Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

11 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

is he going to Forest? :fc:

Well he was managing to fvck Derby up until he allegedly butted the chairman, so i would be happy to see him fvck Forest up, so let us hope so.

As long as he doesn`t end up here i`m happy.

It's a strange call for Pearson to return.

A lot went on in both times he has been at the helm, good and bad.

Out of the managers listed he would be a safer bet than most.

He may be able to restore some of what is lost from last season, the intensity, the fight and a willingness to play as a team rather than individual accolades etc.

The Thais will know a totally different face for the "King Power" brand, he will be completely different to Ranieri.

But Pearson came with his 2 amigos, One is now at Everton and Shakey still remains.

Is Pearsons work behind the scenes totally dismantled? different staff? Will he cope with the extra pressure of the media and fans?

Will Rudkin maybe have a more hands on role in his dealings day to day?

Its a decision the powers at the top must make, but they must think wisely as Pearson will definately divide opinion.

His cult never did disband did it!

They just hid away quietly while Ranieri was winning the league with players that Pearson could never dream of getting to play to that level for 38 games, and have now come out of the woodwork again, salivating and rubbing their hands with sweaty glee at the prospect of being able to lick their messiahs arse again!

5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Do one mate absolutely no need you are so pathetic it's beyond belief.

Yeah only post something if youre in love with him. I agree with you he should know the rules.

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

mate I know this is your worst nightmare but if you ain't got nothing nice to say don't say it ta

Given the fact I didn't say anything, and it's something I posted probably a week after it actually happened, there's no need to turn into a crybaby about it. It's funny. The Ian line - it's funny. Loosen up, that way when he doesn't come, you won't be so upset about it.

While I hope we do look elseewhere. Nigel's work for this club was outstanding. How can a Leicester fan not respect him. Do people forget where we were before we came. Th amount of false dawns. The poor signings. If you don't want him, fine but give the man the respect he deserves, his contribution to this club was on par with any other manager who you probably do hold in high esteem. 

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

mate I know this is your worst nightmare but if you ain't got nothing nice to say don't say it ta

lol pity that doesnt extend to managers who cant do media without making it like pulling teeth like your hero

12 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Wonder if you extended that courtesy to Ranieri? I highly doubt it.

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Don't bother replying mate, that fella is highly emotional!

lollol I love the way you little Pearson wallies have to stick together at all costs too, like little hunger striking suffragettes desperately protecting their idol

9 minutes ago, Donut said:

lollol I love the way you little Pearson wallies have to stick together at all costs too, like little hunger striking suffragettes desperately protecting their idol

I think the 'Pearson wallies' are in the majority - fans who value a manager's achievements at LCFC over their own opinions of the mans character........

And for the record I think NP is a good bloke too.

9 hours ago, smudger63 said:

His cult never did disband did it!

They just hid away quietly while Ranieri was winning the league with players that Pearson could never dream of getting to play to that level for 38 games, and have now come out of the woodwork again, salivating and rubbing their hands with sweaty glee at the prospect of being able to lick their messiahs arse again!

Did you expect fans who respected what Gillies did to stop reminiscing during the Bloomfield and Wallace eras? Or the Bloomfield, or even Little-era fans to stop banging on when O'Neill was in charge? Or the O'Neill fans to shut up during Adams and Pearson?

It's not a cult. It's respecting a very important manager. I'd expect any fan to do that. I also questioned him - a lot - while he was boss. But history shows that he took us up two divisions, kept us up, and assembled a side which would win the league a year after he left. You'd have to be horrendously ungrateful, or stubborn, not to love a manager who did that at Leicester City, just as you'd be incredibly ungrateful to dismiss Ranieri's contribution, or have anything other than the utmost respect for what he did. I had to swallow my pride over Pearson and admit that at times I'd been misguided when I argued with Babylon, or whoever else, about him. Why can't a few others just accept that they might, at some point in time, have got things wrong?

The number one criticism I keep seeing is that Pearson's press conferences. If that's a real priority, then apart from the fact that Mourinho and Ferguson would also not have been wanted here based on that criteria, I can only imagine that we'll end up looking for the wrong things in our managers. Perhaps people are buying into the fairy-tale too much, forgetting the role people who weren't as cuddly and loveable as Claudio had in it. Including Pearson, of course. 

As for whether he should return, there are pros and cons. He ticks a few key boxes which few other candidates don't: he has experience of PL survival, and promotion should things go wrong. And he will take less time than others to learn about what he's got on offer. On the other hand, there's a good chance that nobody at board level will want him back, that he'll take too long - as he sometimes does - to assess the newer options, and we should also remember that he'll most likely be without Walsh, which could be significant. On top of that, we might be over-stating the extent to which the players want him back. I'm not convinced that Albrighton, Drinkwater and Simpson, for instance, cared all that much for Pearson.

The nonsense about 'never going back' (we already did that once with exactly the same manager and it worked out beautifully, so that's entirely irrelevant), or press conferences, or people simply not liking Pearson because he's a bit abrasive, adds nothing to the argument that he shouldn't return. In fact, those arguments are so irrational and bitter that they actually strengthen the argument for him to return.

I think if Pearson came back Walsh would return too.

Plenty of stories about Walsh not being happy at Everton a couple of months back.

Presumably however this would spell the end for Rudkin and for that reason I don't see it happening. Turkeys, Christmas etc.

Archived