Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Can we continue to carry Mahrez?

15 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Don't see the logic of that at all. Grey's a work in progress and that was abundantly clear last night. What Grey has now achieved is to be an accepted part of the first team group and the trust in him as a alternative weapon is growing.

Last night he made one wonderful run but he didn't have the strength or raw pace to break completely clear, didn't have the immediate support with his team-mates flagging and eventually slipped and fell like a racehorse in sight of the winning line.

Not gret by any means but he did what he'd principally been brought on to which was releive the pressure when he could and add a bit of much-needed energy to our midfield covering at a time when Liverpool were dominating possession.

Mahrez by that time had already set up one goal and nearly a second which is what a winger is mostly about... creating and scoring goals. Grey did fine but one look at the record shows there's no comparing the danger they each pose.        

He needs dropping to get a reaction out of him. Worst city player on the pitch last night for me. Doesn't play the pass quick enough and gives it's away to easy. 

1 minute ago, broughtonblue said:

Absolute waste of space last night. Apart from one run in the first half he did nothing. No defensive idea whatsoever, attacking prowess non existent. 

Only one not good enough to wear the shirt last night.

You didn't see the second half I think. Or another game.

2 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

I've got quite a good view in k block thanks

Maybe you went to buy a beer and didn't see the third goal or the pass to Drinky on a silver plate in the box just shortly before he was subbed.

I've got quite a good view in k block thanks

So why deny the undeniable. The bloke made a match-clinching goal and set up what should have been the simplest second. Not his best game by any means but his end product was catagoric. 

Mahrez is suffering from a lack of confidence from playing in a team that has been suffocated of attacking play. He's a top class player and will be back to impact the rest of our season. There are already 1 or 2 elements of quality creeping back into his game. 

Mahrez, without doubt, who is one of many who has lost the plot this season and we can live without him. Remember not so long back many were saying we couldn't survive without Knockaert and then Cambiasso and what did we do, won the EPL.

No-one is indispensable and if the time has come to offload him so be it. The issue then is a meaningful replacement  -  listen up recruitment staff!!

Mahrez's overall play last night was not great. I think the result is clouding peoples judgement. 

2nd half was much better than the first. 1st half he was by far the worst player on the pitch. 

To answer the OP. We all know what Mahrez can do. He can be a 1 out of 10 for 89 mins then pull a goal out the bag. So i would say yes.

I wouldnt begrudge him having a couple of games on the bench though like last season. That seemed to spark him to life and may work again.

8 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Mahrez, without doubt, who is one of many who has lost the plot this season and we can live without him. Remember not so long back many were saying we couldn't survive without Knockaert and then Cambiasso and what did we do, won the EPL.

No-one is indispensable and if the time has come to offload him so be it. The issue then is a meaningful replacement  -  listen up recruitment staff!!

Kante?

Mahrez I hope will improve. If this is a new corner we just turned, he will be able to play with more freedom again, and hopefully return to being the player he was for us.. He has always done **** all defensively, but we had players playing well behind him.. we need that again

16 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Maybe you went to buy a beer and didn't see the third goal or the pass to Drinky on a silver plate in the box just shortly before he was subbed.

Wow the man made two passes in a game. Plus all the back tracking to help out Simpson.  Plus the tackling. Plus he was putting in his foot in to make viral interceptions. Plus his shooting was awesome.  Plus our wing wizard had their full backs scratching their heads  

Motm performance then 

Everyone has a view on things. Shown by the split on this topic!

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I thought he played decent last night, ok he wasn't flying past people like last season but he was being doubled up on. He did work hard and showed some flashes of brilliance. I'm surprised he is being singled out after last night.

He has always been singled out and will continue to be singled out until he leaves Leicester (in every game). I think I know why.

no doubt he was the worse player last night, a 3 year old can sometimes walk pass him, he doesn't put his foot in and when a player dribble past him he does a half hearted jog after them. he can produce moment of magic which can win u games, but right at the end he should of square the ball to vardy for a tap in rather than doing 1 trick too many and he pass back to drinky for that chance, pass to vardy would of been a easy option. he is our most creative player no doubt - but sometimes he is so frustrating to watch especially  when every player put 100% in

Wow the man made two passes in a game. Plus all the back tracking to help out Simpson.  Plus the tackling. Plus he was putting in his foot in to make viral interceptions. Plus his shooting was awesome.  Plus our wing wizard had their full backs scratching their heads  

Motm performance then 

Everyone has a view on things. Shown by the split on this Topic!

Ah so, you don't understand how football works. Doesn't matter, the most important is that you enjoyed the show.

1 minute ago, Topman said:

no doubt he was the worse player last night, a 3 year old can sometimes walk pass him, he doesn't put his foot in and when a player dribble past him he does a half hearted jog after them. he can produce moment of magic which can win u games, but right at the end he should of square the ball to vardy for a tap in rather than doing 1 trick too many and he pass back to drinky for that chance, pass to vardy would of been a easy option. he is our most creative player no doubt - but sometimes he is so frustrating to watch especially  when every player put 100% in

You are wrong. Vardy was out of reach for him. He did the right thing.

Without his input I would have been a nervous wreck last night, as we would not have got that third goal, did very well to get the pass through to Fuch's for him to put it up for Vardy. Reasonable workrate through the game, he was a long way from being the best player in a City shirt last night but it was still the best game he's had for a long time and I've been one of his worst critics, we still need him in our team, confident he'll pick it up from now. The one worry for me however, is that he's convinced himself that he's only going to perform to his best with Slim alongside him.

6 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Ah so, you don't understand how football works. Doesn't matter, the most important is that you enjoyed the show.

Thanks I did

Just enlighten me to his other outstanding contributions last night then please. I'm sure it will stand me in good stead the next time he goes missing

Just now, Topman said:

I didn't watch the highlights but from where I'm sitting at the game, a early ball for vardy would have been a tap in 

I have considered the angles during replay. There was no such option as Vardy had two defenders marking him.

Archived