Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Just SIX defenders registered!!!

43 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

He's lost it. That and him saying that we're playing well. It's gone past the stage where it's done in the media to protect the players. We don't bring in another centre back and ideally another right back/centre back on top of that, that will be 3 transfer windows in a row where he's cocked up. Sadly, will be time to go.

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

In some ways I'd rather him come out and say that than saying "god help us, all our defenders are shit and we need new ones asap" Doesn't inspire confidence.

I think the Ranieri we see in the press is very different to the one we don't see in the Dressing Room.

I don't think it is though anymore. I think he believes his own defense of the team/transfer policy now. It's long gone past the stage of defending the players; he needs to take some accountability for this shocking title defence and allow the players to do the same.

The defence has been poor all season so it should rightfully be criticised.

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He's lost it. That and him saying that we're playing well. It's gone past the stage where it's done in the media to protect the players. We don't bring in another centre back and ideally another right back/centre back on top of that, that will be 3 transfer windows in a row where he's cocked up. Sadly, will be time to go.

He can't exactly say we are going to panic buy and be held to ransom for every approach made for a player can he?

Just now, dmayne7 said:

I don't think it is though anymore. I think he believes his own defense of the team/transfer policy now. It's long gone past the stage of defending the players; he needs to take some accountability for this shocking title defence and allow the players to do the same.

The defence has been poor all season so it should rightfully be criticised.

The right place to criticise players is in the dressing room.

It's appalling management to outright criticise players in the press.

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

He can't exactly say we are going to panic buy and be held to ransom for every approach made for a player can he?

He doesn't need to though. He could say that we are looking at bringing in a replacement but only if the quality and price is right.

It would be one thing, if he had just said this but on top of the countless times he's said we've played well when we've been a joke, it's frightening. He's allowing a massive amount of complacency around the club.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The right place to criticise players is in the dressing room.

It's appalling management to outright criticise players in the press.

Well he picked out Mahrez in public which is appalling. Not asking him to single out individual players but he should at least accept and admit that he needs to see more from the team.  We're not talking about the odd game here are we? We've been dire in most games this season.

Yeah but he's having a chat with Rob Tanner not delivering his inauguration speech - and that's only an edited snippet of Tanner esque journalistic popcorn for people to react to.

As for complacency I don't think thats accurate. We now have a manager that can handle the media not some prat talking about stuff that should remain in the dressing room. He has called out Mahrez but in fairness that was honesty in response to dropping him.

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah but he's having a chat with Rob Tanner not delivering his inauguration speech - and that's only an edited snippet of Tanner esque journalistic popcorn for people to react to.

As for complacency I don't think thats accurate. We now have a manager that can handle the media not some prat talking about stuff that should remain in the dressing room. He has called out Mahrez but in fairness that was honesty in response to dropping him.

Ok then. Glad to see your happy with this awful football and lack of signings to try and rectify things.

Sorry, are you referring to Pearson? The guy who kept everything under wraps? He was just very volatile that lead to a couple of outbursts. But even then, at least if he thought the players weren't doing enough, he'd say so. Rarely happened under him though.

But you're right about the fact this is just a small snippet. However, because of the crap he has said this year, I would take this as exactly what he said with little need for further context.

Claudio is brilliant and loveable to listen to when we're doing well but he just sounds like a tool when we're not.

Oh I'm over the moon with the football and the lack of signings......

What I don't expect is the manager to burst in to tears, rant and rage, blame himself and the players because that would make you feel a bit better about stuff.

20 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Last summer I'll give you, but last January Ranieri brought in Amartey and Demarai Gray. We went on to steamroll the league with ease. Amartey has turned into a decent player in the last 6-8 weeks and Gray is one of the few creative player we have. I don't think January 2016 was a bad window for us. 

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Last summer I'll give you, but last January Ranieri brought in Amartey and Demarai Gray. We went on to steamroll the league with ease. Amartey has turned into a decent player in the last 6-8 weeks and Gray is one of the few creative player we have. I don't think January 2016 was a bad window for us. 

Considering we also kept hold of all of the great players we had that were supposedly off to the Real Madrids, Manchester Uniteds and PSGs of this world.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Good signings, Gray in particular. BUT, we got so lucky with injury and suspension that we got away with only 3 strikers. Even just a short term injury could have left us with no striking options on the bench which is madness.

Don't think we'd have won the league under anyone else but he has left us seriously short in some areas and this is over multiple transfer windows.

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

What I don't expect is the manager to burst in to tears, rant and rage, blame himself and the players because that would make you feel a bit better about stuff.

"We are working on bringing players into the club in the next few days"

Might make me feel a bit better. If it's true of course. But apparently Ranieri is happy with the squad

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

What? It's not about making me feel better (although keeping the fans happy is a big part of the job). It's about his management of the team. And his management has been poor this year and he doesn't look to make changes that are painfully obvious to all.

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I love the bloke but CR's in absolute denial here. 

I disagree, yes we need a centre back or two but I'd rather we didn't bother this window than bring in someone who is the best of a bad bunch and not one of our first targets.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Benalouane replace Hernandez in the squad and we still have Morgan & Huth fit with Was, Amartey and Ndidi as options to see us through until summer if need be.

Amartey played as a CB for Ghana the other day in the AFCON and kept a clean sheet apparently. I'm not saying he's ready to be chucked in there straight away but he has got decent attributes for a ball playing centre back. I wouldn't mind seeing him being given a game there at some point if we can get clear of the relegation zone.  

For all those criticising CRs line in the media about not needing more defensive options are you completely naive? It's what most managers say in January, just have a look at some of today's press conferences. As soon as you show a whiff of desperation clubs extract the urine on a monster scale in this window. Wait till it closes before you start slating him...   

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I disagree, yes we need a centre back or two but I'd rather we didn't bother this window than bring in someone who is the best of a bad bunch and not one of our first targets.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Benalouane replace Hernandez in the squad and we still have Morgan & Huth fit with Was, Amartey and Ndidi as options to see us through until summer if need be.

This is silly though, Hernandez was higher up the pecking order than Benny so why would we ship him out and replace him with someone who is perceived to be worse? 

I really hope we get a creative midfielder in this window. If not its gonna be a long 2nd half of the season. The defence is also a huge worry, 3 weeks into the window and no defenders have signed CBhas been a priority for about the last 3 windows. Sort it out or we will end up going down. Not feeling Amartey at RB for a long period. We might get away with the odd game but a long term injury to simpson and we will be in a mess.

Archived