Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Don't know why people are slagging him. He could be really decent for us, we achingly need creativity. He's only 26 still and price wise, yeah 15m might sound a lot but we just flogged a literal dead horse to Palace for 12.5m 

Whoever I've seen him play this season he's been very good. Didn't he score a goal by running from his own half past a couple of

players against Bournemouth.

20 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Don't know why people are slagging him. He could be really decent for us, we achingly need creativity. He's only 26 still and price wise, yeah 15m might sound a lot but we just flogged a literal dead horse to Palace for 12.5m 

Exactly. Can't get many players in this day and age who've played 101 games in and around the top flight for that sort of money. I've always rated him, especially at Southampton. 

It's a strange one this. He's never really convinced at Premier League level. But then neither had the vast majority of our squad before the great escape and the title win.

If Claudio brings him in then he has my faith and support. It does seem like a bit of a strange signing for the champions of England to make, though.

6 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

A little underwhelming but we could use the experience and seasoning at this point in the campaign. What a good bit of business for Boro, though. 

Not not that great for Boro really.

Hear its more 12m than 15m, that really does not get you anything these days in this league.

Come on Schlupp went for 12.5m.

Its virtually a swap deal.

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Not not that great for Boro really.

Hear its more 12m than 15m, that really does not get you anything these days in this league.

Come on Schlupp went for 12.5m.

Its virtually a swap deal.

My understanding is that he originally signed for Boro on a free transfer.

Just now, FoxyPalace.com said:

He was a free.

But they still have to replace him, its not going to be easy.

12m is nothing these days.

Pigeon feed.

True - but they did not have that money before he arrived, they've gotten use out of him, and have sent him on for essentially 12m minus the cost of wages. I'd say that's not bad business. They'll have to spend more to replace him, sure - but even if they were to go drop 20m now, that 20m comes at a steep 'discount' 

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

True - but they did not have that money before he arrived, they've gotten use out of him, and have sent him on for essentially 12m minus the cost of wages. I'd say that's not bad business. They'll have to spend more to replace him, sure - but even if they were to go drop 20m now, that 20m comes at a steep 'discount' 

Its a bit like us and Kante.

That was good business £5 million pound player sold for £30 million.

But if you cannot replace him its not that great after all.

Money in the bank is brill but players on the pitch is much better.

I do not want him at all. Rather we spent a bit more (wouldn't need to be that much more, 5-8m) and go and grab someone of real quality. Is this bloke real prem quality? I don't think so. We're going to end up with loads of options with none of them actually being of a quality calibre! 

Go and grab a player to take us to the next level Claudio- not him.

I wouldn't swap Schlupp plus 3m for Ramirez.

Yes we need creativity but we need creativity that's consistent and I'd sooner pay double for that than 15m for someone who isn't going to on bring a lot.

Pizzi from Benfica might be worth looking at. He's in incredible form these days.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Stop writing reasonable posts.  Foxestalk won't like it!!

12 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Its a bit like us and Kante.

That was good business £5 million pound player sold for £30 million.

But if you cannot replace him its not that great after all.

Money in the bank is brill but players on the pitch is much better.

I can understand what you are saying. In the instance of Kante, I thought we paid around 7m?. Sold for 30m? but then we have spent 15m? (Ndidi) and 10m? for Mendy trying to replace him so I see your point. Although admittedly, we may end up with more valuable players than what we paid for Ndidi and Mendy as both are young.

Plus you could argue we could be in the european places for next season in the table if he had stayed. Lots of variables. But Kante wanted out so it is what it is. 

Back to Ramirez, I just can't see us signing him. He's out until the end of the month and the report that was quoted in the mercury from Italy said that we had agreed a deal with the player but not the club. Doesn't sound like it has much credence. Can't see the Don ''tapping up'' Ramirez.

Guest CityFan 06

Described as an attacking midfielder. Creativity is what we're lacking, so willing to give this chap a chance if he signs. Ramirez may just be who we need in that CAM role.

Archived