Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

On 14/01/2017 at 12:58, AmarteyAndChill said:

Sigursson would not cost £15mlol 

Key word being around that price 15,20mill I wouldn't be spend anymore than that not being funny but Ramirez is shite I'd rather spend 15mil on a centre back than another midfielder or a striker 

Umm bit unsure :unsure: of this one?

good player on his day but where does he improve us? Just asking?

were you at the match yesterday because to be fair bobby charlton would have improved us yesterday

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It would be nice to get somebody in who can play in the middle of the park who's got a bit of creativity about their game. Ramirez isn't amazing and a lot of people would turn their nose up at him but it's what we're currently lacking within the squad. If we're not going to get him then atleast get somebody else in the same mould. 

22 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

It would be nice to get somebody in who can play in the middle of the park who's got a bit of creativity about their game. Ramirez isn't amazing and a lot of people would turn their nose up at him but it's what we're currently lacking within the squad. If we're not going to get him then atleast get somebody else in the same mould. 

From what I've read, Ramirez is best suited to a very pacy striker, he suffered at Southampton when Lambert was the main striker. He may well suit Vardy's play. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Why is anyone even discussing this dude anymore when Karanka has said there is "No chance" of him leaving this window. Not happening.

Apparently it's down to the £15m Release Clause in his contract. Originally I thought it was tenous, but I think there may be something in this now.

3 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

There was a Schneiderlin thread even though there was no chance we would sign him.

Mourinho didn't come out and say there is 'No Chance' he is leaving. Was well documented he was for sale and they were open to bids from anyone. 

I thought he was out of our reach too, but at least he was actually for sale. This guy is clearly not considering their manager said as much.

If there is a release clause, then I am surprised Karanka would be so confident in his assertion that he is not leaving.

Quizzed on whether Ramirez has been subject of a bid, Karanka said: "No. I don't know as I've been preparing the game but I don't care as Gaston is our player - so no chance.

"Gaston arrived one year ago, he came over here when he wasn't playing at the time.

"But now he's enjoying it a lot and helping us a lot, so he'll be staying with us."

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Injury prone, inconsistent and lacking versatility, preferring a role we don't often play except defensively? Yeah, why not?

All about opinions mate like I say every time I've seen him play he's looked decent.... I'm sure we've had some1 playing the number 10 role for the majority of the games since Ranieri took over have we not?

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

All about opinions mate like I say every time I've seen him play he's looked decent.... I'm sure we've had some1 playing the number 10 role for the majority of the games since Ranieri took over have we not?

This is exactly what I mean about someone playing their defensively.

It actually predates Ranieri, Nugent used to play there in the championship, pressing their defensive midfield. Nugent's work off the ball was much better than his work with it.

Shinji now plays much the same way.

Gaston Ramirez, much like Riyad Mahrez, isn't going to charge around in that space closing down and defending.

The one or two times Mahrez has played there were the only times we've ever had a number 10 in the conventional, creative sense.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It actually predates Ranieri, Nugent used to play there in the championship, pressing their defensive midfield. Nugent's work off the ball was much better than his work with it.

Gaston Ramirez, much like Riyad Mahrez, isn't going to charge around in that space closing down and defending.

The one or two times Mahrez has played there were the only times we've ever had a number 10 in the conventional, creative sense.

So perhaps we'd be signing him as an attacking option in that position. 4-3-3 when you need to be a bit more solid, 4-2-3-1 when you want to be a bit more attacking. Swapping out a CM for an ACM as you need.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So perhaps we'd be signing him as an attacking option in that position. 4-3-3 when you need to be a bit more solid, 4-2-3-1 when you want to be a bit more attacking. Swapping out a CM for an ACM as you need.

Possible.

I think if we had genuine intentions of playing 433 or 4231, we'd have been trying it already with Riyad.

If we're honest with ourselves, I imagine we'd end up signing Ramirez to just be another winger.

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Unfortunately this is the main reason we look so toothless going forward, if the long ball doesn't work we've got nothing else as 2 of our 4 attacking outlets are only in the team for what they bring to the team defensively, imo were crying out for some creativity in the hole who is actually capable of playing a through ball,  mahrez isn't that answer as he's far more dangerous cutting in from wide areas and looks lost playing centrally 

27 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Unfortunately this is the main reason we look so toothless going forward, if the long ball doesn't work we've got nothing else as 2 of our 4 attacking outlets are only in the team for what they bring to the team defensively, imo were crying out for some creativity in the hole who is actually capable of playing a through ball,  mahrez isn't that answer as he's far more dangerous cutting in from wide areas and looks lost playing centrally 

I don't really disagree with any of that, I'll just personally be amazed if we change much, as stated above.

Archived