Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

I don't think he's worth £15m for a second, however if we learnt anything last season it's that 'names' and 'profile' mean nothing. Whilst Swiss captain and Serie A legend Inler was struggling to break into our side, United, Villa and QPR rejects were having the season of their lives. 

It's all about the system and ethic and Ramirez may just be the missing link to that. Time will tell, should he sign. 

I must say I was impressed watching him in both our recent games against Boro. Combative, quick and creative - could be a good signing. I live on Teesside and the local view is that this has come out of the blue and they don't want to lose him.

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

Worked with drinky 

It works for Pearson and Walsh with him and Ulloa, but we also did the same under Sven and it was a total disaster. Fingers crossed we actually do our homework like the former, rather than the latter.

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

£12.5m for Schlupplol

I was literally just gonna say that. £15M is not what it was anymore, every club now has enough money to say no to offers not worth their while!

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

This report jumps from " Leicester are preparing to trigger his release clause "  To " Ranieri has made inquiries "  The devil is in the detail. 

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Strangely the Boro Fans are saying they would rather keep him than get Bojan.

From what I've seen of critisism towards Bojan is that he blows hot and cold, is weak and injury-prone. Ramirez is one of the only reasons Boro aren't rock bottom. 

I'm happy that we could potentially be signing a player that's played in the premier league. We could go to France and pay the same fee for a player that might be better, but he'd take longer to adjust and I'd see that as a bigger gamble. We've seen first hand that Ramirez is a decent player instead of just watching a YouTube video and judging his career based on that. 

He's a hard worker with ability when he wants to use it....as a young player he was considered to go into great things, however injury has hallted him, it's clear that he has ability but maybe he just needs someone to bring the best out of him....he's stagnated for the last few seasons but when he first arrived with Southampton he was impressive. He may not seem as Gucci as some would like but he has some PL experience and is a willing worker too. 

If Albrighton can get in our side than Gaston can walk into it....

31 minutes ago, dayday said:

I've read quite a bit of the boro forum since the speculation and the majority are saying he is there best player who is ideally suited to the no10 role.

Same. At least there are other clubs like us that have transfer window meltdowns

43 minutes ago, dayday said:

I've read quite a bit of the boro forum since the speculation and the majority are saying he is there best player who is ideally suited to the no10 role.

Problem is, Karanka has never really played him as such, as he prefers a 4-2-3-1, with Ramirez usually on the right cutting inside if need be.

Why he puts Downing on as a left midfielder when he's the ideal playmaker remains a mystery.

Archived