Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

North Korea

34 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It also has some fantastic water.

BTW Qanon is just another Alex Jones-clone and 8chan is filled to the brim with altrighters, save you the trouble.

Ok thanks, my mates in Wales are a strange mix of left with some distinctly right-ish ideas. It is odd how some ideas cross over party lines.

Funny how the only places with relatively unspoiled environments are the places we humans fear to tread. The book is a bit old (2007) but brilliant, and the section on plastics is horrifying, but 10 years in front of public awareness.

The persistence of our influence is remarkable, when it is laid out in full.

9 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Ok thanks, my mates in Wales are a strange mix of left with some distinctly right-ish ideas. It is odd how some ideas cross over party lines.

Funny how the only places with relatively unspoiled environments are the places we humans fear to tread. The book is a bit old (2007) but brilliant, and the section on plastics is horrifying, but 10 years in front of public awareness.

The persistence of our influence is remarkable, when it is laid out in full.

This topic put me in mind of the Superfund project in the US. I first came across it about thirty years ago on the Appalachian Trail in Pensylvania where it had to be diverted around an old zinc smelting facility. Basically, it's aimed at cleaning up all the areas that have been rendered toxic to life by industrial processes, and there are hundreds of them, particularly in the Eastern States. Disturbingly (particularly for those who live there) I believe it is no longer funded by government and relies on charitable donations.

2 hours ago, Buce said:

This topic put me in mind of the Superfund project in the US. I first came across it about thirty years ago on the Appalachian Trail in Pensylvania where it had to be diverted around an old zinc smelting facility. Basically, it's aimed at cleaning up all the areas that have been rendered toxic to life by industrial processes, and there are hundreds of them, particularly in the Eastern States. Disturbingly (particularly for those who live there) I believe it is no longer funded by government and relies on charitable donations.

I guess the Americans have so much land they can afford to write off a bit, but living in a toxic waste dump must be pants. Imagine being a parent living with that.

We do have a big issue with air pollution though, is it 40k deaths a year?I can't quite remember. It is in the region of that though

3 hours ago, Buce said:

58 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I guess the Americans have so much land they can afford to write off a bit, but living in a toxic waste dump must be pants. Imagine being a parent living with that.

We do have a big issue with air pollution though, is it 40k deaths a year?I can't quite remember. It is in the region of that though

And the current US administration wants to hobble the organisation responsible for the vast majority of that improvement because they think that what came before it worked in terms of environmental safety. 

Consider that, for a moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Well ...   I’ve got to say ...   I wouldn’t trust the little cvnt.      But that’s just me ..   :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2018 at 22:02, Wymeswold fox said:

Kim apparently been spotted on a train in China (NK's main ally), apparently the first time he has left his country since he took over the reins.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-43547044

He was also spotted in Morrisons in Leicester, maybe he is signing for us?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

He was also spotted in Morrisons in Leicester, maybe he is signing for us?

In the cheese isle :) guys obviously a d**k but must have the best life ever. Aside from being a ass. I'll just go and test a rocket eat and party and nobody can say anything. Being Kim Jong number 1 for a day would be awesome. Would miss sitting on the toilet. And the related constipation would be on the negative side..... But that aside must be cool as fock

Have to say, rocket man's played a blinder. He's got his nukes and long range missiles, been accepted into the Olympics on special terms, and has China and South Korea welcoming NK into the intermational fray. 

30 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Have to say, rocket man's played a blinder. He's got his nukes and long range missiles, been accepted into the Olympics on special terms, and has China and South Korea welcoming NK into the intermational fray. 

All down to Donald ...   and his nukes aren't sorted yet ..

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder whether Trump will meet Kim Jong Un in Pyongyang, or the other way round in Washington?..

Two leaders together meeting, who are filled with much controversy.

Just can't see them meeting ever happening in the near future.

Probably more of a chance a rocket is launched on either country by the other one..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

24 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wonder whether Trump will meet Kim Jong Un in Pyongyang, or the other way round in Washington?..

Two leaders together meeting, who are filled with much controversy.

Just can't see them meeting ever happening in the near future.

Probably more of a chance a rocket is launched on either country by the other one..

It'll be neutral ground - somewhere like Stockholm has already been suggested.

Can understand the scepticism tbh given the amount of false dawns in the past, but hey - let's see where it leads.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Can understand the scepticism tbh given the amount of false dawns in the past, but hey - let's see where it leads.

Strip club in amsterdam.

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Does Rocket Man use planes? 

I thought he had a fear or distrust of flying... this report suggests it might just be that all of the countries planes are shit (odd claim, charter one?). 

When he went to China it was via his Presidential Train, choo, choo!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/kim-jong-un-donald-trump-north-korea-us-summit-washington-pyeongchang-americas-asia-a8299906.html

14 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Does Rocket Man use planes? 

I thought he had a fear or distrust of flying... this report suggests it might just be that all of the countries planes are shit (odd claim, charter one?). 

When he went to China it was via his Presidential Train, choo, choo!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/kim-jong-un-donald-trump-north-korea-us-summit-washington-pyeongchang-americas-asia-a8299906.html

Not sure about that.

Panmunjeom in the DMZ, or even somewhere like Ulanbataar (that could be reached by train from NK) might be places to consider if Kim doesn't want to fly, I guess.

9 hours ago, toddybad said:

Laying the groundwork, evidently.

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Beechey said:

A US government official travelling to the DPRK is frankly massive. Will be quite impressed with them if they get much out of these meetings.

Very impressive. 

Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize for nothing, surely Donald gets one if the Korean war is declared over?