Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah but they're the darling of the Premier League.

They are the new Arsenal, you know the "but they play the best football" team....yeah but they win fuck all.

A Spuds loss, is a Spuds loss, hopefully they do lose to the smaller sides aswell, but mentally losing at Wembley today given what has happened in the past for Spuds at Wembley, what has been said by the media or fans will be a big blow and get in their heads even more so whether it be Chelsea or Brighton.

North Landon wankers, basically.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah but they're the darling of the Premier League.

They are the new Arsenal, you know the "but they play the best football" team....yeah but they win fuck all.

A Spuds loss, is a Spuds loss, hopefully they do lose to the smaller sides aswell, but mentally losing at Wembley today given what has happened in the past for Spuds at Wembley, what has been said by the media or fans will be a big blow and get in their heads even more so whether it be Chelsea or Brighton.

At least Arsenal won stuff though. In their prime, circa 2002-2005 they were sublime to watch and won trophies too.

Ultimate banter was actually winning the league at White Hart Lane.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can I just point out the hilarious fact to everyone, that if Spurs fill out Wembley every week, their new stadium won't be big enough to satisfy the extra demand of 30,000+ supporters.

They can't fill out Wembley every week due to council restrictions - edit: wrong. It is for today only :D I imagine Chelsea, West Ham, Arsenal they won't be able to sell all seats

Their new ground is nowhere near as big as Wembley.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Can I just point out the hilarious fact to everyone, that if Spurs fill out Wembley every week, their new stadium won't be big enough to satisfy the extra demand of 30,000+ supporters.

I imagine there will be a lot of daytrippers at Wembley when spurs at home, not just spurs fans. If they genuinely had enough fans to comfortably fill Wembley week in week out, I'm sure they'd build one big enough.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Spurs have sold out Wembley because members on the wait list were promised guaranteed season tickets in the new stadium if they bought Wembley ST's. 

And I agree with matt's general point on losing today although my point is if they win it doesn't change anything because it's a top six side. Too many pundits were saying a win today banishes their  Wembley hoodoo 

43 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Rafa will resign within the next 2 weeks, my prediction.

They're crap and their transfers this summer have been beyond crap.

Going straight back down with Brighton.

'Uddersfield are already 1/6th of the way to safety!

I agree. I'm not sure they've improved at all? They be one of my faves for relegation at present.

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Just watched motd from last night

what a fvcking cvnt Danny Murphy is

fvcking Mahrez ain't too good for Leicester 

what a fvcking **** Murphy is for saying that shit

big team elitism at its worst again. Cvnt

This is the same Danny Murphy who left Fulham at 35 to join Blackburn on a 30k wage for  guaranteed football thinking he was to good for them 

he turned up to training late constantly and then put minimum effort in on the pitch then when dropped from the team he stated he would be happy to sit on the bench to collect his money 

his contract was terminated 'by  Mutual consent' after 12 months into a 2 year deal 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Just watched motd from last night

what a fvcking cvnt Danny Murphy is

fvcking Mahrez ain't too good for Leicester 

what a fvcking **** Murphy is for saying that shit

big team elitism at its worst again. Cvnt

Used to rate Murphy. Gone right down in my estimations. Wonder if he'd feel the same way about Liverpool and Coutinho?

• Like 1