Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

You can almost sense the disappointment from the left he's not white.

Looks about white to me from the pictures, even with the name that he has - and he's certainly seemed to want to further the supremacist cause. I'd hope that, in this particular case, most of the left would be focusing on who his intended targets were, who he supported, and therefore who may have inspired him to carry out these attacks rather than his skin colour tbh.

Still, if we're generalising, I can also sense the disappointment from the right that it turns out the guy is (likely) a steadfast Trump supporter.

10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Looks about white to me from the pictures.

Haha I'm bringing that one back in the future.

Is he seriously white? Cesar Sayoc is surely Hispanic? Not that it actually matters - reading his record I'm surprised he's walking the streets. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Is he seriously white? Cesar Sayoc is surely Hispanic? Not that it actually matters - reading his record I'm surprised he's walking the streets. 

:D

Could be Filipino too - I've heard that possibility being mooted. Though like I said, he's clearly doing this for the furtherment of Trump's cause - whether that also contributes to white supremacy in this case I guess is up to the individual.

And yes, I'm amazed he hasn't been booked before - there's a whole slew of Twitter records surfacing now showing how he's threatened influential figures on there as well as all the previous he's got, I'm surprised he wasn't being watched enough that he could make this happen.

The images I've seen have all been of a white-skinned individual.  I'll leave the debate over whether that's of any actual importance or whether it's enough to put him in the "white" category to people who feel more strongly about it.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Yes he is white, apparently a white supremacist

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've ran out of things to say Mac really.

For some reason it especially upsets me when these things happen at a place of worship.

Agreed.

The only thing I'll add is that I believe the reasons for such happening right now, however, are very obvious.

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Trump says if only they'd been armed inside the synogogue, the numbers would have been different.

He is a fuc*ing idiot.

I hate his stance on guns. Also saying teachers should be armed, it's a fvcking mental attitude.

Trump: "If they had protection inside, the results would have been far better"

It's not a game you fvckin imbecile. Taking about the number murdered as results makes me sick.

• Like 4

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's not a game you fvckin imbecile. Taking about the number murdered as results makes me sick.

Every time I think I've heard it all from him, he goes and says something like that. Boggles my mind that he could be in charge of anything, let alone a country.

Saying today he's going to circumvent the U.S. Constitution by abolishing birthright citizenship, which has existed here since 1866 via the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Says he is going to do so via executive order. Good Lord.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Saying today he's going to circumvent the U.S. Constitution by abolishing birthright citizenship, which has existed here since 1866 via the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Says he is going to do so via executive order. Good Lord.

Well, he'd need an Amendment itself to do that, I would think.

Unless his newly loaded Supreme Court decides that an executive order can override the Constitution and precedent goes from there...that might get interesting.

40 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Well, he'd need an Amendment itself to do that, I would think.

Unless his newly loaded Supreme Court decides that an executive order can override the Constitution and precedent goes from there...that might get interesting.

He does, but it's not about that - it's a ploy to rally the base ahead of mid-terms. He's scared of losing seats in the House and Senate. It's also to play on fears about the "caravan" - already deployed 5,000 troops to the border. You'd think it was an actual invasion or something.

9 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

He does, but it's not about that - it's a ploy to rally the base ahead of mid-terms. He's scared of losing seats in the House and Senate. It's also to play on fears about the "caravan" - already deployed 5,000 troops to the border. You'd think it was an actual invasion or something.

Yeah, of course this is primarily dog-whistling to get his voter base out there for the midterms - he knows he likely needs a bit of a boost there.