Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

Sherdan Shaqiri if we could keep him fit.   Quick, elusive, crosses the ball with pace or flight, a genuine goal threat and still young enough to improve.  

Issa Diop - Tall, fast, strong, brave, decisive, quick to recover, good concentration...exactly what we need now at centre-back.  

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Forgot about Amartey to be fair. 

I really thought we would be trying him at CB, but doesn't seem as likely now. I am not sure he is good enough at CM (yet at least) 

Think you are right about King. Thing he will stay, even if 5th choice. 

Mendy is a tough one, as 4 games is just not enough to decide if he is a good player or not. He was captain of Nice and got rave reviews there, so I would be hesitant to sell him so soon, and prefer that he got 6 months to prove himself. 

If Drinkwater had played as well as he did last season, then I wouldn't be that concerned about signing another top CM, as him and N'didi would start nearly every game hopefully, with James/King/Mendy all able to cover the handful of games they missed or cup competitions. 

The drop-off and continued poor form Drinky shows though, makes me think that we need another top CM to play alongside N'didi or at least help force Drinky to rediscover those heights of last year. No one has pushed him for his place this season. 

Personally, I would have N'didi, New signing, Drinkwater, James and also Sigurdsson able to play in there if needed. 

Sell King. Loan out Amartey if not to be used as CB and give Mendy 6 months and cup games/handful of starts to prove he is good enough once fully fit again. 

What I think will happen....  Mendy will be sold and we won't buy any CM's. Leaving us N'didi, Drinkwater, James, King, Amartey. I think that leaves us 1 quality CM short and 2 reserves who won't push the starting pair hard enough for a starting place. Hopefully, I am wrong though. 

Can't imagine Drinkwater wanting to be a fringe player so it might well be the time to sell him because we need more threat and faster passing in midfield though not at the expense of competitiveness. Don't see why James or King couldn't help provide back-up in the absence of anyone better. Haven't totally given up on Amartey but he doesn't strike me as likely to be outstanding in any role.        

Sako - Liverpool value the defender at £30m lol

Added £10million on in space of few months

He has been excellent at Palace. I expect them to lump up the cash for him as Liverpool decided still don't want him.

I would be OK if we signed him, as he has proven quality, but like Gibson, £30 million :o

11 hours ago, STUHILL said:

If Slimani leaves then agreed on Deeney

Especially since that article he did a few months back. Seems to have a good head about him - won't disrupt the team spirit.

45 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

I'd like a young centre half no one has heard of from a lower league team

Well no-ones gonna have heard of him if you dont mention names. Is this lad going to be announced holding a shirt with a question mark on the back?

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

I'd like a young centre half no one has heard of from a lower league team 

Ezri Konsa seems to be getting a lot of praise. There's probably loads of others, but if your hinting that we will be signing a lower league CB, I'm all for it.

Pickford (if Kasper leaves)

Trippier or Naughton

Gibson/Maguire/Keane any two of three 

Patrick Roberts

Pione Sisto

Sigurdson

Abraham

get some younger lads in, they'd make us a lot stronger too. 

sell 

Wasyl

Amartey (loan)

Ulloa

Musa

I can't see Mahrez not leaving either 

6 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Moses Odubajo? Back from injury next month & only has 1 year left on his contract. Always looked a good player.. He might be a good attack minded option at RB?

I mentioned him a couple of months ago, I've always been impressed by him. Quick and athletic attacking right back. Cheap also.

Any from:

GK: Jordan Pickford

Joe Hart

CB: Kara Mbodj

Kevin Wimmer

Francesco Acerbi

Harry Maguire

Nathan Ake

CM: Adrian Silva

AM: Gylfi Sigurdsson 

Gaston Ramirez 

Shinji Kagawa

Ravel Morrison ?

Josip Ilicic

FW: Tam Abraham 

Jeison Murillo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a defender, and he has been linked to us!

29 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Any from:

GK: Jordan Pickford

Joe Hart

CB: Kara Mbodj

Kevin Wimmer

Francesco Acerbi

Harry Maguire

Nathan Ake

CM: Adrian Silva

AM: Gylfi Sigurdsson 

Gaston Ramirez