

Schlupp - One of the worst performances I've seen by a Leicester player.

Musa - Didn't get any service

Okazaki - See Musa 

Was a chance for many players tonight but they embarrassed themselves. They showed the same attitude as our usual starting 11. It seems to me their work is done, we won't replicate anything like last season again and they are happy with their big pay cheques and their fancy new cars.

Not going to let the result spoil having a good time in Porto but that performance was dismal. I can excuse Mendy who wasn't fit, Albrighton who always puts a shift in, and the lad that came on. The rest not. Stop talking about Gray, he has no positional sense and loses the ball too easily. Chilwell got a lesson tonight but had no support in front. Musa I hardly know what to say but we tracked him for a while so he was a Walsh as much as a Ranieri.

Most of all the players didn't support each other, which is worrying. No energy to get into positions to help, and constantly losing opponents. Ah well, however bad it was I've seen us ship seven and this was marginally better.

Just out of interest, considering the negative nature of this mental thread (mental because we actually won the league and our champions league group), what were fans expecting this year? I wanted last 16 champions league (accomplished) and premier league top half (not final of course and not looking great but possible.) Jokes/vitriol aside, what are people expecting now?

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

As tough as it is to accept,  ranieri has lost the dressing room and the plot... It's clear the player's do not want to play for him... Something has gone on behind the scenes that we perhaps don't know about. 

He really does have to go and quickly! Otherwise he's taking us down to the championship.. No question! 

Panicking like this will do us no favours.

We're not in the bottom 3. Whilst we're above the zone, he should keep his job.

After all, Pearson lasted the season and we were bottom for 6 months.

We know this team is capable of a lot more and we know Claudio is capable of a lot more.

I don't want us replacing him with a regressive hoofer who is 'good' in a relegation scrap. I'm not resigned to being the new Sunderland just yet.

There needs to be a huge wake up call somehow, we do need to do something different, maybe even drastic. But not that - it's too soon to sack a manager who's worked a miracle. I won't have it. I won't have his name disgraced this quickly after what he's done.

Grow some balls and sit tight. For the time being at least.

Archived