Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

Sead is great, but I don't remember him playing LB a lot this season from what I saw (and I saw a lot of schalke games).

He is better as a LWB, great pace and physical attributes, built like a tank.

I would love him here, but he would choose to go to a bigger club. 

I would like to try and get one of nastasic, bentaleb, Leon, Ralf fahrmann or howedes from schalke

Always thought Josh King would suit our system nicely and he's certainly stepped up over the last 12months or so. Questioned the transfer when Bournemouth first signed him from Blackburn but's gone from strength to strength and added goals to his game.

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

Always thought Josh King would suit our system nicely and he's certainly stepped up over the last 12months or so. Questioned the transfer when Bournemouth first signed him from Blackburn but's gone from strength to strength and added goals to his game.

Would love to have him in our team, could be the long term replacement for Vardy we've been looking for.

Would love Defoe on a 1 year contract to give vardy some pressure for the number 1 striker spot. Sigurdsson would be the dream signing. I think we will go back in for silva at sporting and get him this summer. Ben Gibson would be a great signing to sit under the learning tree of Morgan and huth for a season think we have missed the boat on Keane last summer he will go to a top 4 club probably Man Utd. And we obviously need a right back maybe trying get chambers from arsenal. We should really try and buy from the  premiership and only get 1 or 2 players from abroad 

13 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Would be a great signing. Also his background and rise from non-league is a perfect fit for us.

He's comfortable playing LB, LM, CDM & CAM.

Maybe he could be a left footed Albrighton? I've always said we need another Albrighton type, because without him our midfield looks disjointed.

Clucas/Gray as back up to Mahrez/Albrighton? However Lawrence wouldn't want to be 5th choice.. Maybe he can compete at number 10, or replace Gray if he leaves.

Yes Clucas was in our academy. Apparently he was a forward and top scorer every season, we released him as at the time he was too small, a height assessor predicted he would be 6ft 2in by the time he was 21. 

Think he was in Hoddles academy in Spain, but many think he has England potential, he is 26 though so not as young as people may think .

Be a decent signing but I think he would want to play every week

Schemeichel

Simpson     Jullien         Huth    Chilwell

Drinky Ndidi 

Mahrez         Silva         Albrighton

Vardy  

That would be my preffered starting X11,

but what I think means nothing so I've just waisted 2mins. :wes:

Guest CityFan 06

Minor alterations to my previous list, these are options I'd like us to consider for Summer 2017. Not claiming it's realistic.

• Heaton, Hart, Pickford

(Assuming one of Schmeichel or Zieler move)

• Kieran Trippier

(Additional option to Simpson)

• Michael Keane

(Primary target for CB)

• Smalling, Ake, Maguire, Gibson, Mbodji

(Secondary target for CB)

• Hamsik, Martial, Sigurdsson 

(Mahrez likely to move)

• Lacazette, Giroud, Iheanacho, Negredo? 

(Assuming one of Slimani or Ulloa move)

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

Minor alterations to my previous list, these are options I'd like us to consider for Summer 2017. Not claiming it's realistic.

• Heaton, Hart, Pickford

(Assuming one of Schmeichel or Zieler move)

• Kieran Trippier

(Additional option to Simpson)

• Michael Keane

(Primary target for CB)

• Smalling, Ake, Maguire, Gibson, Mbodji

(Secondary target for CB)

• Hamsik, Martial, Sigurdsson 

(Mahrez likely to move)

• Lacazette, Giroud, Iheanacho, Negredo? 

(Assuming one of Slimani or Ulloa move)

Some incredibly unrealistic shouts in there

Guest CityFan 06
39 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Asmir Begovic is an Goalkeeping option many have overlooked, should Kasper leave. He he wants to leave Chelsea for first team football. 

Top call this. I'd be happy with Begovic as number one for sure.

Not to sure what to make of Pickford, obviously he's had an outstanding season but there's always one keeper from a relegated club that looks unbelievable e.g. David Marshall and John Ruddy. Unless he's a reasonable price (under £10 million) I don't think he should be pursued.

35 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Not to sure what to make of Pickford, obviously he's had an outstanding season but there's always one keeper from a relegated club that looks unbelievable e.g. David Marshall and John Ruddy. Unless he's a reasonable price (under £10 million) I don't think he should be pursued.

No such thing as 'a reasonable price' these days 

Rooney.

(I'm aware I've lost most readers already but bear with me.)

Creative number 10: ✔

Premier League experience: ✔

Leader/captain material: ✔

Goalscorer: ✔

Winner: ✔

Granted he would slow our game down. Granted he is past his peak. Granted he might, possibly, maybe not be as hungry as he once was. Granted it may cost us A LOT of money in wages.

But, I think he would fit in well in the dressing room here and it might be another reason for one or two of our in-demand players to stay.

Okazaki's energy is a huge part of our game and I love the guy to bits. But in terms of creativity and end product, Rooney would be a serious upgrade. We have plenty of energy elsewhere in the team with Albrighton, Ndidi and Vardy. And, Okazaki may well be more effective as a hyper energetic super sub in the final 30 minutes rather than the starting and only lasting the first 45-60.

People saying that Sigurdsson would be a great signing may well consider Rooney to be one too. In my opinion I think he would link up well with the two wingers, and with Vardy, Ndidi and Drinky.

The second leg against Atleti showed what we're capable of. We are actually capable of putting the top sides in European football to the sword. But, we missed one or two pieces of real top quality in our final ball or finishing. Rooney can provide that.

With smart recruitment elsewhere and if we keep our best players, I don't see how we would need to change our game too much to accommodate him.

33 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Rooney.

(I'm aware I've lost most readers already but bear with me.)

Creative number 10: ✔

Premier League experience: ✔

Leader/captain material: ✔

Goalscorer: ✔

Winner: ✔

Granted he would slow our game down. Granted he is past his peak. Granted he might, possibly, maybe not be as hungry as he once was. Granted it may cost us A LOT of money in wages.

But, I think he would fit in well in the dressing room here and it might be another reason for one or two of our in-demand players to stay.

Okazaki's energy is a huge part of our game and I love the guy to bits. But in terms of creativity and end product, Rooney would be a serious upgrade. We have plenty of energy elsewhere in the team with Albrighton, Ndidi and Vardy. And, Okazaki may well be more effective as a hyper energetic super sub in the final 30 minutes rather than the starting and only lasting the first 45-60.

People saying that Sigurdsson would be a great signing may well consider Rooney to be one too. In my opinion I think he would link up well with the two wingers, and with Vardy, Ndidi and Drinky.

The second leg against Atleti showed what we're capable of. We are actually capable of putting the top sides in European football to the sword. But, we missed one or two pieces of real top quality in our final ball or finishing. Rooney can provide that.

With smart recruitment elsewhere and if we keep our best players, I don't see how we would need to change our game too much to accommodate him.

You didn't lose me because of any of your points.. You lost me because Wayne Rooney who is on £300k a week, is not coming anywhere near Leicester. 

China are offering him £750k pre tax a week!

America will also offer him a load and the lifestyle he may want.

Everton are his only possible Premier League destination due to it being his boyhood club and that would involve a big wage cut.

Not happening. I think he is rapidly declining anyway. I'd go to China for a year, followed by couple of years in America and then call it a day. 

Archived