Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
USFox

Expectations for the Second Half of the Season

our league form so far has been rubbish but we made it to the transfer window with our heads above water.

we have to recruit better players! now or it could be a miserable next few months.

right now i'd take 17th place but with better players we might finish mid table:fc:

Avoid playing like the first half of the season, sign more than one decent player and get all the fans behind the team again. That said I still maintain even if we are just as crap than at least there are 3 worse off teams than us. 

Looking at our run in I fear staying up will be nip and tuck......next four Soton a Burnley a Man U h L'pool h honestly what points return is likely? Hull and Palace have new managers, Palace acquisitive, without the Afcon players.....could be 25 played points 21, we hav Arse a, Sours h, Everton h West Ham a ......it's gonna be tight....lose against any of Hull, Swansea and Sunderland and I can feel the Holloway effect creeping in......

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Looking at our run in I fear staying up will be nip and tuck......next four Soton a Burnley a Man U h L'pool h honestly what points return is likely? Hull and Palace have new managers, Palace acquisitive, without the Afcon players.....could be 25 played points 21, we hav Arse a, Sours h, Everton h West Ham a ......it's gonna be tight....lose against any of Hull, Swansea and Sunderland and I can feel the Holloway effect creeping in......

Yep... pointed it out the other week. We have about 5 must win games considering our away form and who we play at home.

We're in big trouble.

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We have got to win at Swansea surely. They're absolutely shocking, even worse than Sunderland and Hull.

Trouble is, Sunderland certainly weren't. out of their depth against us, nor were Hull. We have absolutely no gimmes. We will have to out fight Swansea because I doubt we'll play them off the pitch. The next two home games are just what we don't need.

Cross your fingers time.

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Trouble is, Sunderland certainly weren't. out of their depth against us, nor were Hull. We have absolutely no gimmes. We will have to out fight Swansea because I doubt we'll play them off the pitch. The next two home games are just what we don't need.

Cross your fingers time.

I agree fully, I thought we'd lose at Sunderland and we did. Hull I thought was a freak at the time but it was actually a sign of things to come. I think both of those two actually have a bit more fight about them than us. I bet we've been on the end of more three goal or more defeats than Hull have this year.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree fully, I thought we'd lose at Sunderland and we did. Hull I thought was a freak at the time but it was actually a sign of things to come. I think both of those two actually have a bit more fight about them than us. I bet we've been on the end of more three goal or more defeats than Hull have this year.

Yep, that's the biggest concern. If it comes to a fight against anyone, which it invariably does at the bottom, we've not covered ouselves in glory in that department. I'm still hopeful but it's looking more and more like blind faith.

All I ask it to stay in the PL. The club's seem to have a plan for the future because of the young talent that we have. So, after the second half of the season, the club should sell mahrez (not sure about vardy yet). Get siggi or Snodgrass to replace him. Get 2 new fullbacks and CBs. A box to box CM and a CAM and I think we will be OK

Well, there's no denying we've been shit in the premier league this season. An average team, given our schedule, would have accumulated 33 points. We've only managed 21. Given our future schedule, assuming our form stays the same, we'd finish with 38 or 39 pts. In most seasons that would be good enough to stay up, but only by an uncomfortable margin.

I expect that we'll play like a mid table team the rest of the way, maybe we finish in 10th place (with around 48 points). I'd also expect us to go deep in the FA Cup. If we get by Derby, and get a little luck on the draw (which we never seem to), than maybe we could end the season at Wembley. 

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just couldn't celebrate staying up this year. That's a complete acceptance of a huge drop in standards. I'd be relieved but there's no way on earth I'd celebrate it.

Been thinking about what I've said here and maybe this is actually reflected in the players' minds themselves. They know full-well they aren't going to achieve anything worth celebrating in the league this season.

Stay up.

Go out in a blaze of glory against Sevilla.

At least semi-finals in the FA Cup. A Win would be great.

All in all, a season to forget. Looking for back-up in the defense and an alternative to Mahrez (I think he'll be gone) in the summer window.

Expectations - one point at most from the next three games, which in all likelihood means a nervous scrap against relegation; squeeze past Derby and draw a big club away, which means a fifth round FA Cup exit; lose heavily without scoring in Seville, leaving us with a dead rubber at home and a damp squib exit from Europe.

Hopes - an away win from the next two games and then at some point in the near future we finally string two wins together, which should boost confidence sufficiently to lift us clear of trouble and into mid-table safety; a second 'miracle' in the FA Cup with the season ending where it began - at Wembley, but this time in triumph; get past Sevilla on an unforgettable night at the King Power, then who knows....

Ar the start of the season my realistic hope was for tenth place in the Prem and last 16 in the Champions League. I still reckon the first part is doable if the team can rediscover their focus and hunger, but I worry that Ranieri is starting to run scared and become too cautious, cowardly even, in his tactics. We have to get back on the front foot and put the opposition under pressure- make them worry about us, not vice versa. We are (still) the champions of England ffs!

In this order.

New CB, 2 ideally.

New RB.

Beat Derby, progress in the FA Cup.

Beat Sevilla, tough expectation, but play well and go out as a disappointing second. 

New signings to ripen.

New, older signings to ripen.

Established players to rediscover form. 

Avoid relegation.

Finish on a high with promise and heads held high.

Rumours to sign Ronaldo. 

Hand out T-shirts. 

Nightmare: Semi Final of Champions League followed by relegation and a mass player exodus.

Expectation: Lower Mid table, bit of a cup run and get knocked out by Sevilla.

Hope: 10th in the Prem, FA Cup Final, CL Final.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just couldn't celebrate staying up this year. That's a complete acceptance of a huge drop in standards. I'd be relieved but there's no way on earth I'd celebrate it.

Same here.

This acceptance of such a drop in standards is sickening. Exactly like you, I'd be relieved but I'd still look back on the league campaign and think wtf?

Archived