Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Apart from the last couple of games he's not done much for us this season!  We plucked him from obscurity, nurtured him in his first season, and he paid us last year with brilliant performances which assisted us greatly in winning the Premiership which was beyond belief,  but he was one part of a great team. Throughout all this, the club paid him handsomely for his services. Both the club's performance and his individual performances, led to a huge increase in his value  ( though his performances this season may also have lowered it a little also). Either way, the club owe him absolutely nothing as he's already been adequately rewarded in more than one way. He signed a contract and if he wants to leave (quite understandably if Barcelona come calling), then we should try and get the true market price. It's business, and we owe him nothing. There needs to be life after Marhez and any replacement will cost a huge chunk with risk attached. He would also have to up his game, get to training on time and improve his fitness if he is to stand any chance of getting in their side because as it stands at the moment, he's not good enough.

I knew you would come.

Just now, MattCan said:

I knew you would come.

Just for the record, it would be a sad loss but an understandable one as it would be a brilliant opportunity. I don't think any true Leicester fan would begrudge him such a chance and I for one would wish him well and follow his career, the world is his oyster as they say. But...they have high expectations and he just wouldn't get away with some of this season's performances and attitudes there. They have the luxury of having a number of quality alternatives chomping at the bit to provide competition. I've said a lot about him in the past that is not complimentary but I have always recognised that he has a very special talent, it was just some of the other stuff that went with it that I had a problem with. 

Mind you, I did laugh when I saw your comment and although we've perhaps disagreed about him in the past it's certainly nothing personal as I like your posts (and neither do I hate Ryhad either, he just frustrates me at times).

how can you not want the club to give him an easier time if he decided to leave?a club legend and he did more than enough to get the treatment he deserves, same goes to kasper. i would like them to stay but i cant say that they don't deserve their big move

Apart from the last two games he's not done much? Leave aside from goals he scored helping us to win the prem, he was also instrumental in the goals that got us into the quarter finals of the Champions League. What more does he need to do? Successfully match make you and Scarlett Johansson? Then he'll be what, your 7000th favourite Leicester City player? Give me strength.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

how can you not want the club to give him an easier time if he decided to leave?a club legend and he did more than enough to get the treatment he deserves, same goes to kasper. i would like them to stay but i cant say that they don't deserve their big move

Yes like because we had a clause that gave Chelsea the easy cheek to buy Kante for a paltry £ 30 million ? If it has to be  a so called bigger chance for these players then there has to be  much bigger sums of fees. As the greek philosopher said " the earlier in life you get  the applause , the easier it is to get an ambition mixed up with ability.  I will always wish them luck on the back of last season but I'll also kind of like it they fail.

I reckon he could be a great fit at barca. People forget that hes our one danger player. Teams have 2 even 3 men around him whenever he gets the ball making it very difficult for him to make an impact. He wont have this problem at barca. He'll have the same freedom as he did last year and in a league much less aggressive than the PL where he will thrive

I for one wish him the very best. Barca is a dream all players wish to achieve. Let's face it, we're not gonna offer him even a smidge of what barca can

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Yes like because we had a clause that gave Chelsea the easy cheek to buy Kante for a paltry £ 30 million ? If it has to be  a so called bigger chance for these players then there has to be  much bigger sums of fees. As the greek philosopher said " the earlier in life you get  the applause , the easier it is to get an ambition mixed up with ability.  I will always wish them luck on the back of last season but I'll also kind of like it they fail.

Totally agree. £50m each more or less for Sterling and Stones. Neither of them are likely to win PFA player of the year IMO.

If Mahrez is sold it should be for upwards of £50m.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

How about some chants of "Riyad Mahrez we want you to stay", maybe a banner. You never know, he might prefer to stay if he feels loved.

He stayed because I begged him to as he was being driven to the Everton match last year.

I'd like to see him stay for one more season. This one for whatever reason was crap and many players didn't really play to their real potential. But it if he wants to go and has a real opportunity then it's okay, even if I fallen in love with his left foot. Hopefully he'll give us more of his magic for the last games. Especially in the Champions League. 

On 07/02/2017 at 23:18, Struwwelpeter60 said:

He is not a Nr 10.

Never played in that position. Not here,

not in France, not in his national team.

For good reasons.

The few times on sunday, when he appeared

in the middle of the park, he looked like

someone, who had lost his bearings.

He is a winger. Period.

He's probably more of a right forward

7 hours ago, the fox said:

400K and his return was 3 goals shy of hazard's tally in the last 3 seasons(same number of assists), dont you think after what he DID for this club he deserves a special treatment?

Nope ...    I don't think he should get special treatment at all.     No more than anyone else.

7 hours ago, MattCan said:

Saying this to you pal ...    Bullshit

Let's also not forget what he did for the club. Wonder if you are here for football or just to slate Mahrez.

You can squark all you like pal but you're still talking cr@p ....      why single out one player and think we should treat him differently to all the rest ...   he was part of a team ..   part of a club ...   Leicester City Football Club.       And as for slating Mahrez ....     you're talking even more cr@p ! ...    haven't ever done that and why would I ! ...   he was part of the team that did the impossible and will live in my memory and Leicester folklore forever.   

Just now, Countryfox said:

Nope ...    I don't think he should get special treatment at all.     No more than anyone else.

a club legend,PFA player of the year, the best player on this team, a one who stayed for another season instead of handing in a transfer requast, a player how didnt demand a byuout clause should be treated like any other player? isnt that ungratful?

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

You can squark all you like pal but you're still talking cr@p ....      why single out one player and think we should treat him differently to all the rest ...   he was part of a team ..   part of a club ...   Leicester City Football Club.       And as for slating Mahrez ....     you're talking even more cr@p ! ...    haven't ever done that and why would I ! ...   he was part of the team that did the impossible and will live in my memory and Leicester folklore forever.   

Initially, I have made a general innocent comment about my hope to see the club understand Mahrez situation ... I would have said the same about another player in the same situation ... You replied insultingly and with no justification to my general comment by a single cr@p word: Codswallop ... You even repeated your cr@p in an ensuing post ...  The current page and the previous one are proofs for all to see ... After all that, you still come now to spin your cr@p around to make it look golden and spew out more bull$hit about how you value Mahrez ... My apologies to the readers for this post.

11 hours ago, foxes21 said:

who would we bring in to replace him?

If he goes then we'll need to sign 2 wingers. musa needs to be sold & kapustka will probably go out on loan, leaving us with albrighton & gray.

I'd just upgrade gray and give him a starting spot.. buy another young winger and repeat the cycle..

Archived