Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Leverkusen are letting four big names go this summer:

Chicharito

Calhanoglu

Bellarabi

Kampl

I haven't been following the Bundesliga lately. Would you think they're a good fit for us?

4 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Agreed, state of things though means that £20m is fast being regarded as 'average' sort of fee. I'd expect Cairney and Wimmer to cost £30m or so between them!

Honestly think our 'record fee paid' will rise, perhaps twice, during the summer!   

I think Aaron Mooy or Adrien Silva would be more suitable for our system next to a ball winner (Ndidi) 

11 minutes ago, shen said:

I haven't been following the Bundesliga lately. Would you think they're a good fit for us?

Kampl would be a perfect fit in central midfield, has a real engine on him. Would definitely complement Drinkwater.

Calhanoglu on the left and Bellarabi on the right wing...:cool: I'd prefer Calhanoglu out of the two, as he is more skillful and has more potential still, plus he's a born playmaker. Bellarabi is a bit too much about pace...

I wonder if a straight swap of Slimani for Silva is on the cards?

I'd love to see us play what i call the Tottenham formation with two attacking full backs. A holding MF who can slot in at centre back with two CM's in front of them . One up front and two inside FW's/No 10's just behind.

Vardy

Sigurdsson                                          Mahrez

Silva                            Drinkwater

Ndidi

Chilwell                  CB                        CB                             RB

Schmeichel

22 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I wonder if a straight swap of Slimani for Silva is on the cards?

I'd love to see us play what i call the Tottenham formation with two attacking full backs. A holding MF who can slot in at centre back with two CM's in front of them . One up front and two inside FW's/No 10's just behind.

Vardy

Sigurdsson                                          Mahrez

Silva                            Drinkwater

Ndidi

Chilwell                  CB                        CB                             RB

Schmeichel

6 new first teamers? As Shakey said, absolutely no need for mass surgery. A few little tinkers here and there will do us fine

15 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

But better technically 

Sorry to be daft, everyone, but if we got Silva, would be as a replacement for Drinkwater rather than Okazaki? Cause I really want an upgrade to Shinji, even though I though love him, because I think we are too reliant on Vardy for goals.

34 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Sorry to be daft, everyone, but if we got Silva, would be as a replacement for Drinkwater rather than Okazaki? Cause I really want an upgrade to Shinji, even though I though love him, because I think we are too reliant on Vardy for goals.

I'd say he can replace Shinji as he has defensive instincts, so will help out defensively but also has quality going forward. 

I really can't believe Leverkusen is selling all of those guys. Kampl is very good technically, almost as good as Mahrez on the wing. Bellarabi is good too. Chicharito is probably one of the best goal poachers in the world and Calhanoglu is outstanding from set pieces.

The only problem would be that they would be expensive. Kampl would cost 15m, Bellarabi would cost 15m as well. Chicharito would probably cost closer to 30m and Calhanoglu would cost 25. 

i know everyone is going on about how much we need central defenders and i agree but i also see a problem with depth in central midfield. 

ask yourself who can we really trust to do a job in CM other than Drinky and Ndidi ?

King yes maybe on his day. 

James maybe but we have not seen him play for the first team for along time and yes he looked good for Barnsley but that's the Championship and we are not there anymore, also i worry with his injury record.

Mendy the verdict is still out on him as this season he's been playing with a dodgy ankle, let's hope we see the best of him next season but also his dodgy ankle worries me. 

Amartey well the lad just does not look like a Prem player, i hope he proves me wrong. 

i really worry for us if we lose Drinky or Ndidi with a serious injury next season, i hope we improve in CM . 

34 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

i know everyone is going on about how much we need central defenders and i agree but i also see a problem with depth in central midfield. 

ask yourself who can we really trust to do a job in CM other than Drinky and Ndidi ?

King yes maybe on his day. 

James maybe but we have not seen him play for the first team for along time and yes he looked good for Barnsley but that's the Championship and we are not there anymore also i worry with his injury record.

Mendy the verdict is still out on him as this season he's been playing with a dodgy ankle, let's hope we see the best of him next season but also his dodgy ankle worries me. 

Amartey well the lad just does not look like a Prem player, i hope he proves me wrong. 

i really worry for us if we lose Drinky or Ndidi with a serious injury next season, i hope we improve in CM . 

Step forward.... Adrien Silva:thumbup:

Zabaleta - worth a punt? Rightback is always been an area where I thought we were light. I personally think he has a good few miles left on his clock. I suspect his wages will be a massive barrier but I've always been impressed with him and his attitude over the years, a real professional. Free transfer like Fuchs.

Looks like Galatasaray are rumored.

Just now, berniethebolt said:

Zabaleta - worth a punt? Rightback is always been an area where I thought we were light. I personally think he has a good few miles left on his clock. I suspect his wages will be a massive barrier but I've always been impressed with him and his attitude over the years, a real professional. Free transfer like Fuchs.

Looks like Galatasaray are rumored.

Narh Simpson is good enough at the moment, we need to buy someone young (max 24y's/o preferably) and when the time is right bring him in as the regular first team starter. 

Archived