Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

Some of these suggestions are totally ridiculous.

Our window of opportunity for top players was last season when we were still somewhat of an unknown quantity and PL Champions with the Champions League coming up. If any player has an option of a club like Everton or better then we have no chance. I even think Michael Keane would run his last year out at Burnley before joining us and go on a Bosman in a year's time. Siggurdson probably only reluctantly joins if he has no other option.

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Some of these suggestions are totally ridiculous.

Our window of opportunity for top players was last season when we were still somewhat of an unknown quantity and PL Champions with the Champions League coming up. If any player has an option of a club like Everton or better then we have no chance. I even think Michael Keane would run his last year out at Burnley before joining us and go on a Bosman in a year's time. Siggurdson probably only reluctantly joins if he has no other option.

Totally agree. I think people put down more of a fantasy list of targets than realistic one.

Can only see Sigurdsson joining us if Swansea get relegated and no big club comes calling, including Everton. It's possible at least, whereas the ship has well and truly sailed for Keane. 

Brighton linked with Joel Campbell.... iirc Arsenal fans loved him for his work rate and tracking back. Seemed to have a decent end product too.

1 year left on his contract... Maybe he could be another talented reject we can give a new lease of life?

Guest CityFan 06

I think Janssen from Leeds would be a potentially very good signing. Other clubs in the Prem are already interested though. 

Been doing my stat research :whistle:

GK(If Kasper leaves) - Hart, Pickford or Heaton.

RB - Conti or Kaderabek

CB - Mbodji, Maguire, Gibson or Dunk

CM - Seri, Illarramendi or N.Keita

WG/CAM - Pereira or Sigurdsson

ST - Abraham or Braithwaite

13 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Been doing my stat research :whistle:

GK(If Kasper leaves) - Hart, Pickford or Heaton.

RB - Conti or Kaderabek

CB - Mbodji, Maguire, Gibson or Dunk

CM - Seri, Illarramendi or N.Keita

WG/CAM - Pereira or Sigurdsson

ST - Abraham or Braithwaite

Naby Keita?lol you do realise RB Leipzig are loaded? I can only see him going to a top European club that regularly plays champions league football. Well out of our league in terms of realistic signings. Last summer we could have got him, not this. 

27 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Jansson has already agreed to join Leeds permanently in the summer hasn't he?

He gets overshadowed by Keane but Ben Mee always looks good when I've seen Burnley.

Apparently mee marshalled Lukaku very well against Everton & then Keane got turned and they then conceded. West brom were linked with him I think? 

10 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Agree he's been awful recently, also when he's the main man in a boro team who can't buy a goal it says something to me

He's got serious talent, but his attitude stinks. That's the disappointing part, he has the quality to be a very good 'top 10' premier league player. He's let himself this season. 

Guest CityFan 06

I hope we have a good summer in terms of transfers, it's a big summer in my view. If the club want to progress as a top 10 Prem side, we ought to be signing players with the potential to do that. 

I read about Shakespeare already looking at summer recruitment; it feels to me he'd be very thorough in his business and I'd imagine Shakespeare would have people working with him, who are also of the same mindset and attributes. Hence why I feel if Shakespeare does get the job, he will probably assemble a good recruitment set up, which is essential to the club's onward success. 

I think loads of people are over estimating how much money we're going to spend and how many players we'll bring in. Find it hard to believe that we'll have a net spend of over £40m and some suggestions would be £75m+.

Think we should be looking to sign 3 or so quality players, my choices would be: 

Ben Gibson - desperately need a young CB with English experience and he plays on the left side.

Adrien Silva - think he's a real quality player, provide competition with drinky.

Joshua King - think he's capable of replacing shinji. Quite often plays in midfield so will be capable of dropping back, he's playing CAM at the moment. Also works hard and would help out counter attacking style more. 

17 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I think loads of people are over estimating how much money we're going to spend and how many players we'll bring in. Find it hard to believe that we'll have a net spend of over £40m and some suggestions would be £75m+.

Think we should be looking to sign 3 or so quality players, my choices would be: 

Ben Gibson - desperately need a young CB with English experience and he plays on the left side.

Adrien Silva - think he's a real quality player, provide competition with drinky.

Joshua King - think he's capable of replacing shinji. Quite often plays in midfield so will be capable of dropping back, he's playing CAM at the moment. Also works hard and would help out counter attacking style more. 

Adrien silva is a quality 

Transfers in

Gibson

M'Bodji

Cafu

Backup winger

Modeste

Backup playmaker

backup right back

Transfers out

Mahrez

Musa

Wasyl

Ulloa 

I know it's not very detailed with the backup players but I'm not sure of any backup players who would be happy to sit on the bench week in week out, possibly some youngster from the Championship who could be a bright prospect in the future. 

4 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

Transfers in

Gibson

M'Bodji

Cafu

Backup winger

Modeste

Backup playmaker

backup right back

Transfers out

Mahrez

Musa

Wasyl

Ulloa 

I know it's not very detailed with the backup players but I'm not sure of any backup players who would be happy to sit on the bench week in week out, possibly some youngster from the Championship who could be a bright prospect in the future. 

Need another creative-deep central midifielder. *not another as we don't have one*

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

Need another creative-deep central midifielder. *not another as we don't have one*

Agree, Amartey and N'Didi has little passing ability. I think Mendy does but we haven't seen him fully fit yet so we can't make a judgement on him. 

Archived