Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

3 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Neither were the signings we made to make us Champions of England.

I wish people would stop hanging their coat on the title, and having unrealistic expectations of who we should or shouldn't be signing. Let's trust the management to find the right players to fit the long-term plan and vision that they are aiming for. 

Yeah but I'd like to think we could do better than a player that wasn't good enough for Southampton and, in some cases, Hull. We need this type of player but he's not going to improve us. 

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah but I'd like to think we could do better than a player that wasn't good enough for Southampton and, in some cases, Hull. We need this type of player but he's not going to improve us. 

Again, the same could be said for the players we brought in last year. It's the wrong mentality. Surely he'll be scouted for what he brings to the team strength-wise, and if he suits and there are areas that the management think they can improve then I'll leave it up to them.

Are you expecting some FM rated megastar CAM to join us? If the above works for them, the price is right, and his wage demands suit too, and that balance is found so we can strengthen elsewhere then I'm going to trust that they'll make the right call.

5 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Again, the same could be said for the players we brought in last year. It's the wrong mentality. Surely he'll be scouted for what he brings to the team strength-wise, and if he suits and there are areas that the management think they can improve then I'll leave it up to them.

Are you expecting some FM rated megastar CAM to join us? If the above works for them, the price is right, and his wage demands suit too, and that balance is found so we can strengthen elsewhere then I'm going to trust that they'll make the right call.

When I've seen a player in the PL then I feel ok to judge and have my own opinion. Yes I am not levels of a scout, nobody on here is, but they can be wrong - as proved with Benaloyane.

Last season I didn't know who Kante was so I couldn't comment. I always backed Gray because he looked good at Birmingham.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

When I've seen a player in the PL then I feel ok to judge and have my own opinion. Yes I am not levels of a scout, nobody on here is, but they can be wrong - as proved with Benaloyane.

Last season I didn't know who Kante was so I couldn't comment. I always backed Gray because he looked good at Birmingham.

Why use Benny as an example? There's more to his situation (publicly known) than 'he's not playing, he's not good enough. transfer error'.

For me price is important. We have two other areas to address that will cost a lot of money. CAMs don't usually come cheap. Maybe this fits our budget so we can pump more money at the other two - CB/RB. And everyone and thier mother is hunting CBs, they are going to be at a premium as we are trying to find Huth/Morgan upgrades at a younger age for the long term replacement of one or the other.

38 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Not the sort of signing you would expect from the champions of England! 

What an absolute cluster fvck the summer was.

Of course we should have just signed people for the sake of it when we could not get our first choices.

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Yea I'd still take him but didn't boro sign him for free in the Summer? We should have been on that.

Who knows why not. Maybe we didn't intend on playing a formation accommodating a CAM at that stage in the summer. Impossible to guess the reasons why not then and maybe now. Plans change, it happens. We need players who can feed our goal scorers. We aren't scoring at the minute with any great numbers.  If we were highly dependent on  Mahrez to deliver the assists, and he's being marked by 2/3 players, then maybe we need someone who can bring the goods? Dunno.

Been screaming for a player that plays this position so I'm happy. We're going to go from King/Amartey to a selecting 3 of Mendy, N'Didi, Drinky and Ramirez 

I wonder if this means we could see Amartey dropping back into central defence.

11 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

He isn't playing today for Boro, is he suspended/injured or does this add more fuel to the fire?

After reading the various Boro forums apparently Ramirez has a suffered a sudden injury, MMMMMmmmmmmm.

The Bojan link for them seems to be hanging around.

6 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

After reading the various Boro forums apparently Ramirez has a suffered a sudden injury, MMMMMmmmmmmm.

If you put it all together it adds up. No smoke without fire.

11 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

What are they saying about the potential sale of Ramirez? 

Are they desperate to keep him or glad to get rid?

13 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Err, you do know that two or more things can happen at the same time?

Really...I didn't realise. The point is it shows that Claudio feels he needs to strengthen in an area where we already have many options. The summer demonstrated that the back 4 was less of a priority in the summer and I'm hoping this signing doesn't demonstrate January will be the same. 

Players of this type tend to be quite inconsistent so it doesn't particularly bother me about varying match report scores etc.

I think he's a good player and certainly provides a different option to what we have which is always a good thing.

£15m seems about right so if its Schlupp out and Ramirez in I think that's decent.

I cant believe we'll go another window without strengthening the defence but I imagine that'll happen very late into the window.

Archived