Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
15 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Izzy brown looks class 

I was thinking the same watching the game, just googled him and turns out he was at the Leicester academy when he was 14

3 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Was jesting. I'd be confident Silva was from Walsh, Ndidi was!

Pretty sure some ITK on the forum said that Rudkin was made aware of Silva's availability at the CL draw, when he talked with some agents.

Don't know if we even scouted the fella tbh.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He literally said he was joining Lcfc though?

Correct Silva said in an interview before Slimani signed on the 30th of August, that a deal had been agreed. Silva is very, very likely to have been a Walsh scout. Ndidi was scouted by Walsh 100%.

1 minute ago, RoyFox said:

Correct Silva said in an interview before Slimani signed on the 30th of August, that a deal had been agreed. Silva is very, very likely to have been a Walsh scout. Ndidi was scouted by Walsh 100%.

In all fairness it was agreed between the player & the club. Silva's representatives were dead on certain that the offer we put on the table to Sporting, they would accept. 

Hence Silva's comments about joining us. Obviously that wasn't the case & he made a tit of himself. It is believed a lot of Silva's "niggles" this season have actually been BS, as he no longer has a desire to play for the club.

Before anyone asks I'm not ITK. However on this specific situation I know a bit.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He looked woeful against Arsenal on Saturday - well beyond his years. No thanks 

29yrs old with 330 Prem games under his belt yet you judge him on a 90mins performance.....I suppose you would of said the same about Huth when we signed him? 

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

29yrs old with 330 Prem games under his belt yet you judge him on a 90mins performance.....I suppose you would of said the same about Huth when we signed him? 

I agree here completely it's so petty. However we do need young centre backs now. Shawcross is no better than Morgan or Huth imo.

1 minute ago, Albert said:

I have been impressed with his game time this season after a worrying back injury plagued him last. I don't see Shawcross as an improvement on huth. I have seen him several times this season and he has dissapointed me each time. he seems to ave dropped off from where he was two or three years ago. 

On 02/05/2017 at 13:33, AjcW said:

This isn't necessarily a want but I think RRZ will leave and John Ruddy is out of contract at Norwich and being released, he'd be fantastic back up for Kasper/New No.1.

He'd also be okay with being back up in my opinion, more so than RRZ has been!

On 02/05/2017 at 16:23, AKCJ said:

If we replace Kasper with John ****ing Ruddy then we deserve a thousand lashings.

Apologies for going off topic here but I always thought you two were the same person. That AjcW had became AKCJ. Came to my attention when I thought you were slating your own suggestion lol

26 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He'd do well for a bournemouth ( side that keeps the ball). He gets into pockets well and has a brilliant left foot. 

My thoughts exactly re Bournemouth. Really like the look of him at Fulham, seems he's matured a fair bit over the last year or so. Gets into some great attacking positions. Isn't he captain there too? Trouble is, as much as I would like a player like Cairney I don't think he'd improve our starting XI and for us now it's vital we do that.

8 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

My thoughts exactly re Bournemouth. Really like the look of him at Fulham, seems he's matured a fair bit over the last year or so. Gets into some great attacking positions. Isn't he captain there too? Trouble is, as much as I would like a player like Cairney I don't think he'd improve our starting XI and for us now it's vital we do that.

Good player, but doesnt suit style, he's not athletic enough for a counter attacking team. Weakness is tracking, against Reading he lost his man frequently. 

57 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Good player, but doesnt suit style, he's not athletic enough for a counter attacking team. Weakness is tracking, against Reading he lost his man frequently. 

He's not particularly athletic but would you say he's much less athletic than Drinkwater for example? He's played pretty well and been quite instrumental in an attacking Fulham side to be fair

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He's not particularly athletic but would you say he's much less athletic than Drinkwater for example? He's played pretty well and been quite instrumental in an attacking Fulham side to be fair

I'd say Drinky gets around the pitch a lot more but Cairney is technically superior. He plays in a midfield 3 so has less defensive responsibilities. 

3 minutes ago, Worthington said:

I'd be happy to  see Cairney here. Not a superstar name, but hardworking, consistent and versatile. He'd add to the squad no doubt and, I'd be willing to bet, part of the starting XI as often as not by the latter part of the season.

Him, Wimmer and Ruddy, three good additions for the squad without, I'd imagine, eye watering fees. Then start looking at the 'luxury' toys to blitz the ££££££s on !

Cairney will cost between £15-£20m 

Archived