Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

3 minutes ago, lcfcdylan said:

How could any leicester fan,not be a Mahrez fanboy?

There's a difference between being a fan of the club and only the player 

14 hours ago, the fox said:

how can you not want the club to give him an easier time if he decided to leave?a club legend and he did more than enough to get the treatment he deserves, same goes to kasper. i would like them to stay but i cant say that they don't deserve their big move

These days, an attribute such as "club legend" is thrown around too easily, too quickly and too early for my liking. But knowing who you are and where you're coming from, that's just your bias.

Yes, he's a great player, but our title win wasn't down to him (or Kanté, or Vardy, or Schmeichel) alone. Everyone played out of their skin and made the miracle happen. It's called teamwork.

The case with Schmeichel, however, is a different in my opinion. Been with the club for close to six years now and has oftentimes single-handedly kept us in games - and even scored against Yeovil. Making things happen up front is a collective effort, being able to keep a clean sheet is usually down to one man only.

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

At least when he does eventually go all these Mahrez fan boys will clear off from the forum. 

They should be grateful Leicester took a chance on him as they would have never knew who he was. 

I'm still waiting for a Quimper fan to put all these Mahrez manics, including the people who started to follow Le Havre as early as late 2015, in place by telling us how he knew from the start that the player would make it one day and that he is the founder of the first and only offical Mahrez fanclub.

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

These days, an attribute such as "club legend" is thrown around too easily, too quickly and too early for my liking. But knowing who you are and where you're coming from, that's just your bias.

Yes, he's a great player, but our title win wasn't down to him (or Kanté, or Vardy, or Schmeichel) alone. Everyone played out of their skin and made the miracle happen. It's called teamwork.

The case with Schmeichel, however, is a different in my opinion. Been with the club for close to six years now and has oftentimes single-handedly kept us in games - and even scored against Yeovil. Making things happen up front is a collective effort, being able to keep a clean sheet is usually down to one man only.

No he didn't. :whistle:

40 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

First Leicester City player to win the PFA player of the year 

Member  of the first team to ever win the Premiership (with 11 goals and 17 assists)

I feel like you're taking away too much credit from him, and this is coming without a bias. I would say the same about Vardy or Kante. 

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

At least when he does eventually go all these Mahrez fan boys will clear off from the forum. 

They should be grateful Leicester took a chance on him as they would have never knew who he was. 

Ofcourse we are grateful to Leicester for giving him a chance, but Algeria gave him a chance before then. ^^ He was actually called to the 2014 World Cup, so....

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

First Leicester City player to win the PFA player of the year 

Member  of the first team to ever win the Premiership (with 11 goals and 17 assists)

I feel like you're taking away too much credit from him, and this is coming without a bias. I would say the same about Vardy or Kante. 

Well, I've admitted that he's a great player. And I'll do it again. No one can take that away from him.

Whatever accolade he received for the 2015/2016 season, that was him carrying the team and the team carrying him in almost equal measures. A collective and organic team effort. Whether he (or any LCFC player) will ever be able to repeat that or top it remains to be seen. I am just grateful that I was able to witness one of the greatest stories in world or club football. And so should we all.

3 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Ofcourse we are grateful to Leicester for giving him a chance, but Algeria gave him a chance before then. ^^ He was actually called to the 2014 World Cup, so....

Well, that makes no sense at all.

2 minutes ago, Redouane said:

After playing well for Leicester who had signed him January 2014.

Had he ever played for Algeria before he had signed for Leicester? 

53 minutes ago, lcfcdylan said:

How could any leicester fan,not be a Mahrez fanboy?

How can you not be? I have no connection to Mahrez in terms of nationality or ethnicity. My only connection to him is through the spectacle (not necessarily the number of goals) he offers me when I watch him play. Which I enjoy so much. Very few players give my that awesome feeling. My connection to Leicester is the underdog story that I found so inspiring to me. So, should I go with my instincts and gut feelings or should I follow someone who is telling me tirelessly that Mahrez is just a bang average player. Could anyone say that about Messi with a straight face? Could anyone say that Messi is no more important than any other player in the Barca team?

Problem is that he's frustratingly unpredictable.

Sometimes he's very effective, including doing some subline trickery not many footballers can do.

But other time his performances can be laboured and hence the team gets affected.

I do wonder whether his attitude is all there or not at times, or just being too lazy to help the team out in occasions.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sometimes he's very effective, including doing some subline trickery not many footballers can do.

But other time his performances can be laboured and hence the team gets affected.

I do wonder whether his attitude is all there or not at times, or just being too lazy to help the team out in occasions.

Careful Wymes the fan boys will have ya ! ....    He's as good as Messi you know.

4 minutes ago, MattCan said:

No one is more spectacular in Leicester City than Mahrez. No one.

No one has been denigrated in this forum like Mahrez. No one.

There you have it.

And that's coming from people who have seen him play years before you came along.

11 minutes ago, MattCan said:

No one has been denigrated in this forum like Mahrez. No one.

You weren't here when Stephen Hughes was playing then (fairly obviously)

*waits for MattCan to google who Stephen Hughes is*

Archived