Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Problem is, Karanka has never really played him as such, as he prefers a 4-2-3-1, with Ramirez usually on the right cutting inside if need be.

Why he puts Downing on as a left midfielder when he's the ideal playmaker remains a mystery.

4231? 4-5-1 more like. Very defensive team.

Guest CityFan 06
3 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

I quite like boro. Them building a stable defence will probably see them finish top 10 in the coming seasons, if they can get some goal scorers to complement the strong defence.

I share very much the same thoughts as foxes21. 

Karanka has got together a good side who are very strong defensively. In their case if they added more goals I think they would be higher up the table. If they can start adding more goals and keep that solid defence in the near future, I agree, I can also seem them pushing for top ten. Season on season if they can maintain top flight status they are going to contiune to attract better players as well.

9 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Tbf, the Boro fans say he's anything but lazy.

Still don't want him mind.

Any links to that? I've seen him a few times in person and on tv and he's never been that much of a grafter. If you are talking about their reaction to his loan spell last season, when they were in the championship, that's a different story. 

Happy to be proved wrong. Maybe I've only seen him on off days! 

45 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Any links to that? I've seen him a few times in person and on tv and he's never been that much of a grafter. If you are talking about their reaction to his loan spell last season, when they were in the championship, that's a different story. 

Happy to be proved wrong. Maybe I've only seen him on off days! 

Think there is a link to a Boro forum in this thread somewhere. Lots say he is one of their hardest workers. 

36 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

You've just judged a player on one sitter he missed? 

No, he said that Gaston Ramirez is not in the same class as PFA Player of the Year, Riyad Mahrez....

38 minutes ago, weller54 said:

How about the Mahrez of this season? 

Less said about that one, the better! (Apart from Man City game, and AFCON, Riyad!)

On 1/14/2017 at 07:27, Russell sprout said:

IMG_0088.PNG

IMG_0089.PNG

On 1/17/2017 at 12:12, STUHILL said:

lol:sweating:

Felt like I was intruding on a family domestic! 

Great insight into the type of player he is though and made me feel a bit more positive. Sounds like he is very hard working and creates goals and scores them too. 

Best quote "

Gaston by a mile for me. They're totally different players. Bojan is your typical fast-passing Barcelona midget gem in the David Silva mode. Ramirez makes a big difference for us because as well as being creative and a dribbler, he's spiky, nasty, a workhorse, great in the air and has a bit more Suarez about him. Half the games I've seen him have for us, he's been one of the hardest workers in the team and the first line of defence. Great player, hope he doesn't go but the signs don't look good."

On 1/17/2017 at 08:28, RoyFox said:

OK, found them, and read through everything, even the southampton article that was posted earlier but I didn't grab.  Read a lot of "goes missing", "dodgy agent" etc.  Also read a lot of "first line of defence" and "without him Boro would be fooked" (although that's a WHOLE DIFFERENT MATTER).  Really not convinced he is what we should go for, or what we need.  I stand by comments I've made in other threads that we don't need a pure #10 and we certainly don't need another winger (yet, different if Riyad is off).  We need a midfielder who can carry the ball and pass it, to create space and create openings, much like DD does but less statically, and reliant on THE killer pass.  Before I say anything, I can't think of anyone right now. Maybe 442 is the option with DD and NDD in the middle, Riyad / (Cafu?!), and Marc / Demarai on the other, and Jamie and Slim up front.  We desperately need a CB, and I think RB (cover or starter, that is better than DS, and can pass), and it will make the world of difference. 

2 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

OK, found them, and read through everything, even the southampton article that was posted earlier but I didn't grab.  Read a lot of "goes missing", "dodgy agent" etc.  Also read a lot of "first line of defence" and "without him Boro would be fooked" (although that's a WHOLE DIFFERENT MATTER).  Really not convinced he is what we should go for, or what we need.  I stand by comments I've made in other threads that we don't need a pure #10 and we certainly don't need another winger (yet, different if Riyad is off).  We need a midfielder who can carry the ball and pass it, to create space and create openings, much like DD does but less statically, and reliant on THE killer pass.  Before I say anything, I can't think of anyone right now. Maybe 442 is the option with DD and NDD in the middle, Riyad / (Cafu?!), and Marc / Demarai on the other, and Jamie and Slim up front.  We desperately need a CB, and I think RB (cover or starter, that is better than DS, and can pass), and it will make the world of difference. 

In regards to another winger, I think people were arguing that Mahrez is very likely to go in the summer and if we have a no.1 target now (Cafu), then we should buy now before lose out in the summer. 

I think part of the problem is that Claudio still hasn't found a new system for us, since the 4-4-2 has been so poor. Adding a genuine no.10 with creativity and flair, gives us a different option and system to play. I think part of the problem this season, is our reliance on 4-4-2 and having it fail so badly and no real ideas on how to change due to the types of players we have. A lot of the best teams will have a no.10 type player, one who plays in a more advanced role than midfield but sits behind the striker and is allowed more freedom due to having less defensive duties of a typical midfielder. 

The only player we currently have who links the midfield and attack, is Okazaki. His energy is great but he lacks any real creativity or composure on the ball. If we had a player who did his job, but one who seems to have all the time he wants on the ball, able to beat a man or two and create something out of nothing, then I think we would be scoring a lot more goals. 

Ramirez may not be the greatest no.10 around, but he is a genuine no.10 and a "game changer" on his day, which many Boro fans have said. They also say he is one of the hardest workers in their team, which suits our ethos of last season, and means even on a quiet day, he would not be accused of not putting a shift in. 

It may end up not being him, but I still think a number 10 is exactly what we need, even if it is just to give us creative options in attack. 

Archived