Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Arrogance personified

Speaking about negotiations concerning our leaving the EU Jeremy Corbyn says his party would be holding the government to account "all the way through", promising to "speak for the entire country".

I cannot imagine anyone having less right to speak for me than Corbyn, except perhaps Tony Blair.  

I'm not even convinced he speaks for that many members of the Labour party let alone "the country".

23 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Speaking about negotiations concerning our leaving the EU Jeremy Corbyn says his party would be holding the government to account "all the way through", promising to "speak for the entire country".

I cannot imagine anyone having less right to speak for me than Corbyn, except perhaps Tony Blair.  

I'm not even convinced he speaks for that many members of the Labour party let alone "the country".

And this is a new thread why?

25 minutes ago, Strokes said:

If his party actually gets behind him

No chance I'm afraid. I feel like the damage is already done for Corbyn. If May cooks up a half decent trade deal with the EU, I can't see her losing to Corbyn. And I can't see Corbyn doing enough to swing conservative voters to his side. 

49 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Well you stirred them up with that one Thrac !  ...   :)

12 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

It is his job to hold the government to account.

As for speaking for the entire country, well I suppose 

that's a bit like Theresa May claiming to act in the

best interests of everybody.

At least she has a mandate. 

1 minute ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

I saw this thread and  thought this was a personal admission Thracian.  Nevermind

And there I was, just about to speak kindly for you, Facecloth, Rincey and a few others ....seems every pathway has its tripwires!  :) 

16 minutes ago, Thracian said:

At least she has a mandate. 

She had a mandate to leave the European Union, she has no mandate on how she leaves the European Union. The opposition has a right to question any move taken when the stakes are this high. Margins could very well be fine and any crucial error should be accountable.

59 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

And this is a new thread why?

To have a go at Corbyn. I do not feel that Theresa May Jeremy Hunt Boris Johnson Tony Blair, et al speaks for me the low paid the disabled. I would have thought arguing and holding the government to account was the opposition leader's job. If Milliband had done it more often things would not be so bad for vulnerable people.

21 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Nice man Jeremy Corbyn, but completely unelectable.

Yes very true.. Pity he does not represents the 'I'm alright Jacks' Shae that his own party have a few of the 'old school' club who are against him. Corbyn is one of the few MP's that does not go OTT when claiming expenses. Perhaps they are afraid that they won't be able to claim so much.

The problem sometimes is the MP in your area does not represent everyone. If a seriously ill person has their PIP removed and their PIP removed and their MP is Theresa May I cannot see her standing up in parliament and saying how bad the system is that her government has put in place. A person cannot contact an MP of their choice to represent them. Only MP's in their constituency can regardless of their political allegiance.

Archived