Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

Lots of smoke to this one. Usually that means there's fire...can't say I have strong feelings either way on Ramirez but remember Claudio saying recently that he has figured out a Plan B. Maybe it's a diamond and Ramirez is the missing piece?

Not sure about this one but will welcome him with open arms if/when he puts on our shirt. I think if that the first half of the season has shown us anything is that the midfield needed strengthening due to lack of personnel when we have injuries. So it makes sense to add to the numbers in the middle with ndidi and ramirez.

Just need to sort out the defence now and I'll be happy with what we have done in this window. 

3 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

If we're reverting to a 4-3-3 with Drinky Mendy and Ndidi in the middle I'm struggling to see where Ramirez would fit into the system once Mahrez is back

Rotation between 433 and 4231 depending on opposition.

36 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Really...I didn't realise. The point is it shows that Claudio feels he needs to strengthen in an area where we already have many options. The summer demonstrated that the back 4 was less of a priority in the summer and I'm hoping this signing doesn't demonstrate January will be the same. 

I've mentioned already that CBs are at a premium at the minute. Everyone is after one. It's a seller's market. Paying over the odds in January isn't clever when you've got deep pockets, but the competition have deeper pockets.

We've not been linked with a lot of CBs or RBs in the press, doesn't mean we're not on the job scouting or enquiring. Problem is that if we go abroad for an unknown, there'll be a transition period in the Prem that we can't afford this season to take risks in a such a vital position.

At RB I'm surprised that we've not been linked with at least one or two, but there's another two weeks yet.

Basically just because this transfer section hasn't got 5/6 threads on the go for these roles doesn't mean we're not looking or it's not going to happen. We'll cope until it does. Both have to be for the long-term signings, and there's no point in panic buying.

Oh ffs is this actually happening? Jesus. What is Ranieri doing?

What evidence is there that this guy will improve our team? His goals/games is similar to Schlupp's in English football and Schlupp's played in defence for a lot of that.

He's actually a brilliant player. Deadly at our place. He was a world beater in his younger years, but injury has prevented him from being the player he should be...he has bags and bags of ability, in a better side playing frequently he will be a good signing.

22 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Reading up on this guy. Seems like when HE plays well, then Boro play well. He was brilliant for them when on loan but has struggled a bit this season and can be a 9/10 player one week but then a 4/10 for the next 3 weeks. They actually got him on a free transfer in the summer, so this would be good business from them, if they think Bojan is a better player. 

Definitely sounds like a player who can win a game on his own, but also one that lacks consistency and can frustrate fans. 

I can see the logic in signing a genuine number 10 though and if he could sort out his consistency, then he definitely sounds like a game winner on his day. 

Sounds a bit like Mahrez this season... Although if Ranieri is thinking Marhez might leave this summer, Ramirez might be his replacement?

Archived