Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

No way are Barcelona would be interested after this season's form.

Mahrez is 26 and has been lucky to keep his Leicester place at times this season, he also moves with little chance of being anything but a reserve. I don't think Barcelona want to spend £30m+ on a player of his age with next to no chance of displacing Messi, Suarez or Neymar.

Last season I could see it but not this season. Barcelona only want elite level players and Mahrez has been by and large average this season with a few odd moments of brilliance.

B*llocks. He's world class and will be even better surrounded by players at his level

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I really don't get why people say take the money, it don't go in my pocket I would rather have the pleasure of watching him play for my team, I know at times he can be frustrating but he is the one that gets you out of your seat. I seen him twice in Nando's the season we signed him and both times he was wearing a Barcelona top (I don't imagine he could do that now days) so for me I really couldn't begrudge him the move.

17 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

People who say gray can replace Mahrez next season are deluded. 

I don't think they're (we're) deluded, per say.

I'm saying Gray could replace Mahrez in terms of the position on the pitch, in the team. He's not a good as Mahrez, but he brings different dynamics. Gray is more direct. There's more to come from Gray too. Mahrez has probably peaked tbf.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

I don't think they're (we're) deluded, per say.

I'm saying Gray could replace Mahrez in terms of the position on the pitch, in the team. He's not a good as Mahrez, but he brings different dynamics. Gray is more direct. There's more to come from Gray too. Mahrez has probably peaked tbf.

People who say "it's alright if Mahrez goes because we've got gray" will be in for a suprise. I'm not sure it's fair to have all the pressure on a 21 year old to be our chief creator and goal scorer. 

17 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

People who say "it's alright if Mahrez goes because we've got gray" will be in for a suprise. I'm not sure it's fair to have all the pressure on a 21 year old to be our chief creator and goal scorer. 

Has Mahrez been our chief creator and goal scorer this season though? 

He's a great player, but let's not make out he's irreplaceable. 

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's not good enough for Barça tbh, not as a starter. He's also not young enough that he's got years to chill on the bench til one of the big three leaves or retires.

he is alot better than rafinha, neymar as a LW, mahrez RW, suarez ST and messi as a CAM could destroy any team

Barca don't need Mahrez, they have the young player out on loan Munir El Haddidi,who scored against us in the summer.  Mahrez would be a bench warmer coming on when the game has already been won, he won't take a free kick or penalty.  He will get game time when Neymar/Messi are injured and then back out the team when they are fit again no matter how he plays. It's not that Mahrez isn't good enough for Barca, they have better players in that position and he's too good to not play. 

Also just because it's Barca doesn't mean we have to bend over, they want him then they pay what the owners ask for.

40 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Has Mahrez been our chief creator and goal scorer this season though? 

He's a great player, but let's not make out he's irreplaceable. 

I'm just saying if he does go, We have to spend big to get another creator in, preferably Sigursson. Some people on here don't realise how good Mahrez is. He's left foot is incredible. 

If he wants to go there, any Leicester fan would be an idiot to be against it. He's done more than his service for this club and one of the very top clubs in the world would be just reward for his efforts. Same with Kasper if Real came in for him.

7 hours ago, Demoox said:

If they're competent, then yes. You can't say that i'm wrong, Mahrez is a creative player, and creative players need to focus on their abilities, it's why Messi doesn't track back. Mahrez looks in a bad form this season, but how many times he touch the ball in a game ? If you compare to players like Ozil, 

it's funny because ozil is considered to be one of the best CAMs in the world (if not the best),plays with better players and in a possession based team and mahrez is still keeping up with him

same goes with "the best player in the league" hazard

but hey, whatever floats their boat i guess

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If he wants to go there, any Leicester fan would be an idiot to be against it. He's done more than his service for this club and one of the very top clubs in the world would be just reward for his efforts. Same with Kasper if Real came in for him.

Can't see Madrid wanting Kasper. They want de Gea, anyone else would be second choice 

I don't know if Mahrez will be here or not next season. I suspect he won't be but its all paper talk at the moment. What I would say is that the quoted price of £30million surely is well wide of the mark.

N'Golo went for that amount due to a clause in his contract, I don't know of a similar clause with Mahrez. If it is an open market auction £30 million probably wouldn't buy his right boot let alone his left one.

7 minutes ago, IrememberBobHazell said:

I don't know if Mahrez will be here or not next season. I suspect he won't be but its all paper talk at the moment. What I would say is that the quoted price of £30million surely is well wide of the mark.

N'Golo went for that amount due to a clause in his contract, I don't know of a similar clause with Mahrez. If it is an open market auction £30 million probably wouldn't buy his right boot let alone his left one.

Yannick Bolasie went for £30m and he had about 10 goals in 150 appearances. 

Whatever happens, Riyad deserves the utmost respect. What he's achieved with such a small price tag is sensational. He was a massive part of last season and if Barca want him and he leaves, he certainly won't get slagged off by this FT user. I don't know many better footballers in the world who has such good close ball control than him.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I'm just saying if he does go, We have to spend big to get another creator in, preferably Sigursson. Some people on here don't realise how good Mahrez is. He's left foot is incredible. 

Mahrez will go. He is irreplaceable in the sense that we won't be able to get someone with his qualities back for the same money. We'll have to adapt. As you've said (and I said) the right winger won't be the focal point of the team. It'll hopefully be an improved no10. Gray will give us something different on the wing.

Archived