Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

Just now, Almo-Fox said:

Mahrez is destined  to rewrite the modern football and he  know it nd he  is above/ different from messi 

as the president of the RM26 ( the official unofficial mahrez fanboys) club, and on behalf of all the members i would like to say we had nothing to do with such statement, actually we would like to condone itlol

On 3/23/2017 at 13:56, MPH said:

It would also give him a lot more space... he wouldn't be the one to man mark  or kick out of the game....

Agreed. I honestly think that is the main cause for his fatigue/nonchalant play this year. Its difficult to play when the whole of the other team's defense is thrown at you.

What I want to see from any potential Mahrez deal is us using the money we get for him to upgrade our defense and wing options. I like Demarai Gray but I still think we are a few world class players away from being a real contender in the Prem League.

1 minute ago, USFox said:

What I want to see from any potential Mahrez deal is us using the money we get for him to upgrade our defense and wing options. I like Demarai Gray but I still think we are a few world class players away from being a real contender in the Prem League.

40million from Mahrez plus another 50-60million from the owners and we could get 5 (£20million rated) top players in, that would transform the back 4 and give us more creative flair in midfield and make us a real force in the Premier League. 

We will probably end up spending about half of that and only bring in 2-3 but would be great to aim high and go after 5 or so top players. 

12 hours ago, foxes21 said:

We'd become heavily reliant on Albrighton to create chances for our strikers. Gray doesn't have the vision or technique to be a creative outlet like Mahrez. Relying on Albrighton to create chances, as good as he is, will leave us in the bottom half of the table. With our style of play, the wingers are the playmakers & Gray isn't a playmaker.

Grey has the same amount of assists this season as Mahrez and has had 1/4 of the  game time as him...

his strengths are different for sure, but give him some proper and regular game time  and he coild

improve even more

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Grey has the same amount of assists this season as Mahrez and has had 1/4 of the  game time as him...

his strengths are different for sure, but give him some proper and regular game time  and he coild

improve even more

1-aren't both his assists from corners?
2-having assists does not mean that you are a playmaker, costa has 5 assists this season,lukaku has 6 and zlatan has 7 does that mean  they are playmakers?

13 hours ago, Almo-Fox said:

The  press s  relying news about two offers made  to get the  services of mahrez one from Liverpool and e second is  fom the  Catalan giant  barcelona  and Liverpool can level it to 50 m £ but not  sure for Barcelona 

Three conditions if he pays in the EPL

1- cannot play when Leicester city face his new team

2- if he must feature against leceister city , he is not allowed to score a  Chelsea goal or a man city goal 

3- as  a bonus any own goal from him when he play against Leicester  city  is  more than welcomed 

PS    Mahrez has been a performer since he  came to  Leicester in january  2014 and was a  brilliant footballer and was  approached ligue 1 big clubs  but  as you know he s atypical footballer ( street genius ) and this caracteistic made him potty and the 7 th best player in the world in 2016 and is  making sports  experts  to revisit the canons of the  modern football in order to get new insights to renew our vision and rekindle the heart of football creativity 

Mahrez is destined  to rewrite the modern football and he  know it nd he  is above/ different from messi 

T he controle and first  touch and pass to vardy to score against man city is one  facet of his multifaceted skills

Did benn write this

9 hours ago, the fox said:

2-having assists does not mean that you are a playmaker, costa has 5 assists this season,lukaku has 6 and zlatan has 7 does that mean  they are playmakers?

Cross from the left vs Sunderland for Okazaki's goal and cross from the right for Ulloa's goal vs Stoke. He's also got a few others from set pieces I believe.

11 hours ago, the fox said:

I wouldnt say Mahrez is a playmaker either really... ihis main assest is taking people on and scoring goals.. yes his passing can be sublime but i would say its more drinkwater who pulls the strings in the middle of the park... besides, pretty sure i read we were supposedly back in for the playmaker we were after in the summer..

On 03/26/2017 at 11:50, foxes21 said:

We'd become heavily reliant on Albrighton to create chances for our strikers. Gray doesn't have the vision or technique to be a creative outlet like Mahrez. Relying on Albrighton to create chances, as good as he is, will leave us in the bottom half of the table. With our style of play, the wingers are the playmakers & Gray isn't a playmaker.

Very good point, although Gray is young. His skillset isn't set in stone. And our little Cabbage may fit into the picture.

All this talk of Mahrez leaving is shite though. It may happen. But the man had been pivotal in our greatest achievements. Not only that--he seems a true gent too. I'll be gutted to see him go. I'm looking forward to seeing him play again in blue.

58 minutes ago, brucey said:

Riyad just posted this randomly today 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

Answer: probably nothing

If his passion for Leicester is as powerful as his passion for playing for a national team in honour of his departed father... I'd say it's a good thing?

Just now, Foxxed said:

If his passion for Leicester is as powerful as his passion for playing for a national team in honour of his departed father... I'd say it's a good thing?

He probably just liked the fanart tbh..

The comments on the post are full of Algerians posting photoshopped (and non-photoshopped) pics of him in Barca kit :D

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

He probably just liked the fanart tbh..

The comments on the post are full of Algerians posting photoshopped (and non-photoshopped) pics of him in Barca kit :D

I shan't miss the Albanian fans when he's shifted on. That much is for certain. 

1 hour ago, brucey said:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

Never been on his Facebook page before. Nearly 1 million fans, Heidi! :blink: Could do a bit better in terms of promoting himself. All a bit random.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

It means he loves Leicester slightly more than he loves Algeria, it's 50/50 all the way until you get to the socks.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It means he loves Leicester slightly more than he loves Algeria, it's 50/50 all the way until you get to the socks.

Went out of his way to give his left leg to us. How lovely :blush:

On 3/26/2017 at 18:58, STUHILL said:

40million from Mahrez plus another 50-60million from the owners and we could get 5 (£20million rated) top players in, that would transform the back 4 and give us more creative flair in midfield and make us a real force in the Premier League. 

We will probably end up spending about half of that and only bring in 2-3 but would be great to aim high and go after 5 or so top players. 

That would be wonderful. The goal I'm thinking of is raising our stock. People need to buy more Leicester shirts, gear, and tickets in order for the club to be able to get into the big league in terms of spenders (maybe not Man U's level, but on par with the other bigs). I want us to be able to focus on developing youth and pairing them with 5-6 old but gold players that can mentor them. Imagine Pedro helping Gray learn how to run with the ball and make proper through passes or Fabregas working with Mendy and N'didi on how to run the CMF.  Would be wonderful to have a group of 5-6 players that are all marketed at around $30-40 mill in the next 2-3 years. Heck even Slimani was worth around $33 million.

Archived