Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

51 minutes ago, the fox said:

Turning a new leaf with mahrez here.

Admittedly my metaphorical glasses were a bit "tinted" regarding riyad because of the immense poty season, but after i had a decent time thinking about him, I can say, if he has a bad game while the other players do well in the CL, then I'm all for benching him for gray, and my reasons are logical (enough).

if he is leaving this summer then I want gray to start ahead of him (if he is underperforming), and that's because I want to have the final verdict out on gray,  if he proves that he can carry the team (I know it is not fair to him, but what can you do?) Then the club shouldn't bring any expensive players to just hold him back.

Mahrez' gravity is undeniable, but, right now, gray with no end-product> mahrez with no end-product. So, mahrez needs to start producing or sadly, he will be dropped from the starting 11.

Dropping Mahrez is like dropping a magical spell which might - and often does - win you a match.

You can do it, and sometimes it's for the best, but you do it knowing you may have made a mistake.

I really don't think he's been bad at all recently. Not his unstoppable best but still a real threat. Opposition teams cack themselves when he's on the ball and his first touch is still the best in the division. 

4 hours ago, the fox said:

Thing is, i, No! we need him to control games more, to create more, to be like last season's mahrez because that is his strander, I have been critical of Gray's end-product but I can't lie, I want to see if he can produce giving a 3-4 game stretch of 70-80 minutes every game

What part of 2 goals and an assist in his last five games vs zero goals and zero assists in his last five games are you failing to grasp?

• 2 weeks later...

In a team that wouldn't really on him tracking back all the time, yes he really would be special.

You look at possesion based teams and the way they pass and move, then compare that to our 'pass and move' standards. The trouble is with Mahrez this year for us is that teams realise that if you stop Mahrez you more than likely stop Leicester, whereas if he was in a team with more creative players (like man city, chelsea etc) he would flourish as the emphasis wouldn't be on him (take last year for an example when he was still pretty unknown).

19 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

In a team that wouldn't really on him tracking back all the time, yes he really would be special.

You look at possesion based teams and the way they pass and move, then compare that to our 'pass and move' standards. The trouble is with Mahrez this year for us is that teams realise that if you stop Mahrez you more than likely stop Leicester, whereas if he was in a team with more creative players (like man city, chelsea etc) he would flourish as the emphasis wouldn't be on him (take last year for an example when he was still pretty unknown).

Pretty much. This is why I can still see the big clubs coming in for him. He was amazing last season but I think he could be even better in a team where the players don't either poo their pants when the ball comes to them or they just fall over lol 

its definitely a legacy match for him. I truly think that if he brings his A game and get us to the semifinals he will be remembered as the best Leicester player in this era by many (including me).

Please mahrez, leave it all in the king power, it could probably be his last European match in the city shirt and he should honor his time here with a heroic performance.

COYF!!:scarf::scarf:

56 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

37 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Pretty much. This is why I can still see the big clubs coming in for him. He was amazing last season but I think he could be even better in a team where the players don't either poo their pants when the ball comes to them or they just fall over lol 

In a team full of quality players teams could not double team him. If they did they would leave another quality player to do the business.

Get a quality RB and a quality CAM he would look great for us. He could not be double teamed so much.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Yeah, management will definitely sell him off this year. No point in paying such high wages for a player that is unable to contribute as much anymore. Plus, that transfer fee can be better used elsewhere. 

28 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Yeah, management will definitely sell him off this year. No point in paying such high wages for a player that is unable to contribute as much anymore. Plus, that transfer fee can be better used elsewhere. 

The tranfer fee, can be used elsewhere..if we keep him, and invest in an attacking midfielder..

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

He's speaking German so I doubt it lol

Would love somebody who speaks Deutsch to translate that for us.

Immigrant Deutsch Rap is not my preferred taste of music, and the video only supports my notion.

It's also tough to follow the rhymes because they swallow a large part of the lyrics, making it almost unintelligible.

Suffice to say, the refrain is "Überraschung wie Leicester - surprise like Leicester". :whistle:

23 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Riyad's going to absolutely **** them tonight. 

I wish that was true, but think he will be marked out the game again, as well as Vardy. Goals are going to have to come from elsewhere I suspect. 

Fuchs and Morgan.. 

Just now, STUHILL said:

I wish that was true, but think he will be marked out the game again, as well as Vardy. Goals are going to have to come from elsewhere I suspect. 

Fuchs and Morgan.. 

They can come from ****ing ISIS for all I care as long as we win. 

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Must keep him.

Without him, the attacking unit here would probably be toothless?

Gutted that he didn't pass it earlier, but people accusing him of the Madrid goal are weird, the play stopped and he was actually there defending and tracking back.

9 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Must keep him.

Without him, the attacking unit here would probably be toothless?

Agreed but we have to free him from defensive duties of a typical flat 4-4-2 as he should have closed down Luiz's cross and he should also be further up the pitch and not have to be back defending, which he doesn't do that well anyway. 

Let's see how he does in this formation change now :thumbup:

51 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Regarding the Mahrez/Gray argument....neither should have played in Atletico....or started tonight.

Look at Atletico, not a single attack minded player in midfield.

So we play King or Amartey instead? They had a 1-0 lead to protect and Griezman up front for god sake who creates his own chances. Sorry, but that comparison doesn't make sense.

Archived