Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

12 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

lol at all the hate arter is getting. It was smart play.

Edit:  oh its actually deemed a foul. Didnt know that. Still good thinking nonetheless

Reminds me of my junior Sunday league days where we were told never to shout "Leave it" or "mine"

Either the ref didn't hear it or more likely doesn't know the laws himself:unsure:

I think arter should get a retrospective red card so no one copies him in the future:P

Just now, Fox92 said:

Hope Huddersfield win. Want them to stay up.

Don't like Newcastle, hope they go back down.

lol im hmm well sorta want Newcastle to win as my bezzie supports them BUT i dont want Huddersfield to lose.. 

Aggh ... lets hope for a 4-4 draw :D 

Watching Huddersfield Newcastle and wondering why we haven't been looking at young German defenders and midfielders. Some of the best CBs in the world are German. Frankie Wortho at the game looking better (and fatter) than he has in a while.

11 minutes ago, FIF said:

Watching Huddersfield Newcastle and wondering why we haven't been looking at young German defenders and midfielders. Some of the best CBs in the world are German. Frankie Wortho at the game looking better (and fatter) than he has in a while.

Probably because our wonderful scouting network does not stretch to Germany/Austria.  Bargains can still be had if you bother to scout in the right areas.  France is now over-fished which explains why prices are much higher than the days of Knocky and Mahrez.

Nice to see some Aussies in the Prem. Tom Rogic and Jackson Irvine are two others who I think have the potential to succeed in this league.

Would have liked to see us sign Mooy, a few were calling for it myself included but Huddersfield is a good fit for him and I think he can help them to survival.

Edited by Melbourne Fuchs
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Aaron Mooy....I did tell ya....

:thumbup:

Aye, I hope we at least made an enquiry. In a time of crazy transfer fees, £10 million would have been an absolute snip. Comfortable on the ball, likes a tackle, drives forward and would comfortably be our best set piece taker.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

We surely can't come below any of the three who came up.

Windows not even closed yet-  too early to talk finishing above anyone. But yeah, if they don't reinforce I'm going three from Newcastle, Brighton, Udders and Palace to drop.

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Hmm Spurs v Chelsea .. 

Should be a more interesting match 

Dont fancy Chelsea's chances are getting 3 points here

Their bench look poor. Who the hell is Scott and Tomori, I have no clue. Chelsea will be lucky to come away with a point.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Their bench look poor. Who the hell is Scott and Tomori, I have no clue. Chelsea will be lucky to come away with a point.

Funny one though isn't it. Big teams are often criticised for not giving youth a chance, then a big team sticks a couple on the bench and people start complaining and asking who the **** they are. Can't win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Funny one though isn't it. Big teams are often criticised for not giving youth a chance, then a big team sticks a couple on the bench and people start complaining and asking who the **** they are. Can't win. 

Tbf they're only on the bench because Chelsea are running out of players due to injuries, suspensions and Costa being Costa. Guaranteed these youths won't be in another match day squad when Chelsea get their players back.