Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

15 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

That this is a done deal or the Barca interest?

Good for Riyad if he gets this move. Watching him link up with Messi, Neymar, etc would be mental. 

Not a done deal, but the interest from Barca, obviously he wants to go. He always said that he would do this season at least

3 minutes ago, Moksky said:

Not a done deal, but the interest from Barca, obviously he wants to go. He always said that he would do this season at least

I'd be chuffed if he got his dream move to Barcelona.

I am not sure he would be able to break into their first team there but, as I said earlier, his style is tailor made for a team like Barcelona.

I think we have an able player in Gray to come straight in and have a similar long-term impact too. Add to that, another winger in the summer window and perhaps the emergence of Lawrence and Kaputska, and we are in decent shape, not to mention the 35-40million profit from a 400k purchase. Quite incredible!  

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Good for Riyad if he gets this move. Watching him link up with Messi, Neymar, etc would be mental. 

This.

Who on his right mind could have ever dreamed of one of our City lads making it into Barca's squad ? Crazy times we live in.

1 hour ago, Moksky said:

This is real

Ah well it was good to watch someone of his calibre and at least not use us as a stepping stone. All the best to him and let's hope he can take a champions league medal with him.

1 hour ago, Moksky said:

Reckon he'll still leave if the Barca deal falls through?

It's inevitable that he's going to leave in the not too distant future, so I'd be genuinely delighted if he went to Barca. Not just because I don't want to see him playing against us for some scumbag PL side, but because he genuinely seems like a really good bloke and I'd be happy for him. He'll always be a Leicester legend, and a big money move to his dream club would be a nice end to his LCFC story.

Hopefully he continues his good form so we can enjoy him at his best for a while before he leaves!

6 hours ago, lgfualol said:

( watching him ( mahrez ) link up with  messi, neymar, etc , would  be  mental ) what a  genuine description of  many  of  us  , and this is the  sole reason to  let  him go because  ryad  has shown us/ the  world  of his world class football 

Ranieri said  that  mahrez is the  light  of leicester city when is  turn up  we  see colours and it  will  be nice to thank  him by smoothing his farewell and leavng with happiness  not  sadness and sure  of  leicester city  s future will  be nice

Yes, it's 'Barcelona' etc.

But why - after the season the team has had last season that got the club and also Mahrez the recognition the club and he deserves but one that is also still in the Champions League where who knows how far the club can go in it (they now must feel very confident in that they can give any top-quality side a game and potentially beating as now seen against Sevilla) - would he may want to jump ship when the season hasn't finished in one that potentially could be another massive-historic moment in the history of football come what may on Saturday 3rd June 2017?

Strange things have happened like we all know, but he should use this as a target to keep Barca interested considering top-4 league position finishes for us may not happen again in his playing career. There were rumours of Barca wanting him January last year (when the dream was winning the league was already about to start) but then nothing occurred as well.

He should be careful of what he wishes for as the team needs him with wingers like Gray and Musa in particular very inconsistent compared to him and that a stsrting place is already in effect guaranteed for him.

It's strange... If he had gone last summer I would have been absolutely heartbroken but now i am completely at peace with it. 

I think if he goes to Barca it will be a good move for him and i think a good mood for us.

There has been times this season where  i have looked at him and he has looked completely isolated in our system (pre shakey) and is playing with a group of players nowhere near his technical ability and i have thought that he deserves a bit better.

16 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

You are all wankers. You want to let one of our best players go. Noooooo If we ever want to go anywhere in the football world  we need to keep our best players

You're a bit naïve if you think we have much of a say in it. If he's set his heart on moving to a team like Barca, he'll go.

Sulky Mahrez is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. At 26, now is the time to look for that next move up the ladder in his career. From his point of view, there's nothing left to achieve here.

Obviously you don't want to see your best players leave but that's football, I'd be proud to see a Leicester player go to Barca.

Selling key players hasn't hurt the likes of Southampton in recent years.

On 3/23/2017 at 05:26, IslamSlimani said:

Aren't Barça playing 3-4-3 ? he surely can play in the midfield instead of Rafinha ?

Exactly! I think he would fit fine if Barca plays 3-4-3 like they played in the last game (and won 5-1); He'd play on the right wing (like now) since Messi will be playing behind Suarez. Any other formation though and, I am afraid, he would be a back-up.

Archived