Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Just SIX defenders registered!!!

Guest CityFan 06

Two proven Premier League centre backs certainly required, but I can't see it happening. CR seems to prefer utility players like Amartey and Ndidi who can cover there. We shall see. 

Ranners knows what he's doing. He's playing coy with his targets' clubs regarding negotiation. He's basically saying if we don't sign your player we have enough to get by. Thanks. Same applies to those who have had a fee agreed, but are delaying signing a contract, as they are waiting for something else either to turn up or their own club to match it etc. He's no dummy.

Whilst I wouldn't be pleased that we had to resort to the mentioned backups, I think they aren't dreadful. Amartey can easily play RB, and Ndidi can at a push play CB. He's just stating facts. I wouldn't say he'd be 'happy' though'.

I think we have a couple of irons in the fire and they'll come good soon enough.

38 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Ranners knows what he's doing. He's playing coy with his targets' clubs regarding negotiation. He's basically saying if we don't sign your player we have enough to get by. Thanks. Same applies to those who have had a fee agreed, but are delaying signing a contract, as they are waiting for something else either to turn up or their own club to match it etc. He's no dummy.

Whilst I wouldn't be pleased that we had to resort to the mentioned backups, I think they aren't dreadful. Amartey can easily play RB, and Ndidi can at a push play CB. He's just stating facts. I wouldn't say he'd be 'happy' though'.

I think we have a couple of irons in the fire and they'll come good soon enough.

Finally some sense.

Guest CityFan 06

Looking at another perspective of this defensive problem, CR mentioned earlier at the press conference about the possibility of using Amartey and Ndidi as defensive cover. 

Now, my first choice would be getting in recognised defenders, preferably who have PL experience. However, Amartey & Ndidi have evident ability so perhaps they could cover well enough for us. 

51 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I hope that for the mental health of Foxes Talk users, you are right!

This window started so promisingly with the Ndidi capture, done well ahead of time. I feel like the club did try to bring in a CB also, but likely got rebuffed.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I hope that for the mental health of Foxes Talk users, you are right!

This window started so promisingly with the Ndidi capture, done well ahead of time. I feel like the club did try to bring in a CB also, but likely got rebuffed.

Who's Rebuffed? 

Is he any good? 

18 hours ago, goose2010 said:

playing a 3 man midfield with amarty ndidi and drinkwater should give them more than enough.

Its the lack of creativity that is the biggest worry if you ask me.

Agree with that.

Archived