Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 minute ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Ffs.

im only 5 or so posts into the page and it's 'Wow united'

then the above post.

Did you actually watch both games they've played?

They are strong going forward ,  compact but absolutely vulnerable at the back.

Just because they haven't had anyone running at the might of Bailly and fvcking Phil Jones don't be thinking they're invincible.

mark my words they won't make the top 2 

I would be willing to back that up with a bet if you like?

I actually watched almost all of their games preseason included. Not sure if you have.

They're genuine title contenders and if you can't see it that's your problem. Vulnerable is an adjective I wouldn't use and even then, it's more than enough to shut us down, especially if they take Mahrez out of the game which will naturally happen. We're lightweight in the middle and they're a nightmare forward. That's a game we won't win and we'll be lucky to score one and not concede more than three. The difference in quality is too big for that. 

I bet with you that we'll lose with at least 2 goals difference.

Just now, CollinsLCFC said:

Where do you think they will come, out of curiosity?

I think they can make top 2. 3rd worst case scenario.

Same as Man City last season, 3rd at best,  probably 4th .

City looked absolutely formidable for 8-10 games last season but the weaknesses at the back were obvious to all ( except pep) 

I except Jose has better game management ( premier at least) than pep but that only goes so far.

We'll see but I think last season and the previous season has taught SOME of us something.

maybe not others.

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I actually watched almost all of their games preseason included. Not sure if you have.

They're genuine title contenders and if you can't see it that's your problem. Vulnerable is an adjective I wouldn't use and even then, it's more than enough to shut us down, especially if they take Mahrez out of the game which will naturally happen. We're lightweight in the middle and they're a nightmare forward. That's a game we won't win and we'll be lucky to score one and not concede more than three. The difference in quality is too big for that. 

Il take that bet 

are you sure you're not a united fan?

all pre season games???

You underestimate our own ability that's YOUR problem not mine.

12 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

They was also average at best for 40 minutes 

Just now, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Il take that bet 

are you sure you're not a united fan?

all pre season games???

You underestimate our own ability that's YOUR problem not mine.

Yeah I'm a United Fan in disguise who came here to troll LCFC's true fans. Or one who simply enjoys football.

Maguire is class but he can't do everything alone. Same for Ndidi. DD, supposing he'll play which is a big if and in form which is an even bigger if, is coming back from an injury. Which leaves us with either Iborra who only played a couple of games or King/ Amartey...  Nacho is injured. If we go with the usual 4-4-2, we will be hammered.

A thrilling game against a shaky Arsenal and a win against a championship team ain't enough to put my rosa glasses on.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Why? stoke winning is bad for us, we're more likely to be near stoke at the end of the season than arsenal.

We can be above both of them.