Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DontSellMahrez

Ulloa - new contract?

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Might mean Slimani is not considered a favourite replacement for Vardy etc then?

Ulloa is more mobile than Slimani imo but genuinely see Slimani as a more potent threat on his day.

More mobile than Slimani? It is exactly the opposite, Ulloa is only better winning headers nothing more. But yes, it might mean that Slimani is off.

37 minutes ago, shiv said:

I guarantee if Slimani had done what Ulloa had done you would be slating him lol 

I like Ulloa but stats don't lie - Slimani is a better player. The favouritism towards Ulloa on here irritates me. 

There is things in football forums that I gave up trying to understand, and the hate towards Slimani here is one of them. No matter what he does, someone always ends up slating him and find something that he has done wrong. But oh well, he is off.

People here will learn to love slim, look at eagle10 for the proof. Man is a sporting fan taking the time to watch and fallow the club and even signing up to defend slimani in this forum (he has 230+ comments already). If that's not love, I don't know what is.

A couple of late game winners will change opinions here.

What I find it funny is the ulloa and okazaki "fanboys" can't really use any solid proof against slim (apart from his injury and the supposed changing room rumors)

Admit it, they can't keep up with him but because okazaki smiles a lot and ulloa is the senior player, slim gets the short straw.

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

People here will learn to love slim, look at eagle10 for the proof. Man is a sporting fan taking the time to watch and fallow the club and even signing up to defend slimani in this forum (he has 230+ comments already). If that's not love, I don't know what is.

A couple of late game winners will change opinions here.

What I find it funny is the ulloa and okazaki "fanboys" can't really use any solid proof against slim (apart from his injury and the supposed changing room rumors)

Admit it, they can't keep up with him but because okazaki smiles a lot and ulloa is the senior player, slim gets the short straw.

Nah, I don't love Slim, just think he is wrongly slated here, and I think he is an excellent striker, at least he was in Sporting. Either way he is one of the best I saw at my club, so of course I like him, but not even close to my favorite player or striker.

8 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Nah, I don't love Slim, just think he is wrongly slated here, and I think he is an excellent striker, at least he was in Sporting. Either way he is one of the best I saw at my club, so of course I like him, but not even close to my favorite player or striker.

lol, at least humor me.

has Ulloa really done enough to earn a new contract, what does he offer that we can't get an upgrade on. Doesn't score enough goals and is a bit sloppy in possession. Works hard there's no doubt about that but just isn't mobile enough and I doubt he will start many games if Slimani stays.

34 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

When we signed him it was thought to be crazy money for him.

I thought 8m was ridiculous and got cold sweats thinking about the money. Now I am happy for us to spend it on unknown youth players.

I'm glad he stays. Leo's the man! On the other hand, I don't get what's the point of extending his contract from the club's perspective (having Slim and Moose on the bench already) especially when we know we won't play in Europe next season... unless they want to offload him soon 

So this Berk throws his toys out the pram when he's not playing (because he's not good enough) and then gets a new contract as a reward for what exactly lol 

This is absurd really 

You clearly missed or ignored a few major parts of that story.

My problem with him extending his contract is he'd actually been refusing to play for the u23s for several weeks before that now infamous interview on sky...

football is a strange world. I know what my boss would say if I refused to do MY job... and he certainly wouldn't be extending my contract....

the fact he is now extending his contract and has accepted  he will not be  playing regularly does make me wonder if he was the one working behind the scenes against Ranieri...

Archived