Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

I think we need a decent bit of renovating done to this team, even more so if players leave. So this is what I think we need and who I'd go for....

RB - Smith or possibly Zabaleta

CB - Gibson or Maguire

CM - Adrien Silva or Cairney

WInger - Bruma or Patrick Roberts

No 10 - Gylfi Sigurdsson (would be my priority) 

ST - Abraham or Ihneacho

For one of each of these players, you're probably talking around £100m-£110m...

Leaving the squad I would look to get rid of...

Ulloa

James

Wes or Benny

Mahrez

Kaputska (Loan)

Amartey (Loan)

Wasyl

Musa

So that's maybe about £35m-£40m, meaning our net spend would be about £60m which is not too bad at all...

(I'm sure I'll probably take some stick but I'm not too fussed, doesn't look like you can say anything here without someone slating you.)

Has irritated me for the last few seasons how little playing time Javier Pastore has had at PSG. Probably beyond us but would be good in that ever illusive number 10 role for us. 

Can't help but think Hakim Ziyech would also be a good fit and always been a fan of Zlatko Junuzovic - knocking on a bit now but creative and good from set pieces.

18 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Has irritated me for the last few seasons how little playing time Javier Pastore has had at PSG. Probably beyond us but would be good in that ever illusive number 10 role for us. 

Erm, he's been injured for the best part of four months this season, and the best part of half a year the season before that. There's a reason he's not been playing!

25 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Erm, he's been injured for the best part of four months this season, and the best part of half a year the season before that. There's a reason he's not been playing!

Fair, didn't realise.

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

If Smalling is going for a decent price I'd take a punt tbh. Was excellent last year and fell away this year for reasons unknown. 

Wow he is 27 with 30 caps for England... i Legit thought he was about 22 with a couple of caps. or has someone messed with wiki.

25 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Wow he is 27 with 30 caps for England... i Legit thought he was about 22 with a couple of caps. or has someone messed with wiki.

Time flies when you're having fun eh. The past 4 years for us definitely have been :thumbup:

27 minutes ago, les-tah said:

or just buy their complete recruitment network.

United have done that already, they took the Chief Scout,  Rolan Janssen in November. He found Ndidi, Colley, Bailey, KDB, Koulibaly and Courtois. 

16 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Gaston Ramirez? A lot of ifs and buts in January

Now Boro are down it's worth considering...

I live with a Boro fan and he says Ramirez attitude has been absolutely appalling this season, not to mention he's not very good either. Absolutely not

Still think Alejandro Gomez from Atalanta would be perfect here, maybe in a partnership with Vardy. Hard working and a bit mad.

Would like to see us go in for another destroyer with the ability to play a bit too - go back in for Camacho from Malaga or test the waters with Real and a bid for Marcos Llorente (probably no chance, though).

I'll be honest and say I don't watch any Portuguese football whatsoever but that Iuri Medeiros lad who's been at Boavista this season has been getting praise in end of season reviews for being direct and having a hand in plenty of goals from the wing. Left-footed, too. Willing to be shot down by anybody who keeps an eye on that league, mind!

Archived