Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

Love Riyad but 2 things wrong with this. 35m no chance and Barca. You can't tell me they would sign a player who would cost way, way more than 35m who doesn't turn up on time for training. They will scout every aspect of a player not just talent. Lionel hold off on your shooting drill for a min Riyad still isn't here. Neymar we have to wait for the 2 v 3 as Mahrez is late. He gets away with a lot here that Barca wouldn't take. He has massively improved last few games and is working harder but just can't see any truth in this yet.

13 hours ago, Viva said:

They need a very good player that would be happy to sit on the bench and wait for his chance. Riyad probably would accept this. No point spending double on Griezmann when he won't play every week. 

They can easily play Neymar Suarez Messi and Mahrez if Messi plays as a CAM (which he can do, well) 

M

10 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

See GC thread about our own city. As much as it has improved, Barcelona is one hell of a place to live.

Really?

The phrase, polishing a turd springs to mind..

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

Love Riyad but 2 things wrong with this. 35m no chance and Barca. You can't tell me they would sign a player who would cost way, way more than 35m who doesn't turn up on time for training. They will scout every aspect of a player not just talent. Lionel hold off on your shooting drill for a min Riyad still isn't here. Neymar we have to wait for the 2 v 3 as Mahrez is late. He gets away with a lot here that Barca wouldn't take. He has massively improved last few games and is working harder but just can't see any truth in this yet.

You serious? They bought Suarez while he was still banned for biting ffs

3 minutes ago, Lestoh said:

Because he raised Mahrez's conduct as a reason they wouldn't buy him? Did you even read his post?

Yeah

Barcelona wouldn't accept Riyad's apparent laziness and lack of professionalism, Suarez clearly doesn't have that issue. He's very driven and always wants to be the best and win. The fact that he likes having a little chomp on defenders sometimes doesn't really matter to them I imagine. 

he clearly wants to go to Barcelona, it would be a great loss but he is a marked man in the Premier League and has clearly not been at his best this season and nowhere near the form of last season. He is a very special player that on his day looks world class but can be frustrating at times and at Barcelona i imagine he won't be asked to defend like he has in this team which he must hate doing. he is a flair player and wants to do what he does best which is running at people and doing tricks and showboating and he can't do that much here wheaeas at Barcelona he will be able to do it all the time and play with truly world class players

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yeah

Barcelona wouldn't accept Riyad's apparent laziness and lack of professionalism, Suarez clearly doesn't have that issue. He's very driven and always wants to be the best and win. The fact that he likes having a little chomp on defenders sometimes doesn't really matter to them I imagine. 

Habits change. I refuse to accept that a club that can accept a player known for his bad conduct on the field would rule out Mahrez simply because he's turned up late to training a few timeslol

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yeah

The racist views he espoused would probably be covered by this, though.

Just now, Lestoh said:

Habits change. I refuse to accept that a club that can accept a player known for his bad conduct on the field would rule out Mahrez simply because he's turned up late to training a few timeslol

I think they'd rule him out because he's not good enough anyway. If he was one of the best in the world I'm sure they'd excuse his laziness to be fair.

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think they'd rule him out because he's not good enough anyway. If he was one of the best in the world I'm sure they'd excuse his laziness to be fair.

True. His kind of transfer is left for the likes of United where he'll turn shit and end up playing for Lyon by 2020

He gave us another season when he could have moved and signed a new contract so we didn't need to let him go for a fiver. He's not been playing as well this season but I think the move could be good for him. Having said that considering his age and the further potential he has £30m is a bit of a joke for a player they will get another 5 or 6 years out of and isn't injury prone,  £45m -£50m would be a little more appropriate in the current climate.

Gray would fill his shoes but the money would also provide the opportunity to bring in someone like Redmond who could be a great fit in the club.

It's always been Mahrez's dream to go to Barcelona. There was a mini-documentary by BBC where they intervied Mathias Pogba (Paul Pogba's older brother, and old roomate of Mahrez) about a year ago. He told them that Mahrez always told him that he'd go to Barcelona someday. I'd be happy for him if he went, because it's obviously always been his dream to play for the Catalans.  

Archived