Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

6 minutes ago, MattCan said:

So, Stephen Hughes was a PFA POTY who was denigrated this much? You are brutal.

lol yes he was. He was an absolute belter of a player!

We won't see the likes of him around here anymore (thankfully)

If you think Mahrez winning those accolade was all his own work and nothing to do with any of his team mates then you really do have your head wedged up his arse further than I thought.

All the best to whichever team you go to 'support' next :schmike:

If you think about Paul Pogba he had a mare of a season at Manure they sold him his performances got better and better and had to buy him back for £90m+, the same could be said about Mahrez he had a blinder of a season last year and also running into the great escape season and now he's been below par getting bettter so whoever Manure Arsenhole etc come in for £32m we should tell them to FUCH off and ask for at least £50m.

Mahrez has shown us how brilliant he can be then again he's shown us how awful he can be,but I for one feel if we lose him for £32m as we did do with Kante it'll be like being mugged all over again !!

Hes got 3 years left on his contract so let's see in the summer where he'll be ??

9 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

If you think Mahrez winning those accolade was all his own work and nothing to do with any of his team mates then you really do have your head wedged up his arse further than I thought.

I personally never said that Mahrez was the SOLE reason Leicester won the title, but he deffinetly was among the three players that made a difference. You can't deny that. 

Vardy finishes like a boss, mahrez creates chances like a boss, and kante recuperates the balls whenever they are lost (coz I admit, Mahrez loses the ball alot). Without these three players, Leicester could not have won the title. But that's not to say that the other members of the squad were not important, it's just thatt they weren't as important. 

9 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

Well, you can't take away that from him. Thank Goodness. 

Spectacular footballers (like Mahrez, Isco, Robben, etc.) are what I watch and support. I wish someone as outrageous as Garrincha (the Brazilian) would show up again.

30 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

These days, an attribute such as "club legend" is thrown around too easily, too quickly and too early for my liking. But knowing who you are and where you're coming from, that's just your bias.

Yes, he's a great player, but our title win wasn't down to him (or Kanté, or Vardy, or Schmeichel) alone. Everyone played out of their skin and made the miracle happen. It's called teamwork.

The case with Schmeichel, however, is a different in my opinion. Been with the club for close to six years now and has oftentimes single-handedly kept us in games - and even scored against Yeovil. Making things happen up front is a collective effort, being able to keep a clean sheet is usually down to one man only.

In my opinion he's a legend because of what he became at our club, irrespective of bias. He came for £400k from nowhere and with the help of Leicester, he became the first player of the season in the Premiership that we've ever had. You can say we enabled that, but ultimately his own ability, talent and hard work made him the player that he is, and the player that played a huge role in returning a premier league trophy to us. You're right about the teamwork, but you sound disgruntled with the fact that he aspires to play for the biggest and best football club in the world. No reason whatsoever to stop him from reaching his own dreams, as he contributed so much in making ours come true. 

7 hours ago, MPH said:

I'd just upgrade gray and give him a starting spot.. buy another young winger and repeat the cycle..

We'd become heavily reliant on Albrighton to create chances for our strikers. Gray doesn't have the vision or technique to be a creative outlet like Mahrez. Relying on Albrighton to create chances, as good as he is, will leave us in the bottom half of the table. With our style of play, the wingers are the playmakers & Gray isn't a playmaker.

47 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

In my opinion he's a legend because of what he became at our club, irrespective of bias. He came for £400k from nowhere and with the help of Leicester, he became the first player of the season in the Premiership that we've ever had. You can say we enabled that, but ultimately his own ability, talent and hard work made him the player that he is, and the player that played a huge role in returning a premier league trophy to us. You're right about the teamwork, but you sound disgruntled with the fact that he aspires to play for the biggest and best football club in the world. No reason whatsoever to stop him from reaching his own dreams, as he contributed so much in making ours come true. 

Mahrez to Leicester was a shrewd move at the time and all I can say is that it clicked for both the player and the club. That he's gotten this far is down to him prospering in this environment and us prospering in the past two, three years can be in parts deducted back to Mahrez' impact.

I'm not disgruntled in any way or form about Mahrez possibly moving on to better and bigger things. I hope he sees out his contract at least and continues to swoon the masses at the King Power. I'd be somewhat sad to see him leave but you'd have to think it's more or less inevitable (at some stage). If he goes to a club like Barcelona, I'd be massively proud, too. When's the last time you were able to witness a transfer of such proportions?

What gets me is newbies, fairweather fans and player fanboys trying to tell lifelong Leicester fans how good Mahrez really is when they've seen a lot less of him. They know Mahrez in his current form or prime, not the player we've see growing and becoming what he is today. But that's not just the case with Mahrez, mind.

Guest Mee-9

Whatever we get for Mahrez should he leave it will be ridiculous profit for the guy.

When the big clubs come calling, I don't envy the guy, neither do I think we should hold him back. He's been fantastic for us, if he wanted to leave us for Barca then fair play. 

4 hours ago, MattCan said:

How can you not be? I have no connection to Mahrez in terms of nationality or ethnicity. My only connection to him is through the spectacle (not necessarily the number of goals) he offers me when I watch him play. Which I enjoy so much. Very few players give my that awesome feeling. My connection to Leicester is the underdog story that I found so inspiring to me. So, should I go with my instincts and gut feelings or should I follow someone who is telling me tirelessly that Mahrez is just a bang average player. Could anyone say that about Messi with a straight face? Could anyone say that Messi is no more important than any other player in the Barca team?

I don't think many here think of Mahrez as bang average.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

These days, an attribute such as "club legend" is thrown around too easily, too quickly and too early for my liking. But knowing who you are and where you're coming from, that's just your bias.

Yes, he's a great player, but our title win wasn't down to him (or Kanté, or Vardy, or Schmeichel) alone. Everyone played out of their skin and made the miracle happen. It's called teamwork.

if you don't think mahrez is a club legend then something is wrong with you

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I don't think many here think of Mahrez as bang average.

:thumbup:  I was referring to the vocal sizable minority among FT posters that you couldn't have missed on this site (please see context).

Most of the Leicester fans I know adore Mahrez.

What gets me is newbies, fairweather fans and player fanboys trying to tell lifelong Leicester fans how good Mahrez really is when they've seen a lot less of him. They know Mahrez in his current form or prime, not the player we've see growing and becoming what he is today. But that's not just the case with Mahrez, mind.

about newbies, just because you are a senior doesn't mean your opinion is the right one

about the fairweather comment, how do you know? me and @MattCan were here when the team struggled, and until mahrez leaves, you have no right to call people "fairweather" and "fanboys"

i was watching him since 2014, did you hear about him before that?

49 minutes ago, MattCan said:

:thumbup:  I was referring to the vocal sizable minority among FT posters that you couldn't have missed on this site (please see context).

Most of the Leicester fans I know adore Mahrez.

Come on then you clown let's have a few examples of this 'sizeable' minority who have said that Mahrez is bang average ....

Ready when you are.

39 minutes ago, the fox said:

about newbies, just because you are a senior doesn't mean your opinion is the right one

about the fairweather comment, how do you know? me and @MattCan were here when the team struggled, and until mahrez leaves, you have no right to call people "fairweather" and "fanboys"

i was watching him since 2014, did you hear about him before that?

I'm neither a "senior" nor am I saying my opinion is the right one. It's just an opinion. Period.

The fact that you're replying shows that you take my comment personal. Which is not my problem, but I guess I've got a point there.

I'll be somewhat sad to see Mahrez leave this club, but I'm surely delighted to see you leave to perform your online antics on Mahrez' future club's main forum.

A lot of people on FT have been on here or the original LCFC messageboard ever since we were in various difficulties, going as far back as our financial struggles in 2003ish and during the turgid Championship days before we got relegated to League One.

There has been a ton of new "fans" ever since we won the league. Personally, I find the exposure that we're getting or have gotten since late 2015/early 2016 somewhat fascinating and positive. Being recognized after years and decades of living in the shadows does feel good and I'm sure many true and lifelong fans of this club share the sentiment.

But what comes with that increased exposure is loads of people who only follow us for the glory, for certain players. Few of them seem to be interested in the club or its history.

The LCFC Facebook page is full of them.

And yes - most of us here heard of Mahrez in late 2013 for the first time, when there was talks of him being on our club's radar.

Personally, I'm not much into dick-measuring contests. If you seek one, please seek your solace elsewhere. Thanks.

I'm neither a "senior" nor am I saying my opinion is the right one. It's just an opinion. Period.

1-The fact that you're replying shows that you take my comment personal. Which is not my problem, but I guess I've got a point there.

I'll be somewhat sad to see Mahrez leave this club, 2- but I'm surely delighted to see you leave to perform your online antics on Mahrez' future club's main forum.

3-A lot of people on FT have been on here or the original LCFC messageboard ever since we were in various difficulties, going as far back as our financial struggles in 2003ish and during the turgid Championship days before we got relegated to League One.

There has been a ton of new "fans" ever since we won the league. Personally, I find the exposure that we're getting or have gotten since late 2015/early 2016 somewhat fascinating and positive. Being recognized after years and decades of living in the shadows does feel good and I'm sure many true and lifelong fans of this club share the sentiment.

But what comes with that increased exposure is loads of people who 4-only follow us for the glory, for certain players. 5-Few of them seem to be interested in the club or its history.

The LCFC Facebook page is full of them.

And yes - most of us here heard of Mahrez in late 2013 for the first time, when there was talks of him being on our club's radar.

1-don't say i'm taking your comments personal when you are calling people "fairweather" and such, never had a problem with you nor i quoted you(as long as i can remember) before you, for no reason replied to me with an aggressive and patronizing tone

On 3/8/2017 at 17:12, MC Prussian said:

Ok, so why don't you invade the Barça forum with your Algerian jokes then?

how about that for taking it personal?

2-too bad for you, i'm here to stay!

3-how you and others being here since 2004 my problem?

4-the first 6-7 months of this season sure were glorious, missing the clasico for a dreadful leicester performance sure was glorious :facepalm:

5-and how is them being interested in only mahrez my problem?, or do you generalize your views based on the actions of some in said group

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Come on then you clown let's have a few examples of this 'sizeable' minority who have said that Mahrez is bang average ....

Ready when you are.

So as I suspected you can't reply cus you are talking rubbish ...     Your response has been removed as it was nasty and personal.   I however am not one to bear a grudge and if you ever actually come to Leicester to watch a match please let me know ...     I'd love to meet up and have a good old chat on all things football ....     Don't hesitate to pm me and we could sort something out.     Hopefully see you soon bud.      :thumbup:

32 minutes ago, the fox said:

1-don't say i'm taking your comments personal when you are calling people "fairweather" and such, never had a problem with you nor i quoted you(as long as i can remember) before you, for no reason replied to me with an aggressive and patronizing tone

how about that for taking it personal?

2-too bad for you, i'm here to stay!

3-how you and others being here since 2004 my problem?

4-the first 6-7 months of this season sure were glorious, missing the clasico for a dreadful leicester performance sure was glorious :facepalm:

5-and how is them being interested in only mahrez my problem?, or do you generalize your views based on the actions of some in said group

Fact is we have amassed tons of fairweather fans, people who are only in for the glory or who solely follow players and couldn't care less about the club.

The LCFC Facebook page has exploded from something in the region of 1 to 2 million to now 6.8 million in the space of a year and a half! You browse through the posts on there and think to yourself "What are they on?".

If you think my tone is aggressive and/or patronizing then I dread to think how touchy you are in real life. :unsure: I'm not here to alienate people.

But for someone who openly followed Mahrez since early 2014 only to sign up in December 2015 to me is giving a lot of things away, in particular as it coincides with us topping the table (and never looking back), whilst being touted "Champions material" for the first time that season.

As for taking it personal and the FT history lesson, my point is that we've seen a lot more struggles and torrid times than you're ever likely to see. Struggling near the bottom of the Premier League table is nothing compared to struggling to survive in the Championship or getting relegated to the third tier for the first time ever.

Again, you're taking things personal when I'm talking about a group in general. Following Leicester means it's never going to be boring and if you think we'd repeat last season's heroics, then you've got to live with that yourself.

Like I've said, I'll gladly check up on you in the extreme case one of the most gifted players we've ever had should leave the club. If you're here to stay, good on you. Looking forward to more input in all things non-Algerian concerned. :thumbup:

The  press s  relying news about two offers made  to get the  services of mahrez one from Liverpool and e second is  fom the  Catalan giant  barcelona  and Liverpool can level it to 50 m £ but not  sure for Barcelona 

Three conditions if he pays in the EPL

1- cannot play when Leicester city face his new team

2- if he must feature against leceister city , he is not allowed to score a  Chelsea goal or a man city goal 

3- as  a bonus any own goal from him when he play against Leicester  city  is  more than welcomed 

PS    Mahrez has been a performer since he  came to  Leicester in january  2014 and was a  brilliant footballer and was  approached ligue 1 big clubs  but  as you know he s atypical footballer ( street genius ) and this caracteistic made him potty and the 7 th best player in the world in 2016 and is  making sports  experts  to revisit the canons of the  modern football in order to get new insights to renew our vision and rekindle the heart of football creativity 

Mahrez is destined  to rewrite the modern football and he  know it nd he  is above/ different from messi 

T he controle and first  touch and pass to vardy to score against man city is one  facet of his multifaceted skills

6 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

The  press s  relying news about two offers made  to get the  services of mahrez one from Liverpool and e second is  fom the  Catalan giant  barcelona  and Liverpool can level it to 50 m £ but not  sure for Barcelona 

Three conditions if he pays in the EPL

1- cannot play when Leicester city face his new team

2- if he must feature against leceister city , he is not allowed to score a  Chelsea goal or a man city goal 

3- as  a bonus any own goal from him when he play against Leicester  city  is  more than welcomed 

PS    Mahrez has been a performer since he  came to  Leicester in january  2014 and was a  brilliant footballer and was  approached ligue 1 big clubs  but  as you know he s atypical footballer ( street genius ) and this caracteistic made him potty and the 7 th best player in the world in 2016 and is  making sports  experts  to revisit the canons of the  modern football in order to get new insights to renew our vision and rekindle the heart of football creativity 

Mahrez is destined  to rewrite the modern football and he  know it nd he  is above/ different from messi 

T he controle and first  touch and pass to vardy to score against man city is one  facet of his multifaceted skills

Is this his Algeria Wikipedia write up?

Fact is we have amassed tons of fairweather fans, people who are only in for the glory or who solely follow players and couldn't care less about the club.

The LCFC Facebook page has exploded from something in the region of 1 to 2 million to now 6.8 million in the space of a year and a half! You browse through the posts on there and think to yourself "What are they on?".

If you think my tone is aggressive and/or patronizing then I dread to think how touchy you are in real life. :unsure: I'm not here to alienate people.

2-But for someone who openly followed Mahrez since early 2014 only to sign up in December 2015 to me is giving a lot of things away, in particular as it coincides with us topping the table (and never looking back), whilst being touted "Champions material" for the first time that season.

3-As for taking it personal and the FT history lesson, my point is that we've seen a lot more struggles and torrid times than you're ever likely to see. Struggling near the bottom of the Premier League table is nothing compared to struggling to survive in the Championship or getting relegated to the third tier for the first time ever.

Again, you're taking things personal when I'm talking about a group in general. Following Leicester means it's never going to be boring and 4- if you think we'd repeat last season's heroics, then you've got to live with that yourself.

Like I've said, I'll gladly check up on you in the extreme case one of the most gifted players we've ever had should leave the club. If you're here to stay, good on you. Looking forward to more input in all things non-Algerian concerned. :thumbup:

1-honestly, didn't go to the LCFC facebook page in ages, believe it or not, i find it insufrible, i know people used to go to facebook for football discussions but like most things on facebook, it is too far gone to be saved, foxestalk is where it's at.lol

2-didn't know such forum existed, it's not like you get a memo or anything, plus, a lot of life long leicester fans signed up as late as this month

3-i understand and respect what you and others here went through:thumbup:

4- what are you talking about? we are winning the champions league:P

5-but what about slimani? jk, like i said to thracian, i will be PM'ing you after mahrez and slimani leave.looking forward to that:schmike:

Archived