Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The patronising tone from the media towards our predicament and fans

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Anyone copy this across from behind the paywall? Seen it getting some acclaim this morning

EDIT: Babylon's done it

Not a shock when people like him and John Percy get the decision. They are guys know know the club inside out, most people who get us understand why it needed to happen.

Just now, Bluetintedspecs said:

Note to self ...... Do not ever put Sunday Supplement on again. Condescending,  disrespectful arrogant arseholes.

Usually I find it a good watch, but in one sentence someone says, in the old days we would go down, come back up the next season under John Lyle, in the next sentence they mention the money of football, while that an the prestige of the premiership, which is a global brand more than the old 1st division ever was, combined with the fact that it took us over 10 years to go back up again after the last relegation, surely someone can scratch below the surface, Norwich an Burnley seem to be able to bounce back up after going down, but I would argue Dyche an Alex Neil are more likely to take a team up than Claudio.

Seen a lot of fans outside top 7 all the way down to League One say they'd take multiple delegations if they won the league and they'd still back their manager.  Got me thinking if another club did what we did last year and were in this predicament would we spout that stuff too and call them ungrateful? Many of us might.

It's a tough one.

Anyone who reads the Murdoch titles and is prepared to put their hard-earned cash into his coffers need their head looking at.

The fact is that we have had to listen and read all sorts of diatribe from our magnificent run last season when, even in February, some so-called pundits and sections of the press thought we would still get relegated to the present day. It will continue unabated and something we have to rise above. Remember, they have to fill their column inches somehow.

25 minutes ago, Koke said:

Seen a lot of fans outside top 7 all the way down to League One say they'd take multiple delegations if they won the league and they'd still back their manager.  Got me thinking if another club did what we did last year and were in this predicament would we spout that stuff too and call them ungrateful? Many of us might.

It's a tough one.

Nah. I'd probably say it was harsh but ultimately the correct decision.

people are acting so outraged for a mixture of reasons. They have a soft spot for Ranieri cos they think he's a nice bloke. Which he is. Fair enough. They think that we are ungrateful. They think we are now operating at our usual level and so should accept relegation. None of these reasons has any basis in reality. Leicester should not be fighting relegation with the investment we've had.

and to the people saying they'd let him relegate us to the 4th tier etc. That is the most ridiculous one for me. Usually when you achieve something brilliant and unexpected in life you try to strive and achieve it again or get as close to it as possible. 

My biggest gripe is the whole "this is Leicester's level" argument and line being dished out readily over the past few days, whilst I was not expecting a top 8 finish I was hoping we could become a stable premier league team and follow the progress of Southampton and Stoke to some extent, when they've changed managers and staff it was seen as a risk but an ambitious one yet we are slaughtered for it (granted they didn't win the league but Koemam got S'hampton European football). 

It it really shouldn't get to me as much as I know they do it so their views and ratings go up but criticising fans and the owners for having some sort of ambition is out of order, we know more than any team that the Championship is a struggle and for every Burnley or Hull that come straight back up there are teams like Villa who are struggling down the table. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

It's a tough one.

I think we need to clarify this "ungrateful" thing, though. You can be grateful for something and still believe a change is correct. We aren't in May 2016, we're in February 2017 and our last six months of football has, by and large, been atrocious. I defy any set of fans to watch the style of football, plus the results, and not mutter a word of complaint. It won't happen because as hard as you try to accept it, you won't. It's your club and you want the best for it.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

It's a tough one.

A caller summed it up nicely on BBC 5 live yesterday: "it's easy to be sentimental when it's not your club".

Maybe we would have said the same things. The way the media have vilified us, it might have swayed us against that club too.

Likewise all these fans saying they'd take double relegation for a title, do me a favour. NO ONE wants to see their club go down. If they were in this position with the emotions, they will know.

But the fact it is our club or any other club this happens to, only those fans will understand the reasoning and logic behind it.

I was actually talking to a couple of Chelsea fans at the pub yesterday, who completely agreed with the decision.

They could relate as it happened with Mourinho last year and agreed when the performances and results are in free fall, something has to change.

Likewise a mate who's a Watford fan said he felt a similar amnosity from the media last year when they sacked Sanchez, who got them to an FA Cup semi final, but felt the PL performances were just not good enough at the end of the day.

Listened to the Press Pass on TalkSport and all involved said it was an understandable decision, despite being a sad end to the story. Darren Lewis spoke well (not usually a fan of his) and that to expect the owners to do nothing whilst the team is struggling was unrealistic.

12 hours ago, Corky said:

Listened to the Press Pass on TalkSport and all involved said it was an understandable decision, despite being a sad end to the story. Darren Lewis spoke well (not usually a fan of his) and that to expect the owners to do nothing whilst the team is struggling was unrealistic.

Carragher will lay into us tonight on Monday Night Football. I just hope Neville brings some balance to the discussion.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Carragher will lay into us tonight on Monday Night Football. I just hope Neville brings some balance to the discussion.

The quote that sticks in my head was after the Chelsea game last season where we won 2-1.

"I just can't see Leicester with the trophy in their hands. I just can't" lol

(It was something like that anyway!)

If we were in the same position this time last year, same level of performances he would have been sacked and all the pundits would be saying it was deserved and they'd be patting themselves on their backs because they said he would be shit. That's why the argument that this is our level is bollocks.

Easy for supporters of other clubs and pundits to say we should let Ranieri take us down because he won the league, safe in the knowledge that chances are no other club will ever be in a similar situation.

Archived